Narrative Fail: 15 Days After Lockdown Ease, Georgia Sees Lowest Day Of COVID Hospitalizations

Here's another nail in the shutdown coffin. I predict this shutdown will last only a few more weeks.

In late April Dr. Tony Fauci made it clear he opposed the decision by Georgia Governor Brian Kemp to lift the lockdown orders in his state. “If I were advising the governor, I would tell him he should be careful. Going ahead and leapfrogging into phases where you should not be … I would advise him not to do that.”​
But Dr. Fauci was wrong again. In fact, it starting to look like this guy is NEVER right about anything? It must be nice having a government job and not have to worry about getting fired!​
Fauci and the critics were all wrong. Today Georgia Governor Brian Kemp announced on Saturday the lowest number of COVID-19 positive patients currently hospitalized statewide (1,203) since hospitals began reporting this data on April 8th and the lowest total of ventilators in use.​
Today marks the lowest number of COVID-19 positive patients currently hospitalized statewide (1,203) since hospitals began reporting this data on April 8th.​
Today also marks the lowest total of ventilators in use (897 with 1,945 available).​
Not so fast it takes at least 3 weeks for new cases to show
Average incubation period is 5 days. IF it was going to spike we would have seen it already after 12 days.
Assuming everyone catches it on day 1
After 12 days, you would have seen a spike. It did not occur in most regions. Only in tightly compacted cities did we have rises and they will have to open more slowly to avoid system overload. Most rural cites using basic social distancing and masking in close quarters is doing the job.

Here's another nail in the shutdown coffin. I predict this shutdown will last only a few more weeks.

In late April Dr. Tony Fauci made it clear he opposed the decision by Georgia Governor Brian Kemp to lift the lockdown orders in his state. “If I were advising the governor, I would tell him he should be careful. Going ahead and leapfrogging into phases where you should not be … I would advise him not to do that.”​
But Dr. Fauci was wrong again. In fact, it starting to look like this guy is NEVER right about anything? It must be nice having a government job and not have to worry about getting fired!​
Fauci and the critics were all wrong. Today Georgia Governor Brian Kemp announced on Saturday the lowest number of COVID-19 positive patients currently hospitalized statewide (1,203) since hospitals began reporting this data on April 8th and the lowest total of ventilators in use.​
Today marks the lowest number of COVID-19 positive patients currently hospitalized statewide (1,203) since hospitals began reporting this data on April 8th.​
Today also marks the lowest total of ventilators in use (897 with 1,945 available).​

The only reason this is happening is because businesses aren't really re-opening and customers aren't "getting back to normal". In the absence of public policy on how to safely proceed, people are staying home.

My son's company never closed, but they got advice on how to keep their workers safe, and they gave staff a choice about working. Those who chose to stay home were given immediately paperwork to collect unemployment insurance and laid off. Those who chose to work wear face masks, have their own personal equipment, which is deep cleaned daily, and social distancing is rigidly enforced. My son said they're real Nazis about it. In a company of 3200 employees, they haven't had a single case of covid. They have converted their electronics manufacturing from amplifiers and speakers, to making motherboards for ventilators. They have closed their stores and gone to curbside pickup or online sales. They are currently at 70% of pre-covid sales.

Covid is not going away, and companies have a choice - evolve or die. What they cannot do and survive, is to endanger the lives of their workers. The union movement in the USA grew out of the callous disregard for workers safety during the industrial revolution. When hundreds of workers started dying in factory fires, Americans revolted and demanded safe working conditions.

Trump is trying to force workers back to work while a pandemic rages, while doing NOTHING to protect those workers, and worse, REMOVING THE WORKER'S RIGHT TO REFUSE UNSAFE WORKING CONDITIONS, AND THE RIGHT TO SUE THEIR EMPLOYERS SHOULD THEY GET SICK AS A RESULT.

Protect the employers at the cost of lives. No protections for workers. This is BULLSHIT.
ROFL! Companies aren't responsible if you catch the flu, so why should they be responsible if you catch COVID? YouTDS morons are using COVID as an excuse to implement your entire agenda.

