NAACP endorses gay marriage

When does the NAACP speak out on all the violence in the black neighborhoods and cities like Detroit? Why doesn't Obama promote and talk about the benefits of a family like he has? What all these liberal black leaders actually doing in helping to promote a solid family structure? all the violence, all the kids killing kids, fatherless children, all the abortions, and this is what the NAACP chooses to comment on?...Pathetic:eusa_eh:
You might draw those conclusions by reading headlines because good news is rarely reported. Use of alcohol by black teens is a third less than 30 years ago; cigarette smoking is half, and both marijuana and cocaine use is down over 30%. Murder rates by blacks has fallen from 52/100,000 in 1992 to 30/100,000 in 2011.

The NAACP does speak out about violence in black neighborhoods and the plight of poor black families. They advocate legislation to help poor blacks. They give out millions of dollars in scholarships and fellowships, grants to promote health education, neighborhood improvements, and high school achievement awards.

:doubt: Yeah...ok come on up to Detroit. and you might want to post a link for those bogas numbers you have there

Nope. The picture shows a violation of civil rights. Defining marriage as a man and a woman violates no one's civil rights.

Except that once the courts ruled that same sex relations were not criminal, there was no real leg to stand on to deny same-sex marriage.

In fact, such laws are really on their last legs for the same reason Jim Crow was eventually struck down by the courts... because it's arbitrary.

The federal government doesn't define marriage, it is a state issue and there is already a law on the books called the “Defense of Marriage Act” although Obama and Holder choose not to defend it because they don't like it...This bunch is lawless

The Federal Government, however, does have the power to rule on whether state marriage laws are constitutional. Look up Loving v. Virginia.

Furthermore, the Full Faith and Credit Claus of the Constitution states that each state has to recognize the contracts and unions formed in other states. True, DOMA supposedly give them an out, but DOMA is as unconstutional as shit.

Uh, the Bible opposes homosexuality, of course that doesn't stop you idiot libs from making up stuff. ]

I didn't write this, but I think it applies pretty well here...

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your post, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.
•When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
•I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
•I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
•Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
•I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?
•A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?
•Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?
•Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?
•I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
•My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev.24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev.20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Spoken like a true ignoramus on Biblical Law.

1. Ceremonial Law was fulfilled in Christ- (the sacrificial lamb)
2.Moral Law too was fulfilled in the perfect life of Christ. Those who repent are saved and can stand before God justified in Christ
3.Civil Law belongs to the authority of nations and so long as it does not require a believer to sin against God, the believer is bound to it.

You can go on about how Jesus fulfilled the law, but the fact is, Jesus never really took any of these rules off the books. Some of the Apostles did later, but not Jesus.

True, they stopped enforcing most of them as Christianity spread and people weren't going along with the Weiner-chopping and the silly dietary rules.

And let's not forget, Slavery continued all the way up until 1865 in this country. If Jesus said put an end to slavery (he didn't), then a lot of folks missed the memo.

So...only black people join the NAACP?

Of course not, guilt ridden whites join the NAACP. The NAACP itself is concerned only with black people. National Association for the Advancement of Colored People doesn't mean LAVENDER. They don't speak Spanish, nor are they the home of Chinese engineers.
Although the NAACP is primary concerned with the black minority since it's the largest minority group, their statement of purpose is to improve the political, educational, social, and economic status of all minority groups. Various minority groups often share the same problems.

Wrong...

44.3 Million Hispanics are Largest USA Minority Group

44.3 million Hispanics largest USA minority group

Uh, civil unions give them that. Heck, even unmarried couples can set up legal arrangements to act like they're married in legal terms for assets, wills, etc. :eusa_whistle:

Gays just want to force others to accept their lifestyle by forcing others to accept gay marriage. It is a poke in the eye of Christian families where some gay couple can laugh at the Christian family when they're married just like them.:cuckoo:

Perhaps. Why does that bother you so much? Frankly, who are the Christians to insist the law has to conform with their beliefs.

The problem with civil unions is the same thing that is wrong with this..

jimcrowpic3.jpg

May we overcome this new "separate but equal" falsity.

Except that once the courts ruled that same sex relations were not criminal, there was no real leg to stand on to deny same-sex marriage.

In fact, such laws are really on their last legs for the same reason Jim Crow was eventually struck down by the courts... because it's arbitrary.

The federal government doesn't define marriage, it is a state issue and there is already a law on the books called the “Defense of Marriage Act” although Obama and Holder choose not to defend it because they don't like it...This bunch is lawless

The Federal Government, however, does have the power to rule on whether state marriage laws are constitutional. Look up Loving v. Virginia.

Furthermore, the Full Faith and Credit Claus of the Constitution states that each state has to recognize the contracts and unions formed in other states. True, DOMA supposedly give them an out, but DOMA is as unconstutional as shit.

Really? when did that ruling come down?

I didn't write this, but I think it applies pretty well here...

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your post, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.
•When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
•I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
•I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
•Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
•I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?
•A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?
•Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?
•Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?
•I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
•My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev.24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev.20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Spoken like a true ignoramus on Biblical Law.

