Stupid america names naval ship after SHOOTING VICTIM!!!

An unusually appropriate name as all the ship is capable of is breaking down or getting sunk.........Sorta like laying a curse on it.

I don't have any issue with this. I don't agree with the women's fucked up politics but she was a Congresswoman who was shot. The Milk thing is complete bullshit though.
The Navy had a hard time finding someone that got shot?
They could name some boats after some SEALs who made the ultimate sacrifice and that would be awesome but the majority of those guys don't do what they do for recognition. All I'm saying is I don't get the uproar over petty shit like this.

I don't have any issue with this. I don't agree with the women's fucked up politics but she was a Congresswoman who was shot. The Milk thing is complete bullshit though.
The Navy had a hard time finding someone that got shot?
They could name some boats after some SEALs who made the ultimate sacrifice and that would be awesome but the majority of those guys don't do what they do for recognition. All I'm saying is I don't get the uproar over petty shit like this.
I don't either but lefties politicize everything and this is lame. Lots of other people to name it after besides the poster gal for gun grabbers.

Crazy thinking
Let's name a warship after a person that wants to disarm America

its just wussiness , funny is what it is . Mostly affects the future as I recognize this is mrobamas opinion of his EMPLOYEES in the USA navy/ military forces .

What is so heroic about being shot? Obozo and his brainstorms.

The Gabby: Navy to Commission USS Gabrielle Giffords | RealClearDefense

dec 27 2016 MOBILE, Ala. — A naval program that has become a target for critics is preparing to commission a new vessel named after a well-known shooting survivor.

Constructed by Austal USA in Mobile, Alabama, the USS Gabrielle Giffords has completed testing in the Gulf of Mexico and is scheduled to be commissioned in mid-2017. The company handed over the $475 million ship to the Navy on Friday.

Giffords, the former Arizona congresswoman who was shot in the head during an assassination attempt in 2011, helped christen the ship in 2015. It's part of a hotly debated program that congressional critics slam as flawed and too expensive but that Navy leaders defend as a critical new step in naval warfighting
We need a USS Gabby like I need a hole in the head.
The RW can put targets all over it.
They need to have a USS Democrat...it would be over budget and sink.

We should also commission a USS Our Father that we can blast ISIS with.

I don't know. She was on the Armed Services house committee and a "blue dog" Democrat. It's not that much of a stretch. I believe it is up to USN to decide names.

Forum List

Back