People under 70 have little chance of dying from COVID. Most don't even know they have it. Older people can isolate themselves. There is simply no rational justification for keeping people from going to work.
Wrong again. We are talking about Fauci being wrong like you posted. Everyone I know wants to go back to work. I’m bored like hell. My employees are 75% back to work. If an employee catch a flu doesn’t mean they are going to die. If you catch the CV-19 Virus you may or may not get real sick but you might infect others. B. This is a virus if they catch this virus in my company most likely I will get sued but that is the chance I have to take. I’m in the medical instruments business I am not allowed to shut down.
The flu is just as deadly as COVID, so yes, in the sense you mean it, they are going to die.
After 5 months from January your brain still locked to flu vs CV-19 because of your ignorance. These 2 are totally different kinds of virus Dude. Why don’t you watch other channels instead of keep watching Fox News or gatewaypundit you might learn something new.

Wrong. Fauci is right.

Number of new cases on May 9th: 419
Number of new cases on May 10th: 886

View attachment 334712
Over all numbers will go hgher as more and more testing is done. The real metric of this disease are the numbers of new hosptializations and those have not climbed. So the majority of those being affected are those that have little or no symptoms when they get this disease.

So Fauci is wrong saying the number of cases will go up and then you admit the number of cases will go up?

Am I understanding this right?

You can have your own factors on whether you think things are getting worse but that doesn't make Fauci wrong.
This is a virus! it will infect everyone at some point. The metrics of what its doing to our cities and medical systems is in the number of people requiring them, most do not. Fauci is wrong on what the most important metric is.
Well Billy why don’t you show us where Fauci is wrong? Or show us what metric you use???
Testing will only show the number of cases that have occurred.

Those needing hospitalization and ALS support is the metric the CDC uses to determine where we are at. At what rate are these cases occurring?

That is where you folks get it wrong. if you have 30 million cases and only 1,000 need hospital support you can determine the rate of infections and know what you need for beds and medical support staff. As we test more and more people the death rate will decrease and the needed hospital intervention needs will be easier to calculate. We had no idea when this thing started what it was we needed.

Fauci is looking at worst case scenarios and that is unrealistic.

That’s your opinion. You have not prove that Fauci is wrong. And I asked what metric do you used??? How did you get 30,000 cases and 1,000 need hospitals???

There are lots of cases that never get tested but end up in the hospitals and died of the CV-19.

I think the opposite has proven to happen.
The hospitals are complaining they now are half empty and having to lay off staff.

{...
255 hospitals furloughing workers in response to COVID-19
Alia Paavola - Tuesday, April 7th, 2020
...}

I encourage you to show your support for your Orange Lard & Master by seeking out and hanging with large crowds....no masks...no washing of hands.

The only reason this is happening is because businesses aren't really re-opening and customers aren't "getting back to normal". In the absence of public policy on how to safely proceed, people are staying home.

My son's company never closed, but they got advice on how to keep their workers safe, and they gave staff a choice about working. Those who chose to stay home were given immediately paperwork to collect unemployment insurance and laid off. Those who chose to work wear face masks, have their own personal equipment, which is deep cleaned daily, and social distancing is rigidly enforced. My son said they're real Nazis about it. In a company of 3200 employees, they haven't had a single case of covid. They have converted their electronics manufacturing from amplifiers and speakers, to making motherboards for ventilators. They have closed their stores and gone to curbside pickup or online sales. They are currently at 70% of pre-covid sales.

Covid is not going away, and companies have a choice - evolve or die. What they cannot do and survive, is to endanger the lives of their workers. The union movement in the USA grew out of the callous disregard for workers safety during the industrial revolution. When hundreds of workers started dying in factory fires, Americans revolted and demanded safe working conditions.

Trump is trying to force workers back to work while a pandemic rages, while doing NOTHING to protect those workers, and worse, REMOVING THE WORKER'S RIGHT TO REFUSE UNSAFE WORKING CONDITIONS, AND THE RIGHT TO SUE THEIR EMPLOYERS SHOULD THEY GET SICK AS A RESULT.

Protect the employers at the cost of lives. No protections for workers. This is BULLSHIT.
ROFL! Companies aren't responsible if you catch the flu, so why should they be responsible if you catch COVID? YouTDS morons are using COVID as an excuse to implement your entire agenda.