1. Ceremonial Law was fulfilled in Christ- (the sacrificial lamb)
2.Moral Law too was fulfilled in the perfect life of Christ. Those who repent are saved and can stand before God justified in Christ
3.Civil Law belongs to the authority of nations and so long as it does not require a believer to sin against God, the believer is bound to it.

You can go on about how Jesus fulfilled the law, but the fact is, Jesus never really took any of these rules off the books. Some of the Apostles did later, but not Jesus.

True, they stopped enforcing most of them as Christianity spread and people weren't going along with the Weiner-chopping and the silly dietary rules.

And let's not forget, Slavery continued all the way up until 1865 in this country. If Jesus said put an end to slavery (he didn't), then a lot of folks missed the memo.

The Apostles were appointed and anointed by Christ to carry out His Word. Christ instituted the Church of which the apostles were placed over. That you do not understand even the most banal of ceremonial laws i.e. circumcision, as being a sign and seal of belonging to God, proves you're ignorant on the issue entirely.

Slavery was a civil reality of mans- Christ neither praised it nor despaired against it. In addition slavery in the ancient world was not like the slavery practiced by western civilization of our recent past.

It’s not about religion for me, but in Jewish law there is nothing said about women lying with women. Homosexual acts are only forbidden for men… I'm cool with that:D

Um, no we didn't.
Actually, yes, we did. Don't run around with a black or two or an Indian or three out of tens of thousands of white American officials, pretend that this proves it is not an "all white" government. The exceptions prove the truth.
First of all, the nation has not existed for 300 years. Second, just what does "all white" mean to you?

Not 300 years. 400 years of British, colonial, and American governments. The exceptions prove the rule, and the term is quite clear, Unkotare.

I know... It's God's call... And the Book is Consistent.

Don't like it, don't go to that Church. :thup:

:)

peace...

By your hypocritical 'standard' there would be very, very few Christians in the world at all. You need to get ahold of yourself.

Nope... Expecting the Church to Embrace a Sin and give it Status in the Church in Marriage or even to say that it's OK and not the Sin and Abomatation that it's Consistently referred to as is Absurd.

The Church expects people to Acknowledge their Sins and try to NOT Engage in them.

Homosexuals want the Church to Embrace thier Sin.

They should find another Church. :thup:

:)

peace...
The pleasure of sexual intercourse between married couple is widely excepted by most religions but not always. Matrimonial intercourse solely for the procreation of children remained permissible, though even this was a sin as was sex during pregnancy or after childbearing age. Sins of the fathers were passed down to the children. Dancing, gambling, and drinking was a sin. Even selling a dog was sin, Deuteronomy 23:18. Whenever society accepts or excuses a sinful behavior, religious leaders start looking for interpretations that show the behavior is not really a sin. Alcoholism became a disease and was no longer a sin. Gluttony was glandular problem or was genetic. Homosexuality will eventually be accepted as a condition that people are born with.

When does the NAACP speak out on all the violence in the black neighborhoods and cities like Detroit? Why doesn't Obama promote and talk about the benefits of a family like he has? What all these liberal black leaders actually doing in helping to promote a solid family structure? all the violence, all the kids killing kids, fatherless children, all the abortions, and this is what the NAACP chooses to comment on?...Pathetic:eusa_eh:
You might draw those conclusions by reading headlines because good news is rarely reported. Use of alcohol by black teens is a third less than 30 years ago; cigarette smoking is half, and both marijuana and cocaine use is down over 30%. Murder rates by blacks has fallen from 52/100,000 in 1992 to 30/100,000 in 2011.

The NAACP does speak out about violence in black neighborhoods and the plight of poor black families. They advocate legislation to help poor blacks. They give out millions of dollars in scholarships and fellowships, grants to promote health education, neighborhood improvements, and high school achievement awards.

:doubt: Yeah...ok come on up to Detroit. and you might want to post a link for those bogas numbers you have there

Do all blacks live in the inner city? Are the majority of blacks poor?

Do all blacks live in the inner city? Are the majority of blacks poor?

No but that's where the problems are, and these so-called civil rights leaders could care less if it doesn't advance their political ideology. That’s where I'm from, maybe you have no concept if you were raised in a good family structure

I thought that like 80 percent of blacks were against gay marriage? Just shows that the NCAAP doesn't represent the interests of blacks. Of course, we already knew that.

Uh, civil unions give them that. Heck, even unmarried couples can set up legal arrangements to act like they're married in legal terms for assets, wills, etc. :eusa_whistle:

Gays just want to force others to accept their lifestyle by forcing others to accept gay marriage. It is a poke in the eye of Christian families where some gay couple can laugh at the Christian family when they're married just like them.:cuckoo:

Perhaps. Why does that bother you so much? Frankly, who are the Christians to insist the law has to conform with their beliefs.

The problem with civil unions is the same thing that is wrong with this..

jimcrowpic3.jpg

May we overcome this new "separate but equal" falsity.

It's not a falsity at all.

Jim Crow argued the water fountain was almost as nice for the colored people as it was for the white folks, and it still dispensed water, so what were they so upset about. We're giving you the water...

Civil unions... almost as nice as straight marriage, you get most of the same protections marriage gives you... It's "Separate" yet "equal".

Forum List

Back