Native Americans Likely Find Old Glory to be Oppressive too...should we have it removed?

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
A friend of mine asked that question. I was caught off-guard by the question and my response was pretty silly. Anyone have a better one?

A friend of mine asked that question. I was caught off-guard by the question and my response was pretty silly. Anyone have a better one?

Don't laugh because many schools have made displays of the American flag against the rules because it offends illegal aliens.

Perhaps they should be consulted. First.

Last edited:

Does it matter to you at all what actual native Americans think?

No, of course not, I can't believe I even asked.

Native Americans fought the United States government and lost but were never held as slaves as were the blacks. They were put on reservations but were granted the right to leave an integrate with whites. They were certainly discriminated against but not to the degree of Southern blacks.

Any group who ever fought against the United States military would find Old Glory objectionable.

My brother fought in Vietnam and one of his best friends was a Native American. An Apache and he held no grudge against old glory. He fought for our country as did many other Native Americans.

WWII had the Navajo ghost talkers. Again they fought for old glory.

Guess its all in how someone wants to look at things.

This is the goal of the far left, in which the OP supports..

Any group who ever fought against the United States military would find Old Glory objectionable.

My brother fought in Vietnam and one of his best friends was a Native American. An Apache and he held no grudge against old glory. He fought for our country as did many other Native Americans.

WWII had the Navajo ghost talkers. Again they fought for old glory.

Guess its all in how someone wants to look at things.
I'don't know about that. I spent some time in Japan a few years ago and never saw any animosity toward Americans. I think it depends on how far back the war goes and what transpires after the war.

Forum List

Back