People under 70 have little chance of dying from COVID. Most don't even know they have it. Older people can isolate themselves. There is simply no rational justification for keeping people from going to work.
Wrong again. We are talking about Fauci being wrong like you posted. Everyone I know wants to go back to work. I’m bored like hell. My employees are 75% back to work. If an employee catch a flu doesn’t mean they are going to die. If you catch the CV-19 Virus you may or may not get real sick but you might infect others. B. This is a virus if they catch this virus in my company most likely I will get sued but that is the chance I have to take. I’m in the medical instruments business I am not allowed to shut down.
The flu is just as deadly as COVID, so yes, in the sense you mean it, they are going to die.
After 5 months from January your brain still locked to flu vs CV-19 because of your ignorance. These 2 are totally different kinds of virus Dude. Why don’t you watch other channels instead of keep watching Fox News or gatewaypundit you might learn something new.
He need to engage in large groups, sans mask.

Average incubation period is 5 days. IF it was going to spike we would have seen it already after 12 days.
After 12 days, you would have seen a spike. It did not occur in most regions. Only in tightly compacted cities did we have rises and they will have to open more slowly to avoid system overload. Most rural cites using basic social distancing and masking in close quarters is doing the job.
The moment trump moves to reopen the deaths double

No actually flu and COVID are nearly identical.
Flu is more infectious but slightly less deadly, but that is due to our previous immunity.
When flu hit the first time, it was more deadly then COVID.
The reason flu passes quickly and COVID is haning on longer, is we goofed with the lock down, that makes it last longer.
We should have learned from the 1918 Spanish flu.
That was our first lock down, and it made Spanish flu drag out for 3 years, killing many more than it should have.

Wrong. Fauci is right.

View attachment 334712
Over all numbers will go hgher as more and more testing is done. The real metric of this disease are the numbers of new hosptializations and those have not climbed. So the majority of those being affected are those that have little or no symptoms when they get this disease.
Health professions in Ga are already building temporary hospitals to handle the surge they are expecting
LOL

They began expanding their capacity months ago. They understand that it will spike the cases to a certain level but as the population becomes immune to it the rate of infections will drop and the needs will also drop. Absent a vaccine there is only one way to beat a pathogen, its called herd immunity. Staying at home prolongs this process but you will still become infected. Its time to stop hiding from this virus and beat it. With 98% of the populace not having a problem with getting this virus and becoming immune we can protect those who are most at risk and still get on with life.
Not one shred of evidence exists proving herd immunity is a viable concept for this kind of virus.
Not one shred of evidence exists proving the shutdown is a viable concept for this kind of virus.

Herd immunity, on the other hand, is a well established concept supported by centuries of empirical data.
You are 100% wrong and the exact opposite of your claims are fact. Empirical data accurately proves shutdowns and lockdowns work and if herd immunity for Corona viruses worked no one would ever get common colds, which are caused by a coronavirus. The reason is known to science. Some viruses, Coronaviruses included, are able to change and adapt.
Really? How does it prove that?

You're understanding is obviously wrong because herd immunity requires that a certain people contract the virus. I don't know how colds work, but we have flu every year or two because a new strain comes out every year or two. I believe the as me thing happens with colds, but they are much less serious so no one panics about it.
We fight yearly flu with vaccines. You are comfortable with giving all this life or death advice and opinions on COVID-19 and pandemics yet freely admit you know nothing abour the common cold. You even think the flu comes "every year or two"(your words).
People like you or anyone else with little medical knowledge should shut up and stop fantasizing about being scholarly and of high ranging intelligence. You are giving dangerous and poor advice and opinions. Think about it, you are advising on Coronavirus and admitting you know nothing about the common cold.

We fight yearly flu not very well, just FYI. Flu vaccines are far from 100% effective, even when the medical experts guess right about which strain of the flu will be dominant that season. In the years where they guess wrong, flu vaccines are as effective as just shooting people with distilled water.

You are comfortable talking about the wonders of lockdowns and how they "work" without telling us what "lockdowns working" actually means, and without telling us what purpose they actually serve if no vaccine is possible. You are sitting back and criticizing and complaining about how everyone else's plans and suggestions are impossible and dangerous, without offering anything solid yourself.
I rely on what medical experts say and promote. For some odd reason, I have more trust in them than politicians and partisan hacks. So, if doctors tell me not to do something and some politician tells me not to listen to the doctors, I will probably ignore the politicians.

All of the doctors that I know just aren't concerned. Theyre more concerned about having a job.
I know a guy who's an emergency room physician. His employer reduced his hours and they aren't going to renew his contract.

