Nathan Bedford Forrest statue causing controversy

"History is wrought with atrocities and injustices--to sit there and act like you are special, or your cause is unique is naive and incredibly ignorant."

But you also consider the (legal)" injustice" of slavery serious enough to start a war over? Make up your mind.

"Blacks have all of those things because the unAmerican southern states that stood in defiance of the rule of law and the Constitution lost the Civil War."

Actually slavery was legal and Constitutional. There was a reason they hung John Brown.

Damn right I hate the North, and the scum who still populate it, and I hate its filthy culture, and a thousand years from now, I hope all descendants of Confederates will hate them with the same ferocity.

Then GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY COUNTRY, YOU UNAMERICAN SCUMBAG. Take your RIDICULOUS hate, shove it up your ass, and go find some other country where you can have it packed nice and hard the way you like it. You're no American, North, South, East, or West. You are just another irrelevant big-mouth loser who will NEVER have the courage of his convictions. Stop pretending to have principles, PUSSY.
Go piss into the wind.

"Blacks have all of those things because the unAmerican southern states that stood in defiance of the rule of law and the Constitution lost the Civil War."

Actually slavery was legal and Constitutional. There was a reason they hung John Brown.

They did not hang John Brown because of his opposition to slavery. They hung him because he tried to take the armory at Harpers Ferry

My ancestors fought against the Southern traitors and held our home counties for the Union.

You meathead, I would have had to be an adult before 1875 and voting for the GOP.

You bozo.

If you are not a Yankee, Jake, then you are a Scalawag, which is worse, in my book; but then, some people actually like the taste of boot polish (or so I'm told).:lol:

Cheer up Jakey; you can STILL be a scalawag today. I certainly don't want you to feel left out. All you have to do, is turn your back on your ancestors, your heritage, your history, and the majority of your fellow Southerners....oh wait; you did that already. Yep, you're a Scalawag, alright.

Actually slavery was legal and Constitutional.

This. The Constitutional process doesn't go away because of the repugnance of the issue.

Having met Senators Byrd and Thurmond and studied their lives, no doubt exists that Byrd was the far better man than the racist Thurmond. Byrd repented his past and did his past to best to rectify his mistakes. Thurmond never did, didn't have the decency to recognize his illegitimate bi-racial daughter.

Horseshit, Robert Byrd was a disgusting human being.

Last edited:

They did not hang John Brown because of his opposition to slavery. They hung him because he tried to take the armory at Harpers Ferry

Exactly. If you don't like the laws there are legal methods to change them without resorting to murder or war. Like it or not slavery was legal.

Reading all the faux outrage and denigrations from the Yankees here is certainly an entertaining way to spend a Sunday morning.

It seems that they've all got these self-righteous opinions and nary a BIT of historical education. There are lots of good books out there on the causes and repercussions of the Civil War, from several different perspectives. I'd suggest that some of you mouth-breathing carpetbaggers go crack a few of them and come back when you've educated yourselves.

As of now the only thing you've done is prove that government education is really all about indoctrination...

The opinions by the Americans on this board have made me proud of my country. The silly stupidities written by the unreconstructed knuckle draggers from the backwoods of parts of the South have sent me into paroxysms of mirth. Guys, you confederates, are here only for grins and chuckles.

Exactly. If you don't like the laws there are legal methods to change them without resorting to murder or war. Like it or not slavery was legal.

Interesting....they hang one man for trying to take a federal installation....and rightfully so.

And yet, isn't that what they did to Fort Sumter? Take a federal installation? Again....the leaders of the "confederacy" are lucky they were not hung...like John Brown.

Reading all the faux outrage and denigrations from the Yankees here is certainly an entertaining way to spend a Sunday morning.

It seems that they've all got these self-righteous opinions and nary a BIT of historical education. There are lots of good books out there on the causes and repercussions of the Civil War, from several different perspectives. I'd suggest that some of you mouth-breathing carpetbaggers go crack a few of them and come back when you've educated yourselves.

As of now the only thing you've done is prove that government education is really all about indoctrination...

Amusing...you use the term "carpetbagger" incorrectly and yet seem to think you can school us on historical education.

:lol::lol::lol:

It was.

But the South fired on a Federal Installation.....that changed everything.

"Interesting....they hang one man for trying to take a federal installation....and rightfully so."

...a jury found him guilty of treason against the Commonwealth of Virginia
http://www.wvculture.org/History/jnobrown.html

"But the South fired on a Federal Installation.....that changed everything."

Federal? No, foreign troops illegally occupimg State property which is an act of war just as the Union intended it to be.

Last edited:
Gen. Forrest was a loyal and patriotic American who fought to preserve the U.S. Constitution. :cool:

Having met Senators Byrd and Thurmond and studied their lives, no doubt exists that Byrd was the far better man than the racist Thurmond. Byrd repented his past and did his past to best to rectify his mistakes. Thurmond never did, didn't have the decency to recognize his illegitimate bi-racial daughter.

Horseshit, Robert Byrd was a disgusting human being.

Trivia Question:

What was Sen. Thurmond's favorite Saturday morning breakfast restaurant?

Hint: It is on Route 1 in Alexandria, VA.

Amusing...you use the term "carpetbagger" incorrectly and yet seem to think you can school us on historical education.

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I should have said "mouth-breathing progeny of vile carpetbaggers..."

Forum List

Back