NAACP endorses gay marriage

May we overcome this new "separate but equal" falsity.

It's not a falsity at all.

Jim Crow argued the water fountain was almost as nice for the colored people as it was for the white folks, and it still dispensed water, so what were they so upset about. We're giving you the water...

Civil unions... almost as nice as straight marriage, you get most of the same protections marriage gives you... It's "Separate" yet "equal".

I remember as a kid in the late 50s living in the deep south the neighbors calling my father "****** lover" for demanding that blacks could take the SAT.
And I saw the red necks by the fence when we took the field with the first integrated team I played on in 1967. They were spitting on the black players we had. They wanted them to not be able to dress in the locker room where we were playing on the road that week. They would not shake their hands when one of our captains was a black that came out to call the coin toss.
But when they lined up against us and had to face the Black Wall defense we had-only 3 blacks but we were black uniforms, they knew that we WERE seperate but NOT equal.
We kicked their ass. I actually felt bad for their QB as we beat him to a pulp that day.
Interesting enough we had very few problems that year with opposing white players.
It is always those NOT in the trenches that cry like 5 year olds.

Blacks being equal and gays being equal=same thing. Good for the NAACP.
There are many gay and lesbian black folk.
Even us red necks can figure this one out.

Gays are Equal... They are not Suffering ANYTHING Resembling what Blacks have and continue to today regarding Racism...

Ironically, Blacks are FAR more Likely to be Homophobic and Abusive of Gays than Whites...

The FBI Stats Illustrate it...

The Collective Black Church Response to Barry's "Evolution" on Gay Marriage does also.

As for the Struggle...

Denying a Black Man and White Woman Marriage Defied Nature and it's Design.

Deny Same Sex Couples Marriage does NOT.

Deal with Reality.

Civil Unions are the Answer.

:)

peace...

Any opposite sex persons can marry and enjoy all the benefits of marriage- regardless of race; sexual orientation; religious beliefs; or age

No separation for anyone. What homosexuals want are new special rights. They need to at least be honest about that which they are demanding. They are actually demanding a separate water fountain be created just for them.

Gender discrimination.

With regards to marriage there is no gender discrimination either- both men and women can marry.

That "argument" was tried already...and failed. People tried to make that same exact argument when fighting to keep interracial marriage bans in place. You know how that turned out. This will be the same.

Gender discrimination.

With regards to marriage there is no gender discrimination either- both men and women can marry.

With regards to marriage there is no racial discrimination either-both blacks and whites can marry.

When one chooses to discriminate it is amazing the catchy feel good phrases one can cook up.

? If you are referring to laws that prevented blacks and whites of opposite sex from marrying- that was racial discrimination and it was corrected.

Gender discrimination.

That "argument" was tried already...and failed. People tried to make that same exact argument when fighting to keep interracial marriage bans in place. You know how that turned out. This will be the same.

I know how that turned out in front of the 9th (liberal) circuit. A bad ruling is not equal to actual logic.

With regards to marriage there is no racial discrimination either-both blacks and whites can marry.

When one chooses to discriminate it is amazing the catchy feel good phrases one can cook up.

? If you are referring to laws that prevented blacks and whites of opposite sex from marrying- that was racial discrimination and it was corrected.

As discrimination against universal marriage will be corrected.

Last edited:
Gender discrimination.

A Black Man and a White Woman can Reflect Marriage Naturally...

Denying them this Natural Right was Wrong and Reversed for Obvious Reasons.

Homosexual Coupling is not Equal to this.

Homosexual Coupling can not and has not and will not EVER Produce Life.

The Possibility only Exists with those who don't Defy their Natural Design and Equipment.

End of List.

peace...

It's not a falsity at all.

Jim Crow argued the water fountain was almost as nice for the colored people as it was for the white folks, and it still dispensed water, so what were they so upset about. We're giving you the water...

Civil unions... almost as nice as straight marriage, you get most of the same protections marriage gives you... It's "Separate" yet "equal".

I remember as a kid in the late 50s living in the deep south the neighbors calling my father "****** lover" for demanding that blacks could take the SAT.
And I saw the red necks by the fence when we took the field with the first integrated team I played on in 1967. They were spitting on the black players we had. They wanted them to not be able to dress in the locker room where we were playing on the road that week. They would not shake their hands when one of our captains was a black that came out to call the coin toss.
But when they lined up against us and had to face the Black Wall defense we had-only 3 blacks but we were black uniforms, they knew that we WERE seperate but NOT equal.
We kicked their ass. I actually felt bad for their QB as we beat him to a pulp that day.
Interesting enough we had very few problems that year with opposing white players.

Gays are Equal... They are not Suffering ANYTHING Resembling what Blacks have and continue to today regarding Racism...

Ironically, Blacks are FAR more Likely to be Homophobic and Abusive of Gays than Whites...

