N.J. troopers arrest woman for remaining silent during traffic stop

And to talk in common sense language in terms of the offense. No one here has shown in the legal code they can refuse to talk period to the officer. That is a nuisance, disorderly conduct, and you can be taken to the station in hand cuffs.

If I am wrong, show me in the state code where.

[QUOTE="JakeStarkey, post: 15003535, member: 20412"Following your advice would get me a life sentence, you clown.

No one has no right not to talk to a police person in the performance of duties. In my world, if asked such a question, I would ask for an attorney. If I were stopped for speeding, I would comply with common sense questions.

You need to grow up, little one, and know the differences of your rights.[/QUOTE]

And on Planet Pajamas no person incapable of speech would be allowed out in public because that person could not speak on command.

Brilliant, Hillary-boi, fucking brilliant!

Nope,smart asses who go out of their way to start shit.

Smart-asses who go out of their way to start shit when they are right -- and end up winning punitive awards when their issue reaches the civil court.

Do you have any idea how much of your tax money is paid out in punitive awards because of police misconduct or improper performance? check it out and you will be unpleasantly surprised.

In New York City, alone, the average is between $400 million to half-a-billion dollars a year -- every year! Most of it is in settlements. The reason we don't learn about it in the news is all of these settlements include a silence agreement, meaning the recipient agrees not to talk about it to anyone.

Smart-asses who go out of their way to start shit when they are right -- and end up winning punitive awards when their issue reaches the civil court.

Do you have any idea how much of your tax money is paid out in punitive awards because of police misconduct or improper performance? check it out and you will be unpleasantly surprised.

In New York City, alone, the average is between $400 million to half-a-billion dollars a year -- every year! Most of it is in settlements. The reason we don't learn about it in the news is all of these settlements include a silence agreement, meaning the recipient agrees not to talk about it to anyone.

She needlessly antagonized the cop.
End of story.

[QUOTE="JakeStarkey, post: 15003535, member: 20412"Following your advice would get me a life sentence, you clown.

No one has no right not to talk to a police person in the performance of duties. In my world, if asked such a question, I would ask for an attorney. If I were stopped for speeding, I would comply with common sense questions.

You need to grow up, little one, and know the differences of your rights.

And on Planet Pajamas no person incapable of speech would be allowed out in public because that person could not speak on command. Brilliant, Hillary-boi, fucking brilliant![/QUOTE]Only a bottom boi like you could come up with that disconnect.

We have sensible laws on the books. If you are speeding and get pulled over, talk to the cop. Don't be an asshole, a public nuisance and disruptor of the public order in order to grandstand, and get pulled down town.

You are an idiot.

She will win no punitive award. She will pay court costs and may well be assessed the state's fees.

Only a bottom boi like you could come up with that disconnect.

We have sensible laws on the books. If you are speeding and get pulled over, talk to the cop. Don't be an asshole, a public nuisance and disruptor of the public order in order to grandstand, and get pulled down town.

You are an idiot.

Please consider learning how to properly use the quote function before calling any other than yourself a derogatory name. A little spell-checker might not be amiss either.

Of course you DO have the right to remain silent - were that but that were possible.

Bottom boi, check #162 above. I posted to the way you posted. You do have the obligation to cooperate with the police, and if you deliberately obstruct lawful police behavior, you go down town. So you don't like being called what you are? Tough.

The police can do their job without someone talking to them. If pulled over all someone has to say is "I am remaining silent unless an attorney is present".

At that point the police officer cannot continue any interrogation. What they should do is just say "I need your license and registration". Once they have it they write the ticket, tell the person why they were pulled over and hand them the ticket. They have completed their task.

This misconception so many people have that the police are god-like is false. It is also one of the reasons there are bad cops who DO view their authority as god-like. No person has to say anything as even the most banal small talk can be used against you.

Also, do not have any personal property out in the open in your car. If a cop SEES something illegal in your car they can take action based on that without a search warrant. Otherwise you can refuse any search request. If they search your car anyway, even without seeing something illegal or smelling say pot, they are in violation of your rights. They need cause to do a search and a judge won't give them cart-blanche if no real cause can be shown. i.e. they find absolutely nothing. They do not have the authority to search any vehicle, or residence, they want. See the 4th amendment. Anything illegal they find via an illegal search like this can be thrown out.

Most people are not criminals and are usually cooperative and talk to the police. But you don't have to.

"You have the right to remain silent" grew out of a Supreme Court decision. Pity it doesn't apply on Planet Pajamas.
You don't understand the Constitution, much less the 5th Amendment. They apply on your pajama planet, boi toi.

The police can do their job without someone talking to them. If pulled over all someone has to say is "I am remaining silent unless an attorney is present".

