NAACP considers resolution decrying racist elements in tea-party movement

The NAACP has every right to discuss the Tea Party and their views towards race

- Racist signage openly accepted at rallies
- Tea Party candidate Rand Paul openly opposing the civil rights act
- Tea party rhetoric and chants

If they think this organization is a threat to the treatment of blacks...they have every right to address it

I agree they do have every right, but they are not any better than the Tea Party. Their organization is based upon racist principles and does nothing whatsoever constructive towards ending racism.

You cannot end racism with racism.

Immie

Immie I pposted it becausse its what conhog said repeatedly.

You call mne a racist for telling people what he said, you were not so condeming of the guy who was calling black people ******* though....why?

Liar! Three times I have spoken out against him and asked him nicely not to do so. I would like to shove a sock down his throat so to speak, but obviously that will not work. Of course, you have proven that it won't work with you either. I am not a mod and have no right to request it, but I have done so three times.

Not only that, but a couple of those posts of yours that I linked were even before CONhog became a member here. So, it had nothing at all to do with him.

You were asked that in another thread and I believe you said the same thing and followed through with it... thank you.

Am I pushing my luck to ask that you refrain from using it in any thread? :lol:

Immie

Now... go ahead and keep spouting your lies.

I do wish you would quit using that word like it is second nature to you. I realize you have every right to prove that you are a racist, but that word is despicable even when used as you seem to like to use it.

Immie

Here is where Immie totally loses it and calls me a racist for telling people conhog is using it to insult black people, he is REAL nice to conhog though.

I have tried being polite with you for ten years.

If I am polite to CONHog about it in ten years then you have the right to whine. Until that time you are nothing more than a damned liar and never will be.

Immie

How quickly we forget history and why there needed to be a colored people group. They're still relevant. Why are white folks threatened that blacks have a civil rights group?

Because some of those groups preach, "kill the white man".

Who knows what the NAACP says behind closed doors?

I despise the KKK because of their history for the very reason that they too preached killing people who were different than they. Racism is wrong, period.

You cannot eliminate racism using racism.

As for RW and your comments about the treatment of black people during the fight for Civil Rights, I agree with both of you. The treatment was wrong and there is no excuse for it, but how long are we going to fight this battle.

Sooner or later we are going to have to come to grips with our past and get over it. Sooner or later one side... the black side... is going to have to realize that there is nothing I or people like me can do about the past and accept the fact that I despise that part of our past almost as much as they do.

I cannot change the past. All that I can do is work to improve the future.

Immie

Can we do a resolution against the REAL racism within the NAACP? The tea party stands for lower taxation, less government spending, less government and strengthen the economy. Not racism in the least.

The NAACP, the National Association for the Advancement of Color People is racist. Whites who support their cause can't join. Anyone can join the Tea Party, in which many Blacks and Latinos do. NAACP doesn't look to advance all Americans only Black Amercans, while the Tea Party seeks to advance all Americans. NAACP is a discriminatory organization. Its written into their bylaws; therefore, they a lot of nerve calling anyone racist!

The NAACP is made up of real American Patriots. They fought for REAL freedom and liberty

The Tea Baggers are pretenders

Real American Patriots? LOL, name one thing they have done? They have done more to hurt the Black community then the KKK! They set the Black community up as a needy community that can't stand on its own. T

American Patriots, since when is it patriotic to racial discriminate? Not patriotic at all!

Their people were ACTUALLY being denied their Constitutional rights, their people were being beaten and killed, their people were denied the right to vote and the right to go where they want. They were denied fair trials. All this makes the Tea Partys "I don't like paying taxes" and "He is making me buy health insurance" seem petty

When the NAACP held their protest rallies they were met with fire hoses, attack dogs and billy clubs. But it is the Tea Baggers who claim they are being mistreated by the evil government

The NAACP saved this country from a revolution. In the 50s and 60s black churches were being bombed with people inside, blacks were taken from their beds and lynched, all white juries acquitted anyone acused of a crime against blacks. There was open warfare being directed against blacks by white racists and white politicians.

Most of us would have responded to such vile treatment with violence. It was the NAACP that insisted on a non-violent response. It was the NAACP that insisted on calmness and use of the media and courts to address their grievances

The NAACP saved this country from a race war

How quickly we forget history and why there needed to be a colored people group. They're still relevant. Why are white folks threatened that blacks have a civil rights group?

I despise the KKK because of their history for the very reason that they too preached killing people who were different than they. Racism is wrong, period.

As for RW and your comments about the treatment of black people during the fight for Civil Rights, I agree with both of you. The treatment was wrong and there is no excuse for it, but how long are we going to fight this battle.

Sooner or later we are going to have to come to grips with our past and get over it. Sooner or later one side... the black side... is going to have to realize that there is nothing I or people like me can do about the past and accept the fact that I despise that part of our past almost as much as they do.

Immie

It is not up to you to decide when the NAACP is no longer needed. I am sure if you looked objectively at the plight of blacks in America vs that of the average Tea Bagger you would find the tea baggers don't have it that bad

So, someone saying they want to "kill cracker babies" is...what, exactly?

News Flash: If you're white,militant black nationalists want you dead, too. But they appreciate the support you give them before they kill you.

The NAACP is made up of real American Patriots. They fought for REAL freedom and liberty
But not for you, whitey.
The TEA Party is fighting for freedom and liberty for ALL Americans...not just some.

As an American...yes they did it for me too

The NAACP with its message of non-violent resistance prevented a race war and changed the country forever.

NAACP are REAL American Patriots who fought for Liberty

Tea Baggers are just pretenders

Immie

It is not up to you to decide when the NAACP is no longer needed. I am sure if you looked objectively at the plight of blacks in America vs that of the average Tea Bagger you would find the tea baggers don't have it that bad

Did I say it was up to me?

