Nathan Bedford Forrest statue causing controversy

"The real tragedy was that Lincoln died and asshole..."

The real shame is that it took so long for him get what he deserved and that he never stood trial for war crimes.

Seriously?

If Lincoln hadn't taken the actions he did, the "United States" would be about six countries today, all of them relatively poor and we certainly wouldn't have been the bullwark against Fascism and Communism we became.

I am amazed that there are people on the right who really hate so much.

If Lincoln hadn't invaded the Southern states, there never would have been a WW I and therefor there never would have been a WW II, no fascism and no communism.

The real shame is that it took so long for him get what he deserved and that he never stood trial for war crimes.

Seriously?

If Lincoln hadn't taken the actions he did, the "United States" would be about six countries today, all of them relatively poor and we certainly wouldn't have been the bullwark against Fascism and Communism we became.

If Lincoln hadn't invaded the Southern states, there never would have been a WW I and therefor there never would have been a WW II, no fascism and no communism.

Time to renew your prescription, headcase.

No offense, but chances are pretty great that I've taught more about history than you've ever read.

the chances are even greater that anything you taught was total complete bullshit.

Sorry I didn't teach your pathetic, impotent hatred and anti-americanism, loser.

What you taught is obviously nothing but total complete bullshit. You have demonstrated your ignorance of the facts repeatedly in this forum. The facts from valid historical sources have been pointed out to you repeatedly and you continue to ignore them. You obviously don't give a damn about the facts. You're nothing but a propagandist.

Seriously?

The war happened on his watch and he has a responsibility for the deaths on both sides.
My G.+Father died trying to defend home and family from invading foreign troops and they were neither Fascist nor Communist.

Killing, rape, murder and torture just tend to tick some folks off. Just funny that way I guess.

Is the problem that you think no one but you can read, or that you cannot fathom that anyone could possibly disagree with you? (a very leftist attitude, btw)

I'm not saying you CAN'T read, I'm saying you've provided little to no evidence that you HAVE.

No offense, but chances are pretty great that I've taught more about history than you've ever read.
I seriously doubt you've taught more history that I've read; as a matter of fact, the idea of YOU teaching history sounds like the blind leading the blind. Do you have any idea how to do REAL historical research-you know, the kind where you go look at primary sources, not some compilation in a textbook? Well, DO YOU? How much of that have you ever done? ANY? Don't you condescend to lecture me any further, until you can show me and everyone else here some evidence of real scholarship, instead of a bunch of phony patriotism blended with opinions you have no credible evidence to support!

He touched the skin of a black man when he shook hands with Frederick Douglass.

I am speaking of the average black man on the street.

So you admit your original claim was false then?

Lol, you just cant stop with the stupid smart ass responses.

No, troll, I was refering then and now to the average black on the street Lincoln would not touch, just as he would not let them marry whites or live in an integrated sopciety.

Dude, in 1900 there were many major empires across the globe: Manchus of China, Russia, France, UK, Germany, Italy, the US, Spain, Ethiopia and Portugal.

The only two 'empires' that still have held all their disparate ethnic groups together so far are the Chinese and the US, and forces of factionalism are at work in both countries.

The US is not an empire, you stupid, unamerican son of a bitch.

It is becoming one, if not already according to some.

We have a President who can enforce or not enforce the laws Congress passes and then enforce 'laws' that were never passed to start with.

The people of this country are being increasingly isolated from their represenatives bu corporate lobbyists taking up most of the available time by using professional line position holders among other things.

We are an empirea in all but name and hardly a republic any more at all.

If you dont like it, dont shoot the messenger, troll.

All your bitching and crying about a war that is long, long over just makes you look like a sorry asshole. Time to move on, loser.

Carpetbagger turds don't like to be reminded of the sordid and despicable deeds of your ancestors, do you?

You don't understand the terms you are trying to use, but that's ok because you are so damn irrelevant anyway.

First you claim to speak for everyone in the country and now you redefine the English language.

Lol, you are such an arrogant little troll.

Monument to Nathan Bedford Forrest stirs dispute - WSFA.com: News Weather and Sports for Montgomery, AL.

Someone needs to tell that carpetbagging son of a bitch to go back up north. Oh and they should also give him a few sources showing what Sherman did on his march to the sea in my beloved south..man there ain't nothing worse than a southerner who hates the south and her heritage.

You sent people out to die pointlessly in a war you couldn't win so a few rich douchebags could continue to own slaves.

Why is that anything to be proud of?

The war was not fought over slavery.

If it were then the end of slavery would have been pronounced from the start, but it was not and Lincoln said the war was not about slavery untill he issued the Emancipation Proclamation that only applied to slaves in rebel states.

GRant owned two slaves and kept them with him through most of the war, and slavery remained legal after the war was over in several states.

But dont let facts harsh your mellow there, joe, lol.

Sherman did what any military commander should do- destroy the enemies ability to make war.

Yeah and what is the difference between what Sherman did to the civilians of Atlanta and what Assad is doing to his own people in Syria? Sherman was on our side so everything is OK, but Assad is an evil Muslim?

What makes you think Sherman would not be considered a war criminal today?

Your claims and cites do not reveal Forrest as anything more than a traitor, a criminal, a coward, and a butcher.

Sherman should have ignored orders and had the traitor hanged in the town square by his heels, whipped, and then beheaded.

Add "Tyrant" to the bolded part, and you have a perfect description of "Bloody Abe" Lincoln.

The bottom line is that Lincoln had no authority to invade the Southern states - none. The Civil war was entirely the fault of greedy Yankee carpet baggers who wanted to impose crushing taxes on the South to finance their merchantilist schemes.

Of course he did...that is how you deal with traitors

The South had no right to secede.....none

No he had no right and there would have been no Civil War if the government compensated slave owners for their "property."

You do realize people invested in slaves - they bought them - they were assets and the government wanted to take their assets...

What would you say if government tried to ban foreign cars and wanted to seize them and you owned a car dealership??

Oh yeah you would be financially wrecked....

And again, you are a total fuckin' moron.

Do you have any idea how to do REAL historical research-you know, the kind where you go look at primary sources, not some compilation in a textbook? Well, DO YOU? How much of that have you ever done? ANY?

Garsh, I ain't never heered of them things. Yoo knows all them sekret skalarshippy things! Yoo must be smurt!

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back