National Review Just Came Out Swinging Against Trump

Glad to see the NR taking the lead here. Back in its founding days Buckley's goal was to deliver conservatism from the racist Birchers and other miscreants who had hijacked it. He was successful. May his spirit hover over this endeveaor too.

Yeah, but then you had Kristol and the other Neo-Cons hijack conservatism for the Zionists and the Oil Companies, which is why they are all flustered by Trump.

So let's review here. For the last 40 years, Republicans have been distracting white working class voters from the theft of their middle class lifestyle by the 1% by playing on their religious, racial and sexual fears. And what that has brought us is Free Trade, Union-busting, McJobs where we are all working two jobs to pay the mortgage.

Meanwhile, the working class white guy is horrified to find his daughter is dating a Mexican.

So along comes Trump,who mixes the xenophobia with a little bit of populism, and the 1% is HORRIFIED!!!!

THis isn't the first time this has happened. They found themselves equally horrified when Pat Buchanan did it in 1996, or Mike Huckabee did it in 2008. The difference is, Trump has the resources to go a lot farther than they did.

Reading these essays in the National review made me think of Doctor Frankenstein being horrified by his own monster.

55a548480e54a.image.jpg

The National Review founder said, "I like conservatives...who can win" hello earth to National Review do you really think Cruz can win? Does Cruz have any cross over appeal among independents and hard working blue collar Democrats? Not really so what the hell are you idiots thinking.

Trump is the only candidate who dared openly challenge the establishments status quo positions on key issues like trade, illegals, jobs, jobs killing government taxes and out of control regulations. He was blasted by both sides for daring to do this, they attempted to beat him into submission, force him to apologize, to silence him, but he stuck to his guns. Now half the other candidates are adopting his positions, sure after they discovered the people are with Trump on this.

I'm not concerned with Trump's prior positions on the issues, or what he was forced to do as a businessman to get along in a world full of corrupt government hacks. Trump is a conservative in training and like many of us who began life as a Democrat, then turned Republican, and finally Conservative, its a process.

Name me a single election Trump has won?

You do know he's run for President before, right? And did he win?

FTR Trump does worse in polling v the Dems than Cruz or Rubio.

He's the Republican's worst option.

Yes, Trump is worst the option for the Republicans, and he is at the same time killing the establishment RePugs in polls in Iowa and New Hampshire.

With the legality of Cruz Citizenship and Rubio having helped his Ex-Con, Drug Dealing BIL, Trump could stomp early primaries.

He has never laid a plan, other than thinking he can Mexico to build a wall along the U.S. border.

His bluster is what sells.

Holy smokes.

The National Review has collected 35 essays from conservative leaders, all explaining why Trump is a RINO.

"When conservatives desperately needed allies in the fight against big government, Donald Trump didn’t stand on the sidelines. He consistently advocated that your money be spent, that your government grow, and that your Constitution be ignored."

"Not since George Wallace has there been a presidential candidate who made racial and religious scapegoating so central to his campaign."

"A real conservative walks with us. Ronald Reagan read National Review and Human Events for intellectual sustenance; spoke annually to the Conservative Political Action Conference, Young Americans for Freedom, and other organizations to rally the troops; supported Barry Goldwater when the GOP mainstream turned its back on him; raised money for countless conservative groups; wrote hundreds of op-eds; and delivered even more speeches, everywhere championing our cause. Until he decided to run for the GOP nomination a few months ago, Trump had done none of these things, perhaps because he was too distracted publicly raising money for liberals such as the Clintons; championing Planned Parenthood, tax increases, and single-payer health coverage; and demonstrating his allegiance to the Democratic party."

On and on like that. Awesome.
This is about as strong a rebuke from conservatives that could happen

Holy smokes.

The National Review has collected 35 essays from conservative leaders, all explaining why Trump is a RINO.

"When conservatives desperately needed allies in the fight against big government, Donald Trump didn’t stand on the sidelines. He consistently advocated that your money be spent, that your government grow, and that your Constitution be ignored."

"Not since George Wallace has there been a presidential candidate who made racial and religious scapegoating so central to his campaign."

