🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Nanny staters used bad science to justify smoking bans

Honestly I don't want to breath anyone else's smoke its rude as fuck like someone with shit breath breathing directly in your face, but this isn't any of the governments concern where private business are the target. ,

Some of us are old enough to recall the decades of the tobacco industry's "science".

Nobody is claiming smoking isn't bad for the smoker, but for others smelling bad isn't valid reason to ban it or do the rest of us get to ban things we hate?

Nobody is claiming smoking isn't bad for the smoker, but for others smelling bad isn't valid reason to ban it or do the rest of us get to ban things we hate?
Avoid businesses that have bans and allow the markets to sort it out, you know, "conservative" style.

As it should be. They can see where their bottom line ends. People that want to smoke have a place to go as well as those that wish to be smoke free, can frequent those establishments.
Avoid businesses that have bans and allow the markets to sort it out, you know, "conservative" style.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Nah, quit a long time ago.
As it should be. They can see where their bottom line ends.
Gotta light?

Why should everyone else have to suffer when we are not the ones who are creating the problem in the first place? Its not like not allowing the act of smoking is going to kill those who are guilty of the action. If anything, it would only do them and their health a favor. Smoking causes cancer and so banning it in any way can only help, especially those who don't want anything to do with the life threatening habit.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Agreed. A business should decide if it wants smokers or not and suffer the consequences. I put up no smoking signs in a big city laundromat I had years ago after some customers complained that they took home clothes smelling like smoke. Didn't lose any business according to my deposits at bank. The smoking customers just went out in the outdoor overhang and smoked. Silliest thing I ever saw was no smoking in bars where almost everyone smokes anyway.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
It should be left up to each individual business. Let the free market decide if allowing smoking in these establishments is good for their bottom line or not.

It is offensive. Do I believe establishments should be able to choose which way they want to go? Yes. And that removes no ones rights. But non smokers can choosing a non smoking establishment, if they wish.

While I prefer to go to places that are smoke free, I absolutely oppose government imposed smoking bans. This is a private decision that should be made by individual businesses in a free market economy. As usual, too many politicians think it's their job to run your life for you.

Why should everyone else have to suffer when we are not the ones who are creating the problem in the first place? Its not like not allowing the act of smoking is going to kill those who are guilty of the action. If anything, it would only do them and their health a favor. Smoking causes cancer and so banning it in any way can only help, especially those who don't want anything to do with the life threatening habit.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
So do we ban certain sex practices due to the increase risked of certain cancers? Do we ban buffets? Ban processed foods? Do we ban people from sunbathing?

^^^ What I am speaking of are things that can be rubbed off on to other people who don't want anything to do with them things. I don't believe that buffets, processed foods, and sun bathing can fall into such a category.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

As an asthmatic, I get asthma attacks being around people smoking cigarettes. You're full of shit. Go outside and smoke.

Forum List

Back