National Review Just Came Out Swinging Against Trump

Anyone who defends Trump, the way you just did, is the biggest fool in the boat.
Perhaps, but I stand by my reasoning. It’s not really about Trump, it is about everyone else and party politics and “govt. as usual.”

So...in order to avoid marrying a wife beater, the bride has decided to shack up with Satan.

Also, anyone who voted for Obama a second time is the biggest fool in the boat. IMO
Anyone who voted for him once was the biggest fool.

But that kind of stupidity is being topped by the Trump supporters.

Holy smokes.

The National Review has collected 35 essays from conservative leaders, all explaining why Trump is a RINO.

"When conservatives desperately needed allies in the fight against big government, Donald Trump didn’t stand on the sidelines. He consistently advocated that your money be spent, that your government grow, and that your Constitution be ignored."

"Not since George Wallace has there been a presidential candidate who made racial and religious scapegoating so central to his campaign."

"A real conservative walks with us. Ronald Reagan read National Review and Human Events for intellectual sustenance; spoke annually to the Conservative Political Action Conference, Young Americans for Freedom, and other organizations to rally the troops; supported Barry Goldwater when the GOP mainstream turned its back on him; raised money for countless conservative groups; wrote hundreds of op-eds; and delivered even more speeches, everywhere championing our cause. Until he decided to run for the GOP nomination a few months ago, Trump had done none of these things, perhaps because he was too distracted publicly raising money for liberals such as the Clintons; championing Planned Parenthood, tax increases, and single-payer health coverage; and demonstrating his allegiance to the Democratic party."

On and on like that. Awesome.
Anyone who's going to vote for Trump is not going to be reading the National Review. National Inquirer, maybe, but not the National Review.

Holy smokes.

The National Review has collected 35 essays from conservative leaders, all explaining why Trump is a RINO.

"When conservatives desperately needed allies in the fight against big government, Donald Trump didn’t stand on the sidelines. He consistently advocated that your money be spent, that your government grow, and that your Constitution be ignored."

"Not since George Wallace has there been a presidential candidate who made racial and religious scapegoating so central to his campaign."

"A real conservative walks with us. Ronald Reagan read National Review and Human Events for intellectual sustenance; spoke annually to the Conservative Political Action Conference, Young Americans for Freedom, and other organizations to rally the troops; supported Barry Goldwater when the GOP mainstream turned its back on him; raised money for countless conservative groups; wrote hundreds of op-eds; and delivered even more speeches, everywhere championing our cause. Until he decided to run for the GOP nomination a few months ago, Trump had done none of these things, perhaps because he was too distracted publicly raising money for liberals such as the Clintons; championing Planned Parenthood, tax increases, and single-payer health coverage; and demonstrating his allegiance to the Democratic party."

On and on like that. Awesome.
Anyone who's going to vote for Trump is not going to be reading the National Review. National Inquirer, maybe, but not the National Review.
Yeah. They read Breitbart and whatever mass emails they get from their favorite propaganda organs.

Anyone who defends Trump, the way you just did, is the biggest fool in the boat.
Perhaps, but I stand by my reasoning. It’s not really about Trump, it is about everyone else and party politics and “govt. as usual.”

So...in order to avoid marrying a wife beater, the bride has decided to shack up with Satan.

Also, anyone who voted for Obama a second time is the biggest fool in the boat. IMO
Anyone who voted for him once was the biggest fool.

But that kind of stupidity is being topped by the Trump supporters.
That's the thing. Suddenly look who's lining up behind the Donald to oppose Cruz. That should give the Trump folks pause, but it won't.

And aside from registering Muslims, Cruz seems to have been for everything Trump's for before Trump was for it. LOL

Quoting dumb ass Glen Beck...haaa who cares..

We already knew he is not as right as most of them..

This is why Trump is so popular with all parties.. Many have big concerns for the candidates on the left and right this time around..

No big deal~

Trump is not popular with Democrats. He has the lowest ratings amongst Democrats of all the Republicans.
Like I said many Dems like Trump, I have no idea what the ratings are.. I know several who have talked about it.