"A real conservative walks with us. Ronald Reagan read National Review and Human Events for intellectual sustenance; spoke annually to the Conservative Political Action Conference, Young Americans for Freedom, and other organizations to rally the troops; supported Barry Goldwater when the GOP mainstream turned its back on him; raised money for countless conservative groups; wrote hundreds of op-eds; and delivered even more speeches, everywhere championing our cause. Until he decided to run for the GOP nomination a few months ago, Trump had done none of these things, perhaps because he was too distracted publicly raising money for liberals such as the Clintons; championing Planned Parenthood, tax increases, and single-payer health coverage; and demonstrating his allegiance to the Democratic party."

These people aren't conservatives...It's time to start calling them anarchist and anti-government extremist as that is what they're.

I love to watch the stir up about this.

Just how many Americans do you think even know that the National Review exists? Most of its pundits are has beens clinging to their past glories.

The only ones who seem to give it any credence are the Leftists who love their blather.

National Review never really got back on its feet after Buckley died... I suspect it will follow him to the graveyard sometime soon.
The National Review is where Neo-Conservatism was defined...
Yep.

...Today, it's where you will find articles by the most respected conservative writers...
Yep.,

...I think the condemnation by the Nation Review will probably strengthen the resolve of Trump supporters because the NR represents the establishment, the insiders...
I think the condemnation will do exactly that, and for the reason you mentioned.

I ALSO think that the condemnation will draw vast numbers of fence-sitters to his banner.

...This is more evidence that Trump is going to split the party...
If you add-up all the rank-and-file Republicans who are sick and tired of their own leadership and establishment, that really doesn't leave many under the old banner; we're probably just looking at a Market Correction by which the Republican Party re-emerges as more Populist Party.

...more good news for democrats...
Don't look now, but the Democrats have their own Civil War going on right now.

...For Trump to win a general election he will have to have strong support from Republicans, something he certainly doesn't have.
I wouldn't be too sure about that, i.e., that Trump could not command the loyalty of the party rank-and-file, once he burns down the establishment.

Also, I would not rule-out disaffected Democrats - vast numbers of Blue Collar types - who would rather vote for a demagogue who promises to bring their jobs back on-shore by negotiating tough deals and taking tough steps to make that happen, rather than a Commie who will never be able to work with the next Congress or two.

This is probably going to be the most Atypical General Election that you or I have seen in eons.

It's all about Revolution... it's all about rebelling... it's all about rudely shoving the Establishment aside and bowing to the Will of the People... on BOTH sides of the aisle.

Long-standing Bastions of Elitists like the National Review are being shoved aside by Average Joes who are tired of listening to their unworkable shit, decade after decade...

That 'shoving aside' is also occurring on BOTH sides of the aisle...

Whether it's real or not... whether that momentum holds-up over time... is anybody's guess, but, as things stand now, it's rather amusing to contemplate that...

"Government OF the People, BY the People, and FOR the People" seems to be making a come-back... on BOTH sides of the aisle... and not a moment too soon...

Interesting times.
Looking at the polling data for the Republican Primaries, Trump clearly has about 35% of Republican primary voters. That leaves 65% still not convinced. For Trump to overcome the huge unfavorable ratings shared by Democrats and Independents, he going have to have very strong support from his party and that I don't think he's going to get. I think there's going to be a lot of Republicans staying home on election day if Trump is the Republican nominee.

I see the primary being a race between Cruz and Trump with most of Carson's 8% going to Trump and most the remainder going to Cruz. Unless Trump stumbles, the Republican Convention should be something to watch.

Holy smokes.

It is weak as shit.

Holy smokes.

These people aren't conservatives...It's time to start calling them anarchist and anti-government extremist as that is what they're.
Yes, a lot of Trump supporters are certainly anti-government but I think most of them are just attracted to Trump's authoritarian approach to government. You can see it so strongly in the Trump Palin rally. They want a leader that will kick ass and get things done and they don't care how he does it. Trump has said he will make liberal use of Executive Orders to do what needs to be done and that's fine with his supporters. He jokes about congress and never mentions help from congress to do anything. In fact, he sees congress as an adversary. He never speaks of uniting the country or congress because he's going to do it all by himself and his supporters love it.