At that point the police officer cannot continue any interrogation. What they should do is just say "I need your license and registration". Once they have it they write the ticket, tell the person why they were pulled over and hand them the ticket. They have completed their task.

This misconception so many people have that the police are god-like is false. It is also one of the reasons there are bad cops who DO view their authority as god-like. No person has to say anything as even the most banal small talk can be used against you.

Also, do not have any personal property out in the open in your car. If a cop SEES something illegal in your car they can take action based on that without a search warrant. Otherwise you can refuse any search request. If they search your car anyway, even without seeing something illegal or smelling say pot, they are in violation of your rights. They need cause to do a search and a judge won't give them cart-blanche if no real cause can be shown. i.e. they find absolutely nothing. They do not have the authority to search any vehicle, or residence, they want. See the 4th amendment. Anything illegal they find via an illegal search like this can be thrown out.

Most people are not criminals and are usually cooperative and talk to the police. But you don't have to.
Or the police can run them in for being a public nuisance. Not a thing the citizen can do about it.

Last edited:
Everyone has the right to remain silent.

Some have no ability to speak.

Apparently, on Planet Pajama, those people are confined to institutions.

Is it surprising to see Hillary's #1 famboi come down on the side of establishing a police state?

boi toi, the police have the right to run you in as a public nuisance if you do not cooperate lawfully.

If you have no law at all to cite in support of your "I don't have to talk to the officer who has pulled me over for speeding." Watch the judge require you to be in court to explain yourself.

Or the police can run them for being a public nuisance. Not a thing the citizen can do about it.

They can't. The Constitution trumps any local or state ordinance. If the person cooperates, like providing license and registration etc, they aren't impeding the police officer in their duty. The 5th amendment is king of the hill. Once you say "I am remaining silent unless an attorney is present" the cop should know immediately that all interrogation has to end immediately. There are no if, ands, or buts. Again, ANYTHING you say to a police officer can be used against you. If you apologize when a cop walks up to your window it can be construed as admitting guilt in court.

boi toi, the police have the right to run you in as a public nuisance if you do not cooperate lawfully.

If you have no law at all to cite in support of your "I don't have to talk to the officer who has pulled me over for speeding." Watch the judge require you to be in court to explain yourself.

Try Googling "Miranda Warming" and read it.

Or have an adult sound out the words.....

Wait, since you liberals always want others to do your work for you I'll, one time only, at no charge, provide a handy link.

What Are Your Miranda Rights?

Of course ANYONE has the right to remain silent.....if they can figure out how after their ass has been whipped. I look forward to your immediate response!

Try Googling "Miranda Warming" and read it.

Or have an adult sound out the words.....

Wait, since you liberals always want others to do your work for you I'll, one time only, at no charge, provide a handy link.

What Are Your Miranda Rights?

Of course ANYONE has the right to remain silent.....if they can figure out how after their ass has been whipped. I look forward to your immediate response!
Miranda is for criminal warnings, you understand that don't you? We are talking a civil stop, for speeding.

Imagine!

On Planet Pajama speeding is not a crime!

What a wonderful place that must be.......

A little unsafe, of course.....but wonderful nonetheless!

But do you confine those unable to speak to institutions? With bars? Barbed wire? I mean, since you feel that their silence cannot be permitted.....

Wow, it wasn't like the cops were asking her to fork over a million dollars and it also wasn't like they were asking her about something private when what she got pulled over for was put out there for everyone to see. Her choice to be silent only made the hole that she was already in get deeper and deeper.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
And now she is going to be climbing out of that hole with the pile of money they are going to fork over for violating her rights...
If she thinks that them doing what is their job violates her rights, she shouldn't have given them a reason to pull her over in the first place if her rights had really meant that much to her.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
That's a deflectionary ( yeah I made it up) diversion based on intellectual laziness on your part.
She did exactly what she was required to do, no more and no less.
Their job is not to violate the Rights of citizens, what part of that confuses you???

Committing a traffic violation is not tantamount to saying please disregard my Constitutional Rights...smh.
She handed over her license and registration, yes, but after doing that, she had zero intention of being anymore cooperative which is what got her busted and yes, maybe she didn't owe them anything else, but if you don't do what a cop tells you to do, what do you think is going to happen? If the way that she decided to deal with them was the way that she decided to deal with an armed intruder who was ordering her to fork over her money, what do you think would happen to her then?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. And that right there is just it. The cop was not asking for anything like her money, credit cards, or jewelry. He asked her to answer one simple question and she couldn't even do that. I am surprised that she actually even left the law approach her. My only question to her is what did she think that she would have lost if she had answered what was being asked of her?

Forum List

Back