I hear you. My mom is an nurse in the OR. They've been on call without work for 7 weeks now.

A short spike killer fewer than a long, low, duration.
That is because the vulnerable can be more easily protected for a short period of time, but not for a long time because then we have to break quarantine in order to supply food.

The number o

Wrong. Fauci is right.

View attachment 334712

So Fauci is wrong saying the number of cases will go up and then you admit the number of cases will go up?

You can have your own factors on whether you think things are getting worse but that doesn't make Fauci wrong.
This is a virus! it will infect everyone at some point. The metrics of what its doing to our cities and medical systems is in the number of people requiring them, most do not. Fauci is wrong on what the most important metric is.
Well Billy why don’t you show us where Fauci is wrong? Or show us what metric you use???

Those needing hospitalization and ALS support is the metric the CDC uses to determine where we are at. At what rate are these cases occurring?

That is where you folks get it wrong. if you have 30 million cases and only 1,000 need hospital support you can determine the rate of infections and know what you need for beds and medical support staff. As we test more and more people the death rate will decrease and the needed hospital intervention needs will be easier to calculate. We had no idea when this thing started what it was we needed.

That’s your opinion. You have not prove that Fauci is wrong. And I asked what metric do you used??? How did you get 30,000 cases and 1,000 need hospitals???

There are lots of cases that never get tested but end up in the hospitals and died of the CV-19.
Each region is different.

NY has a 2500 bed need for every 10,000 confirmed cases.
WY has a 15 bed need for each 10,000 confirmed cases.

Go to the CDC web site and look at the data on each state. They use Infection rates vs. needing intervention along with length of stay.
The number of deaths and cases in NY doesn’t support your opinion.

Let me repeat again. You have not proven that Fauci is wrong. What metric do you use to support your opinion?

Flu is more infectious but slightly less deadly, but that is due to our previous immunity.
The reason flu passes quickly and COVID is haning on longer, is we goofed with the lock down, that makes it last longer.
That was our first lock down, and it made Spanish flu drag out for 3 years, killing many more than it should have.
Actually covid is way more infectious than the flu and way less deadly as only seriously I'll are being tested

Dr. Fauci is not wrong. Georgia just opened so give it a chance. South Korea had been closed and had very good results. Now they have opened and the virus has spiked.
Which is going to happen no matter how long you keep people locked inside.

The virus is not going away so whenever people start going out again there will be new cases.

The only way the virus can go away is through herd immunity, which locks downs prevent.
Could you kindly provide a link for a reputable medical institute that has published evidence of COVID-19 being a herd immunity virus?

That is foolish because of course it is never possible to prove a negative.
But everyone should already know that there is not a single pathogen EVER, that did not convey herd immunity.
Not a single one in the history of the whole planet.
Anyone who claims a pathogen does not convey herd immunity is a liar.
Why do we bother with vaccines or cures?

You bother with vaccines because they provide herd immunity with less risk and no discomfort.

But there are no cures for viruses really.

Wrong. Fauci is right.

View attachment 334712
Health professions in Ga are already building temporary hospitals to handle the surge they are expecting
LOL

They began expanding their capacity months ago. They understand that it will spike the cases to a certain level but as the population becomes immune to it the rate of infections will drop and the needs will also drop. Absent a vaccine there is only one way to beat a pathogen, its called herd immunity. Staying at home prolongs this process but you will still become infected. Its time to stop hiding from this virus and beat it. With 98% of the populace not having a problem with getting this virus and becoming immune we can protect those who are most at risk and still get on with life.
Not one shred of evidence exists proving herd immunity is a viable concept for this kind of virus.
Not one shred of evidence exists proving the shutdown is a viable concept for this kind of virus.

Herd immunity, on the other hand, is a well established concept supported by centuries of empirical data.
You are 100% wrong and the exact opposite of your claims are fact. Empirical data accurately proves shutdowns and lockdowns work and if herd immunity for Corona viruses worked no one would ever get common colds, which are caused by a coronavirus. The reason is known to science. Some viruses, Coronaviruses included, are able to change and adapt.

