Navajo Nation leader says Biden, AOC energy policies cripple tribe’s economy

Lastamender

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2011
So Democrats know better than the Indians what to do on their own land? That is bound to rub some people the wrong way.

"Aaron Johnson, vice president of Public and Legislative Affairs for the alliance, said, “Rep. Ocasio-Cortez assumes an energy transition for the Navajo Nation that doesn’t exist. As President Buu Nygren said, such a transition isn’t happening now nor will it in the foreseeable future. The Interior Secretary’s ten-mile buffer around Chaco Canyon will lead to more poverty in a disadvantaged community by denying nearly $200 million in oil and natural gas revenue for Navajo members. Meanwhile, tribal wind and solar royalties are nonexistent.”

I have lived next to the Navajo Nation for several years. I remember when there was a tribal election to close the coal mine, the power plants and stop the further exploration of gas and oil on tribal lands. They voted to do those things. Obama/Biden administration promised to take care of them
So it is a little hard to feel sorry for them.

So Democrats know better than the Indians what to do on their own land? That is bound to rub some people the wrong way.

"Aaron Johnson, vice president of Public and Legislative Affairs for the alliance, said, “Rep. Ocasio-Cortez assumes an energy transition for the Navajo Nation that doesn’t exist. As President Buu Nygren said, such a transition isn’t happening now nor will it in the foreseeable future. The Interior Secretary’s ten-mile buffer around Chaco Canyon will lead to more poverty in a disadvantaged community by denying nearly $200 million in oil and natural gas revenue for Navajo members. Meanwhile, tribal wind and solar royalties are nonexistent.”

Don't make Biden send in the Calvary again to rape and pillage their land again.

For the love of God, do as poopy britches say. If nothing else, do it for your own sakes!!

th

Forum List

Back