Problem is that the way things are going they will never get better. We're moving in the wrong direction.

Fighting racism with racism only breeds more racism.

Immie

Their people were ACTUALLY being denied their Constitutional rights, their people were being beaten and killed, their people were denied the right to vote and the right to go where they want. They were denied fair trials. All this makes the Tea Partys "I don't like paying taxes" and "He is making me buy health insurance" seem petty

When the NAACP held their protest rallies they were met with fire hoses, attack dogs and billy clubs. But it is the Tea Baggers who claim they are being mistreated by the evil government

The NAACP saved this country from a revolution. In the 50s and 60s black churches were being bombed with people inside, blacks were taken from their beds and lynched, all white juries acquitted anyone acused of a crime against blacks. There was open warfare being directed against blacks by white racists and white politicians.

Most of us would have responded to such vile treatment with violence. It was the NAACP that insisted on a non-violent response. It was the NAACP that insisted on calmness and use of the media and courts to address their grievances

Man your dense. It was MLK and the civil rights activists, to which many where white, that brought about change. The NAACP did dick! Heck MLK wouldn't even approve of the NAACP and its racial discriminatory tactics!

You deny the people who actually brought about change and you praise the ones (NAACP) that utilize the same tactic to which the civil rights activist fought against.

Man your dense. It was MLK and the civil rights activists, to which many where white, that brought about change. The NAACP did dick! Heck MLK wouldn't even approve of the NAACP and its racial discriminatory tactics!

You deny the people who actually brought about change and you praise the ones (NAACP) that utilize the same tactic to which the civil rights activist fought against.

Sorry to see that you missed out on the entire Civil Rights movement. MLK was a part of the NAACP, together they defined what the civil rights movement would be.

Believe it or not, the Right Wing Conservatives of the day considered the NAACP to be Communits, Race Baiters, Anarchists and anti-American

Sound familiar?

Fact is ....NAACP was and is a true American patriotic organization. They saw injustice, they saw Americans being denied their Constitutional rights, they saw organized government denying citizens their freedom

What did they do? They used the court of public opinion and the federal courts to peacefully protest their plight. The NAACP should be a model for the wannabe Patriot pretender Tea Baggers to follow

But not for you, whitey.
The TEA Party is fighting for freedom and liberty for ALL Americans...not just some.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S38VioxnBaI]YouTube - TEA PARTY RACISM: What The Media Won't Show You About Teabagger Racism[/ame]

Sky Dancer,

There is absolutely no proof that either one of those signs were being held/displayed by anyone associated with the Tea Party. That is what bugs me about these kinds of things. As disgusting as many of those signs are, we don't really know who was holding them up. Everyone of them may very well have been held by "conservative" people at a Tea Party event, but then, everyone of them could also have been held by people that despise the Tea Party and wants to make them look like... well, idiots.

Immie

But not for you, whitey.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S38VioxnBaI]YouTube - TEA PARTY RACISM: What The Media Won't Show You About Teabagger Racism[/ame]

Sky Dancer,

There is absolutely no proof that either one of those signs were being held/displayed by anyone associated with the Tea Party. That is what bugs me about these kinds of things. As disgusting as many of those signs are, we don't really know who was holding them up. Everyone of them may very well have been held by "conservative" people at a Tea Party event, but then, everyone of them could also have been held by people that despise the Tea Party and wants to make them look like... well, idiots.

Immie

The Tea Party right now is much more dillegent about the image they project and will expel those with obviously offensive signs.

Early in the movement the had an open door policy for any kook, birther, racist or anyone who had an Anti-Obama agenda. They paid a price for who they allowed to be called a Tea Party member

News Flash: If you're white,militant black nationalists want you dead, too. But they appreciate the support you give them before they kill you.

LOL

This angry black man nonsense has been used by white conservatives for 200+ years to spread fear in the electorate. Only republicans can keep you safe against the blackman

Glad to see it still lives within the daveman

Sky Dancer,

Immie

The Tea Party right now is much more dillegent about the image they project and will expel those with obviously offensive signs.

Early in the movement the had an open door policy for any kook, birther, racist or anyone who had an Anti-Obama agenda. They paid a price for who they allowed to be called a Tea Party member

And of course when you have a thousand tea party people holding signs and one asshole is holding a sign with the n word, where do you think the camera's pointed? And the next day the media projects the entire crowd as sharing in the same belief. The fucking pathetic, biased, slanted ass media is to blame for the FALSE image of the tea party as being racist. And the liberals, that were quick to discredit the movement, bought into the BS like the sheep they are.

But not for you, whitey.

Thank you for posting that. Even in a video purporting to demonstrate "teabagger racism", only about half of those were racist. Guess you couldn't find any more than that, huh?

But I'll play your game. If you think a handful of racist nuts represents the entire movement, then all leftists agree with this:
ShootOfficers3.gif

LOL

This angry black man nonsense has been used by white conservatives for 200+ years to spread fear in the electorate. Only republicans can keep you safe against the blackman

Glad to see it still lives within the daveman
"Only liberals can keep you safe from the evil KKKorporations."

It's funny how you pretend the left doesn't fear-monger.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, do you think the man who wants to kill white babies is just...kidding?

Sky Dancer,

Immie

Not exactly sure what you are trying to say here.

Maybe I was not completely clear. We don't even know that all (or any of) those signs were even displayed at a Tea Party event. I've never been to one, so I don't know what happens there, but I simply do not know that those signs were held at a Tea Party Event or that they were even held by a "conservative".

A picture may say a thousand words, but all of those words... may come from the fingers of Truthdoesn'tMatter for all we know.

Immie

Forum List

Back