The Collective Black Church Response to Barry's "Evolution" on Gay Marriage does also.

As for the Struggle...

Deal with Reality.

peace...

So since Christians have not suffered as much as Jews have in the last 80 years Christians should shut the fuck up and not say a word about getting killed in Muslim countries now.
Got it.

Gay marriage = NON ISSUE.

Where does gay marriage fit on the priority list of issues Americans face daily?

537th or 538th?

Does anyone really give a shit if 2 people that are committed to and love each other get married?
Laughable. Amazing how many mother hens and busy bodies there are in America.
"Ethel, did you know that rassler Big Show has a new tatoo?"

As for the Struggle...

Deal with Reality.

peace...

So since Christians have not suffered as much as Jews have in the last 80 years Christians should shut the fuck up and not say a word about getting killed in Muslim countries now.
Got it.

Idiot.

Speaking of Muslim Countries... How the Gay doing over there?...

They are pretty Tolerant, aren't they?...

The only thing being Denied Gays is the Ability to call Same Sex Coupling Marriage...

Because it isn't.

Civil Unions would Solve ALL of the Problems except Validation.

peace...

I love the "Nature's Design" "argument"!!!

You do?... Because it's Fact?

Every single "Homosexual" is Designed and Equipped to Couple with the Opposite Sex.

Fact.

They are Free not to, but they are not Free to make Law saying that Homosexual Coupling and Heterosexual Coupling are Equal, because Naturally they are not.

One Creates Life and one does not.

peace...

The idea that there is some sort of "universal marriage right" is preposterous. At that stage the entire ideas that formed and bonded marriage is done away with- It just becomes more of "whatever makes you feel good" hedonism.

The idea that there is some sort of "universal marriage right" is preposterous. At that stage the entire ideas that formed and bonded marriage is done away with- It just becomes more of "whatever makes you feel good" hedonism.

Guess what "formed and bonded" marriages for thousands of years?
CULTURE.
Same sex marriages date back to China and Roman Emperors had them, most notably Nero. Spanish culture accepted it in the 1600s.

Gay marriage= NON ISSUE.
Time for Americans to get out of other folks' business.
How would gay marriage affect your life?
Specifics please.

Every single "Homosexual" is Designed and Equipped to Couple with the Opposite Sex.

Fact.

They are Free not to, but they are not Free to make Law saying that Homosexual Coupling and Heterosexual Coupling are Equal, because Naturally they are not.

peace...

So you have to "create life" to love and be committed to someone.
:lol::lol::lol:

Fact.

peace...

So you have to "create life" to love and be committed to someone.
:lol::lol::lol:

Nope... You don't need anything to love and be committed to someone, do you?...

peace...

Gays may have fastest of all civil rights movements - latimes.com

y Mark Z. Barabak, Los Angeles Times
May 20, 2012, 8:00 p.m.
SAN FRANCISCO — In 1958, the Gallup Poll asked Americans whether they approved or disapproved of marriage between blacks and whites. The response was overwhelming: 94% were opposed, a sentiment that held for decades. It took nearly 40 years until a majority of those surveyed said marriage between people of different skin colors was acceptable.

By contrast, attitudes toward gays and lesbians have changed so much in just the last 10 years that, as Gallup reported last week, "half or more now agree that being gay is morally acceptable, that gay relations ought to be legal and that gay or lesbian couples should have the right to legally marry." (In 1996, when Gallup first asked about legalizing same-sex marriage, 68% of Americans were opposed.)

Politically, President Obama felt it safe enough recently to abandon his studied ambiguity and endorse same-sex marriage amid a tough reelection campaign. Days later, a top Republican pollster, Jan van Lohuizen, issued a warning to his party, suggesting opponents were on the wrong side of the issue. Support has grown, he wrote in a strategy memo, "at an accelerated rate with no sign of slowing down."

If, as the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. once said, the arc of the moral universe is long but bends toward justice, then it's arguably moving faster and bending quicker in the direction of gay rights than any civil rights movement before.

That is not to say that gays and lesbians enjoy a full measure of equality, or complete legal protection. Same-sex marriage is forbidden in the vast majority of states and, in many, gays and lesbians lack the protections against job and housing discrimination afforded women, Latinos and African Americans.

It is not a question of "universal marriage"....it is a question of our government offering CIVIL marriage to one group of law-abiding tax-paying consenting adult citizens...and denying CIVIL marriage to another group of law-abiding, tax-paying consenting adult citizens based on..........what exactly?

It is not a question of "universal marriage"....it is a question of our government offering CIVIL marriage to one group of law-abiding tax-paying consenting adult citizens...and denying CIVIL marriage to another group of law-abiding, tax-paying consenting adult citizens based on..........what exactly?

Yes, I'd like to hear the answer to that, too.

Forum List

Back