Like I said many Dems like Trump, I have no idea what the ratings are.. I know several who have talked about it.
That's because Trump is a Democrat in elephant's clothing.
I laughed pretty hard when all the liberals thought Obama was the second coming. I think there are a lot of phone calls with party donors telling one another "well, I did a deal with Donald, and he was pretty reasonable ....." LOL

That's the thing. Suddenly look who's lining up behind the Donald to oppose Cruz. That should give the Trump folks pause, but it won't.

And aside from registering Muslims, Cruz seems to have been for everything Trump's for before Trump was for it. LOL
I thought the gist of this thread/article was the esteemed conservative National Review sounding the alarm that Trump would be a national nightmare and a disaster for the Republican party? I did not think that anyone who may have disagreed with their opinions also implied that Trump was our first choice and we were defending all his positions? Nor did I think it meant we preferred him over Cruz? I do not. I prefer Cruz and Huckabee over Trump.

I also realize Trump may have enormous troubles getting some of his wishes through congress. But I do believe he will have the nation’s ear and they may very well rise up and defend Trump’s strong positions on a secure border, deportations, and blocking Muslims from coming in. Put it this way – one good terrorist bomb killing a mass of people on our soil and I will guarantee the public will be behind stopping all Islam refugees or migrants from coming in this country. These are perilous times and calm voices and status quo gridlock is not going to be popular. In fact, it sucks.

I thought the gist of this thread/article was the esteemed conservative National Review sounding the alarm that Trump would be a national nightmare and a disaster for the Republican party? I did not think that anyone who may have disagreed with their opinions also implied that Trump was our first choice and we were defending all his positions? Nor did I think it meant we preferred him over Cruz? I do not. I prefer Cruz and Huckabee over Trump.

I also realize Trump may have enormous troubles getting some of his wishes through congress. But I do believe he will have the nation’s ear and they may very well rise up and defend Trump’s strong positions on a secure border, deportations, and blocking Muslims from coming in. Put it this way – one good terrorist bomb killing a mass of people on our soil and I will guarantee the public will be behind stopping all Islam refugees or migrants from coming in this country. These are perilous times and calm voices and status quo gridlock is not going to be popular. In fact, it sucks.
And that is how demigods, dictators, and totalitarian regimes rise to power, the belief that we are in perilous times that require bold actions. There has probably never been a time when Americans were safer. The Trump phenomenon illustrates just how much American opinion can be swayed by the media and a skillful manipulator.

12417906_600751950082238_7996492008404515160_n.jpg

Here are the National Review heavyweight essayists aligned against Trump:

Glenn Beck is a nationally syndicated radio host, the founder of TheBlaze, and a best-selling author.

David Boaz is the executive vice president of the Cato Institute and the author of The Libertarian Mind.

L. Brent Bozell III is the chairman of ForAmerica and the president of the Media Research Center. He has endorsed Ted Cruz for president.

Mona Charen is a senior fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center.

Ben Domenech is the publisher of the Federalist.

Erick Erickson is the editor of The Resurgent and an Atlanta-based talk-radio host.

Steven F. Hayward is the Ronald Reagan Distinguished Visiting Professor at Pepperdine University.

Mark Helprin is a celebrated novelist. Among his best-known works are Winter’s Tale and A Soldier of the Great War.

William Kristol is the editor of The Weekly Standard.

Yuval Levin, a contributing editor of National Review, is the editor of National Affairs.

Dana Loesch is the host of a nationally syndicated radio program and of Dana on TheBlaze. She also appears regularly on Fox News. Her second Book, Flyover Nation, will be published this spring.

Andrew C. McCarthy, a contributing editor of National Review, is a former chief assistant U.S. attorney who prosecuted terrorism cases.

David McIntosh is a former aide to Ronald Reagan and the president of The Club for Growth.

Michael Medved hosts a daily radio talk show heard on more than 300 stations across the country.

Edwin Meese III served in Ronald Reagan’s gubernatorial and presidential administrations. These views are his own and do not necessarily reflect those of any organization with which he is affiliated.

Russell Moore is the president of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention and the author of Onward: Engaging the Culture without Losing the Gospel.

