Navy lowers weight standards so obese women can stay in the service.

If you go overboard in the ocean and you DON'T swim, you'll sink like a stone. These aren't calm waters that allow you to gently float on your back.

Hey einstein. They just invented something last week. Called a life jacket.

If you go overboard in the ocean and you DON'T swim, you'll sink like a stone. These aren't calm waters that allow you to gently float on your back.

Hey Einstein, do you see any life jackets?

flight_deck_colors.jpg

140912073654-f-a-18e-super-hornet-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

Last edited:
They had it in the 80s and 90s. If you got too fat, they put you in a program for overweight people. If you were unable to get your weight down, you were discharged from service. They were tired of fat fucks making the Navy look bad, plus fat people arent good swimmers so its a safety issue.

You must live in a desert to make that idiotic statement.

Ever see a skinny person try to float? They float like a rock!
Are you retarded or something? The best swimmers have very little fat, moron. Quit talking about subjects you dont understand.

"You won’t be a swimmer like Michael Phelps with 30% body fat index; he was likely in the 9-10% range, maybe even down in the 6-7% range." Body Fat Percentage

tumblr_m835gwL5UM1r3sqxlo1_500.jpg

And if not actually SWIMMING, I suspect he would sink like a stone.

And we are not talking about hugely obese people. We are talking about an adjustment that allows women to have a higher percentage of fat, and still be pronounced fit. Most of the men I served with in the Navy did not look like Michael Phelps.

If-the-cap-fits---Sally-G-010.jpg

The woman pictured above swam the English Channel. Think she has 9% body fat?
Do you think most women her size can swim the English Channel, or is she exceptional?

You must live in a desert to make that idiotic statement.

Ever see a skinny person try to float? They float like a rock!
Are you retarded or something? The best swimmers have very little fat, moron. Quit talking about subjects you dont understand.

"You won’t be a swimmer like Michael Phelps with 30% body fat index; he was likely in the 9-10% range, maybe even down in the 6-7% range." Body Fat Percentage

And we are not talking about hugely obese people. We are talking about an adjustment that allows women to have a higher percentage of fat, and still be pronounced fit. Most of the men I served with in the Navy did not look like Michael Phelps.

Do you think most women her size can swim the English Channel, or is she exceptional?

No more an exception than Mark Phelps.

flight_deck_colors.jpg

Hey Einstein, do a little reading. Do you think a ship sinks instantly?
Hey Einstein, do you think most cases of sailers swimming for survival are due to sinking ships?

Most swimmers have a body fat percentage closer to Michael Phelps. Being skinny isnt exceptional.

flight_deck_colors.jpg

Hey Einstein, do you think most cases of sailers swimming for survival are due to sinking ships?

If they are in the water without safety gear and having to tread water for an extended period of time, yeah I am guessing the ship sank.

How else would they be in the open ocean?

flight_deck_colors.jpg

If they are in the water without safety gear and having to tread water for an extended period of time, yeah I am guessing the ship sank.

You see, this is why you shouldnt talk about things you dont understand. Do you have any idea how easilly an F/A-18s exhaust can blast you overboard? There are thousands of ways people accidentally go overboard. Navy ships are extremely dangerous work environments.

Most swimmers have a body fat percentage closer to Michael Phelps. Being skinny isnt exceptional.

Yeah, most high level swimmers. But that is not what makes up the Navy.

And I have already shown that women have a higher % of body fat at the same level of fitness.

r
Big deal...

Its just a fucking ship. Not like they have to actually run or anything

Ignorance is bliss for RW

You ever seen sailors responding to GQ?

-Geaux
=======

Whoop de fucking do....
Sailors have to hustle once in a while. Mostly to get some chow

What is the farthest a sailor has to run? 100 yards?

Well, in an extreme case you might need to run the length of the ship and up or down several ladders. I served aboard Aircraft Carriers, and they are around 1100 feet long and 18 decks tall. Most of the time, I was berthed close to my GQ station though.

flight_deck_colors.jpg

Yes, every single one of them is wearing a life jacket.

Why don't you discuss something you know about, instead of making a complete ass out of yourself!?

flight_deck_colors.jpg

You see, this is why you shouldnt talk about things you dont understand. Do you have any idea how easilly an F/A-18s exhaust can blast you overboard? There are thousands of ways people accidentally go overboard. Navy ships are extremely dangerous work environments.

And how long before rescue personnel get to them? Most of my time on a surface ship was in the

flight_deck_colors.jpg

Flight deck personnel don't have any floatations on them? When we did UNREPS on the Savannah, everyone on deck had to have floatation.

And in the North Atlantic, you have about 3 mins in the water before the cold kills them.

But as for fitness, again, women will have a higher % of body fat at the same level of fitness.

Now it's OK to be both fat and queer in the military
Glad I'm fucking retired
President Trump will clean that mess up
Another Obama fucking disaster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be an equal opportunity employer, you have to lower you standards so that every one can participate. It is not only the navy but every branch of government down to your local police force. It s no longer the best and the brightest who get the jobs,

flight_deck_colors.jpg

FYI, all those people are wearing the Mk-1 float coat. So they have floatation with them if they are blown overboard. They will not have to swim to shore. And the rescue personnel with get to them pretty quickly.

Maybe you should read your own line "this is why you shouldnt talk about things you dont understand".

Yes, the Navy has many dangerous work environments. But swimming is not an issue for shore duty personnel, members of the submarine fleet, and other sections of the Nav.

That's discrimination. One standard for women and a much tougher one for men. You libs want equal opportunity or not?
Now I'm a lib? Tell you what, why don't you leave military issues to us military vets who know what we're talking about.

The board notes your non-answer. Address the issue i raised. Why does the navy have easier weight standards for women than for men?. How can that be justified.?

Having boobs throws those 'standards off by themselves. It may be tough to recruit only boobless women. Muscle mass weighs a lot more than fat, especially leg muscles, where women have an advantage over males as well. Combine the two and you have a need for a different standard.

And I have already shown that women have a higher % of body fat at the same level of fitness.

NO ---- idiot. Women do NOT have the same level of fitness. Are they required to do the same number o f pushups and chinups as the men??

To be an equal opportunity employer, you have to lower you standards so that every one can participate. It is not only the navy but every branch of government down to your local police force. It s no longer the best and the brightest who get the jobs,

That's not equal opportunity, it's equal results. We have to give the inferior special treatment in everything.

Forum List

Back