Navy ship named for Gabby Giffords

Feelgood bullshit.

Totally in line with PC though.

Her struggle for recovery no more heroic or worthy of mention than that of millions of GI's across the centuries.
ummm..... her husband is career military. She stuck by him through thick & thin unlike your bub- BullKurtz who cut 'n ran after what? 3 years or so he claims :thup:
What are you babbling about?

It's rather unseemly to name ships, monuments, building etc. after living current and former politicians.

The one exception is presidential libraries.

Oh, and looky, looky!! You can get all umbraged up over this one, too!!!

USS Ronald Reagan - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Commissioned in 2001, while Reagan was still alive.

Tsk, tsk.

Unseemly, what?!?!?
leave it to rw hack grl to use the "its not wrong when we do it" tactic. Her, tipsy, foxfye, etc... are SERIOUS rw kool aid :wine: drinkers :thup:

Leave it to you hacks to assume that disapproval of one thing means approval of it.

Please find a post where I approved of naming either ship.

Ok, here is your chance to say that you disapprove of naming those two warships after Reagan and Bush 41.

It's rather unseemly to name ships, monuments, building etc. after living current and former politicians.

Tsk, tsk.

Unseemly, what?!?!?
leave it to rw hack grl to use the "its not wrong when we do it" tactic. Her, tipsy, foxfye, etc... are SERIOUS rw kool aid :wine: drinkers :thup:

Leave it to you hacks to assume that disapproval of one thing means approval of it.

Ok, here is your chance to say that you disapprove of naming those two warships after Reagan and Bush 41.

emot_munch.gif

What the hell did Vice Admiral Cullom say? "Courage comes in many forms, physical, mental, spiritual and (freaking) political"? A Vice Admiral has no business commenting on "political courage". As a matter of fact it might be a violation of the UCMJ for a member of the Military to comment on political issues. Giffords was shot by a maniac while she was giving a speech. She showed no physical, mental spiritual or political courage except the will to survive. About 900 heroes died in Afghanistan since Giffords was injured and there were at least two Medal of Honor awarded to Marines since Giffords was shot. Since the USMC is technically part of the Navy I take it as a personal insult that a Vice Admiral would comment on "political courage" instead of acknowledging the ultimate sacrifice illustrating courage above and beyond the call of duty. They should have named the ship after a Medal of Honor recipient.

Last edited:
What the hell did Vice Admiral Cullom say? "Courage comes in many forms, physical, mental, spiritual and (freaking) political"? A Vice Admiral has no business commenting on "political courage". As a matter of fact it might be a violation of the UCMJ for a member of the Military to comment on political issues. Giffords was shot by a maniac while she was giving a speech. She showed no physical, mental spiritual or political courage except the will to survive. About 900 heroes died in Afghanistan since Giffords was injured and there were at least two Medal of Honor awarded to Marines since Giffords was shot. Since the USMC is technically part of the Navy I take it as a personal insult that t Vice Admiral would comment on "political courage" instead of acknowledging the ultimate sacrifice illustrating courage above and beyond the call of duty. They should have named the ship after a Medal of Honor recipient.
you serve? When, where?

Tsk, tsk.

Unseemly, what?!?!?

Serious question: are you intelligent enough to understand why replying to her posts with this bullshit makes no sense?

Tsk, tsk.

Unseemly, what?!?!?

She already said it. You smokin' the good shit today, boy?

Tsk, tsk.

Unseemly, what?!?!?

She already said it. You smokin' the good shit today, boy?

Uhm, no. I enlightened her as to the fact that not just one, but rather, two massive Aircraft Carriers of the US military have been named after US Presidents, both of whom were/are Republican, btw, while they were/are still living. And then she went silent.

Nice try. I love watching Righties try to squirm their way out of stupid stuff. It's totally fun!!!

So, once again, boedicca , is it "unseemly" that the USS Reagan and the USS George H. W. Bush were built, commissioned and put into service while both of these former presidents were (in the case of Reagan) or are still (in the case of Bush) living? Hmmmmm?

Giffords joined others including Jill Biden, wife of Vice President Joe Biden, as the USS Gabrielle Giffords was christened in coastal Alabama. The 419-foot ship was built at the Austal shipyard and is the Navy's 10th littoral combat ship designed to operate in shallow waters near the coast.

I wonder who got the payoff to shove this through?

Giffords joined others including Jill Biden, wife of Vice President Joe Biden, as the USS Gabrielle Giffords was christened in coastal Alabama. The 419-foot ship was built at the Austal shipyard and is the Navy's 10th littoral combat ship designed to operate in shallow waters near the coast.

I wonder who got the payoff to shove this through?
what are you talking about n00b?

Since she is a gun grabber, did they remove any offensive weapons from the ship......?

Biden was the ship's sponsor and Cullom said her spirit will guide the vessel while it is in service. Biden called the ship a feat of engineering excellence.

"As a military mom, there is no one I would rather be with than you here today, the ones who stepped up to serve," Biden said, also adding, "Gabby represents the same qualities the Navy embodies."

Giffords was chosen as the vessel's namesake because of the characteristics she exemplified after the attack, officials said.

"Courage comes in many, many forms — physical, mental, spiritual and political. Gabby has truly modeled courage and resilience," said Vice Admiral Philip Cullom, deputy chief of Naval operations for fleet readiness and logistics.

"In congress I was proud to support our armed forces. I love the Navy — I even married a sailor," Giffords said as she kissed her husband Mark Kelly, a retired Navy captain and astronaut who stood by as she addressed the crowd. "Thank you to all who built this ship. She's stealthy; she will defend freedom around the world."

Navy Ship Christened for Former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords - NBC News

Feelgood bullshit.

Totally in line with PC though.

Her struggle for recovery no more heroic or worthy of mention than that of millions of GI's across the centuries.
There is also the USS John McCain, named after another politician from Arizona.

There is even the USS Winston Churchill, and he's not even an American.

Plus a whole lot other ships named after women, many who were politicians that never served in the military

List of U.S. military vessels named after women - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

So much for the liberal PC conspiracy.

Last edited:

Tsk, tsk.

Unseemly, what?!?!?

Serious question: are you intelligent enough to understand why replying to her posts with this bullshit makes no sense?

Clearly, the answer is NO, but he is not intelligent enough to realize it.

Tsk, tsk.

Unseemly, what?!?!?

Clearly, the answer is NO, but he is not intelligent enough to realize it.
Yeah, riiiight....

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Forum List

Back