Navy ship named for Gabby Giffords

Feelgood bullshit.

Totally in line with PC though.

Her struggle for recovery no more heroic or worthy of mention than that of millions of GI's across the centuries.
There is also the USS John McCain, named after another politician from Arizona.

There is even the USS Winston Churchill, and he's not even an American.

Plus a whole lot other ships named after women, many who were politicians that never served in the military

List of U.S. military vessels named after women - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

So much for the liberal PC conspiracy.
I know right? :D rw butt hurt tinfoilers :boohoo:

There are plenty of more-appropriate namesakes than Gabby Giffords.

Offhand...Senator (formerly Captain) Daniel Inouye, Bronze Star, Purple Heart, Medal of Honor.

Gabby's claim to fame is getting shot because she didn't demand security from the city of Tucson or Pima county sheriff's office. When that warrants getting a vessel named after you, we're building too many ships. :eusa_snooty:

Your Weekly LCS Update: Still an Embarrassment
LCS 10 is the Navy's 5th Independence-class aluminum trimaran. They're built down in Mobile, Ala. None has ever done an overseas deployment.
— Phil Ewing (@philewing) June 11, 2015
LCS-1 of the FREEDOM class was commissioned in NOV '08. (I like commission dates vice christening, so let's go with that). LCS-2 of the INDEPENDENCE class followed 2-yrs later in DEC 10. That class has the even numbers. Only LCS-4 has been commissioned, LCS-6, 8, and 10 are all "fitting out." Unlike the LCS-1 class that has at least shown the flag in WESTPAC, in over 5-years not a single INDEPENDENCE class has even done that.

For reference; five years after the commissioning of FFG-7, 26 of that class had been commissioned with many full-on deployments. DD-963? Well, 30 of the 31. CDR Salamander Your Weekly LCS Update Still an Embarrassment

Oh, and looky, looky!! You can get all umbraged up over this one, too!!!

USS Ronald Reagan - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Commissioned in 2001, while Reagan was still alive.

Tsk, tsk.

Unseemly, what?!?!?
leave it to rw hack grl to use the "its not wrong when we do it" tactic. Her, tipsy, foxfye, etc... are SERIOUS rw kool aid :wine: drinkers :thup:

Leave it to you hacks to assume that disapproval of one thing means approval of it.

Please find a post where I approved of naming either ship.

Ok, here is your chance to say that you disapprove of naming those two warships after Reagan and Bush 41.

She already said it. You smokin' the good shit today, boy?

Uhm, no. I enlightened her as to the fact that not just one, but rather, two massive Aircraft Carriers of the US military have been named after US Presidents, both of whom were/are Republican, btw, while they were/are still living. And then she went silent.

Nice try. I love watching Righties try to squirm their way out of stupid stuff. It's totally fun!!!

So, once again, boedicca , is it "unseemly" that the USS Reagan and the USS George H. W. Bush were built, commissioned and put into service while both of these former presidents were (in the case of Reagan) or are still (in the case of Bush) living? Hmmmmm?

There's also The USS Jimmy Carter and the USS Bill Clinton.

ultimately who gives a shit?

What the hell did Vice Admiral Cullom say? "Courage comes in many forms, physical, mental, spiritual and (freaking) political"? A Vice Admiral has no business commenting on "political courage". As a matter of fact it might be a violation of the UCMJ for a member of the Military to comment on political issues. Giffords was shot by a maniac while she was giving a speech. She showed no physical, mental spiritual or political courage except the will to survive. About 900 heroes died in Afghanistan since Giffords was injured and there were at least two Medal of Honor awarded to Marines since Giffords was shot. Since the USMC is technically part of the Navy I take it as a personal insult that t Vice Admiral would comment on "political courage" instead of acknowledging the ultimate sacrifice illustrating courage above and beyond the call of duty. They should have named the ship after a Medal of Honor recipient.
you serve? When, where?

Is that all ya got? Did I serve? Yeah I served but why does it matter?

Forum List

Back