You're understanding is obviously wrong because herd immunity requires that a certain people contract the virus. I don't know how colds work, but we have flu every year or two because a new strain comes out every year or two. I believe the as me thing happens with colds, but they are much less serious so no one panics about it.
We fight yearly flu with vaccines. You are comfortable with giving all this life or death advice and opinions on COVID-19 and pandemics yet freely admit you know nothing abour the common cold. You even think the flu comes "every year or two"(your words).
People like you or anyone else with little medical knowledge should shut up and stop fantasizing about being scholarly and of high ranging intelligence. You are giving dangerous and poor advice and opinions. Think about it, you are advising on Coronavirus and admitting you know nothing about the common cold.

We fight yearly flu not very well, just FYI. Flu vaccines are far from 100% effective, even when the medical experts guess right about which strain of the flu will be dominant that season. In the years where they guess wrong, flu vaccines are as effective as just shooting people with distilled water.

You are comfortable talking about the wonders of lockdowns and how they "work" without telling us what "lockdowns working" actually means, and without telling us what purpose they actually serve if no vaccine is possible. You are sitting back and criticizing and complaining about how everyone else's plans and suggestions are impossible and dangerous, without offering anything solid yourself.
I rely on what medical experts say and promote. For some odd reason, I have more trust in them than politicians and partisan hacks. So, if doctors tell me not to do something and some politician tells me not to listen to the doctors, I will probably ignore the politicians.

All of the doctors that I know just aren't concerned. Theyre more concerned about having a job.
Then doctors you know are dumb to say something like that. I know lots of doctors and they will never say something like that.

Trump has already relaxed and removed all federal restrictions. The control is now in the hands of each states governor. We here in Wyoming are opening up restaurants and other close contact businesses with distancing guidelines. We will see how it all pans out in two weeks.

We made resaonable requests and many shop owners gave out ideas so that they could open. We will soon know what works and what may not.. Its amazing what you can come up with when you give people ownership of defeating the problems.

Actually covid is way more infectious than the flu and way less deadly as only seriously I'll are being tested

The original figures showed an infection rate R0 of only around 2, and a slightly higher death rate for those infected.
But I tend to agree with you since the actual infection rate hints are being far higher than first thought.
Something like 4 to 10 times higher. In which case you are correct. But I was just sticking with the Fauci pronouncements since that is less just my opinion.

[/QUOTE]

I think the opposite has proven to happen.
The hospitals are complaining they now are half empty and having to lay off staff.

{...
255 hospitals furloughing workers in response to COVID-19
Alia Paavola - Tuesday, April 7th, 2020
...}
[/QUOTE]
While the experts are chasing the Chinese virus white whale people are dying from lack of medical care. No more heart surgeries, joint replacements, no more cancer screenings. Cancer surgeries have been deferred. All to keep hospitals empty for the surge that never comes.

Trump has already relaxed and removed all federal restrictions. The control is now in the hands of each states governor. We here in Wyoming are opening up restaurants and other close contact businesses with distancing guidelines. We will see how it all pans out in two weeks.

We made resaonable requests and many shop owners gave out ideas so that they could open. We will soon know what works and what may not.. Its amazing what you can come up with when you give people ownership of defeating the problems.
He has not, they wear mask at all press conferences

The number o

Wrong. Fauci is right.

View attachment 334712

Each region is different.

NY has a 2500 bed need for every 10,000 confirmed cases.
WY has a 15 bed need for each 10,000 confirmed cases.

Go to the CDC web site and look at the data on each state. They use Infection rates vs. needing intervention along with length of stay.
The number of deaths and cases in NY doesn’t support your opinion.

Let me repeat again. You have not proven that Fauci is wrong. What metric do you use to support your opinion?
Tell me... If we in WY were to have masive death rates and NY didn't, would you still support killing NY's economy for years waiting for a vaccine?

Wrong. Fauci is right.

View attachment 334712
LOL

Then doctors you know are dumb to say something like that. I know lots of doctors and they will never say something like that.

All people with medical knowledge say it is only when a new virus first hits that it is really dangerous.
They all say we then develop herd immunity and it becomes much less significant.

The original figures showed an infection rate R0 of only around 2, and a slightly higher death rate for those infected.
But I tend to agree with you since the actual infection rate hints are being far higher than first thought.
Something like 4 to 10 times higher. In which case you are correct. But I was just sticking with the Fauci pronouncements since that is less just my opinion.
When the USA shut there were already 100 million cases or more. They were scared of a high death rate that never happened

Forum List

Back