Holy smokes.

Conservatives support and defend the Constitution, the left shits on it and we are anti-government? The projection is strong in your post.

Conservatives support and defend the Constitution, the left shits on it and we are anti-government? The projection is strong in your post.
"Conservatives support and defend selective parts of the Constitution"

Fixed it for you :thup:

Conservatives support and defend the Constitution...

Only when it suits them.

But when it comes to things like First Amendment protections for Muslims, they don't want to be seen in public with the Constitution.

What makes a good conservative? Amnesty? unfair trade? Bending over to progressive policies that only hurt us in the long run? A Boehner? Or a paul ryan that hires a lobbyist for the Chamber of Amnesty(commerce) as his chief of staff?

Once again, Donald Trump is not a conservative. You're an idiot if you think he is. Like many of you tards, he's a totalitarian.

How Donald Trump and Ted Cruz differ on the issues

Trump wants to reinstate the surveillance and said security trumps privacy.
"I have always come down on the side of security. To me, it's the most important," Trump told CBS News -- even if it means encroaching on the Bill of Rights.
"I hate it. I hate the concept of it, but we're dealing with some very, very bad dudes," he said.

What makes a good conservative? Amnesty? unfair trade? Bending over to progressive policies that only hurt us in the long run? A Boehner? Or a paul ryan that hires a lobbyist for the Chamber of Amnesty(commerce) as his chief of staff?
How about someone like Trump who is "very pro-choice", and thinks the Clintons are wonderful people and calls them friends. Is that a conservative?

How about someone like Trump who says he would date his daughter because she's so hot? Is that a conservative?

How about someone like Trump who owns a gambling empire? Is that something evangelicals smile on?

How about someone like Trump who has been married three time and committed serial adultery? That sound like a conservative leader to you?

How about someone like Trump who would dump the Bill of Rights in the name of Fatherland security. That your kind of guy?

How about someone like Trump who is "very pro-choice", and thinks the Clintons are wonderful people and calls them friends. Is that a conservative?

How about someone like Trump who says he would date his daughter because she's so hot? Is that a conservative?

How about someone like Trump who owns a gambling empire? Is that something evangelicals smile on?

How about someone like Trump who has been married three time and committed serial adultery? That sound like a conservative leader to you?

How about someone like Trump who would dump the Bill of Rights in the name of Fatherland security. That your kind of guy?
Trump is the biggest RINO running for the republican primary. My point was, the people that sometimes talk shit about him are not conservatives either..

Trump is the biggest RINO running for the republican primary. My point was, the people that sometimes talk shit about him are not conservatives either..
It's beyond bizarre. If it was any other politician, any one of those things I named would have been a poison pill to the tards who worship Trump.

Being a friend of the Clintons? Are you kidding me? They would not have given any other person even two seconds of attention for that alone.

This is really, really creepy the way they suck off a guy who is so obviously not a Republican or a conservative.

In one breath, the tards make a lot of noise about the Clinton's money sources, and in the very next breath they cheer one of the Clinton donors to the top of the A-list for the GOP nomination.

We're in the fucking Twilight Zone, boys and girls.

Notice (again) that republican orientated magazines and media sources aren't afraid to criticize a republican candidate? Meanwhile democrat candidates enjoy the full and unrelenting support of the liberal media no matter what they do or how close to indictment they might come.

It's beyond bizarre. If it was any other politician, any one of those things I named would have been a poison pill to the tards who worship Trump.

Being a friend of the Clintons? Are you kidding me? They would not have given any other person even two seconds of attention for that alone.

This is really, really creepy the way they suck off a guy who is so obviously not a Republican or a conservative.
I wont argue with any of that. However, I do think trumps popularity is based on his image; not necessarily him.
That's like his single payer. I haven't heard ONE of his supporters talk about that. I know they know, they just don't seem to care.. or something..

Forum List

Back