Michael B. Mukasey served as U.S. attorney general from 2007 to 2009 and as a U.S. district judge from 1988 to 2006. He has advised the Jeb Bush campaign on national-security issues.

Katie Pavlich is the editor of Townhall and a best-selling author.

John Podhoretz is the editor of Commentary.

R. R. Reno is the editor of First Things.

Thomas Sowell is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University.

Cal Thomas is a nationally syndicated USA Today columnist and a Fox News contributor.

"The presidency’s most crucial duty is the protection of American national security. Yet, interviewed by Hugh Hewitt months into his campaign, Donald Trump did not know the key leaders of the global jihad. The man who would be commander-in-chief was unfamiliar with Hassan Nasrallah, the Hezbollah leader who has been murdering Americans for over 30 years; Ayman al-Zawahiri, Osama bin Laden’s longtime deputy who has quite notoriously commanded al-Qaeda since the network’s leader was killed by U.S. forces in 2011; and Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, self-proclaimed caliph of the Islamic State (ISIS) and a jihadist so globally notorious that many teenagers are aware of him."

2n7jcj5.jpg

Last edited:
We cannot afford another President who will be training on the job.

And that is how demigods, dictators, and totalitarian regimes rise to power, the belief that we are in perilous times that require bold actions. There has probably never been a time when Americans were safer. The Trump phenomenon illustrates just how much American opinion can be swayed by the media and a skillful manipulator.

>>“There has probably never been a time when Americans were safer.”<<

Only if you are someone about 4 months old saying that.

I am not a date setter but I believe in Catholic saints. St. Faustina from Poland in the 1930’s has enough clout for any man of sound mine not to doubt her amazing life story. Jesus visited her many times and instructed her to have created the most famous painting in all of 20th century Christendom. http://images.publicradio.org/content/2008/12/22/20081222_divine_33.jpg But beyond that He told her (reported in her famous diary) 'You will prepare the world for My final coming.'"
Things are only going to get more ominous and perilous for this nation and for the whole world. No, Trump is not the answer, but I am just disagreeing with your observations of our times.

RePugs created the Der Trumpenfuhrer monster. 8-Years ago Dumb Donnie was supporting the saving of GM and bank bailouts.

Now, that he is about putting Muslims in camps and forcing Muslims to wear badges, the TeaHadists love him.

Whatever moderates left the Republican Party have been successfully marginalized or forcke ed out of the party. The more main stream party candidates like JEB?, Christy and Kasich are polling at such low numbers that life support cannot help them.

The RNC is desperate to find a way, either by a brokered convention or by fudging the numbers to stop Herr Trump.

RePugs created this shit and they will have to either live or die with it.

I don't know many people who are more conservative than Ann Coulter, and she is backing Trump--ardently. So is Sarah Palin, another rock-ribbed conservative. So is Michael Savage
You just named three of the most batshit crazy assholes ruining the conservative brand.

Gee, openly racist Ann Coulter supports Trump. Color no one surprised.

Ann Coulter is not a racist. For a "crazy" person, Sarah Palin did a good job as governor, balancing the budget, getting the pipeline deal done, and providing record tax rebates. And why would anyone call Michael Savage "crazy"?

Bob Dole, certainly no "crazy" by any measure, said he would take Trump over Cruz because he thinks Trump is smart and effective and would get things done as president.

RePugs created this shit and they will have to either live or die with it.
Not true Republicans since Jefferson have always wanted intelligent people to vote, as did our Founders. Liberals rely on prisoners and welfare recipients so have always argued that anyone can vote. If only intelligent people could vote elections would not be decided by TV commercials and flashy billionaires.

"The presidency’s most crucial duty is the protection of American national security. Yet, interviewed by Hugh Hewitt months into his campaign, Donald Trump did not know the key leaders of the global jihad. The man who would be commander-in-chief was unfamiliar with Hassan Nasrallah,

how 10000000% stupid!!!!! Obama knows their names and has been sitting on his hands while the JV Team develops WMD's to kill 100's of million of us. Trump wants to "bomb the shit out of them" despite not knowing their names. I'll take Trump any day!!

Forum List

Back