Nazis were Catholic?

dingbat, your first three paragraphs are a TERRIFIC introduction to
----"INTRO TO RELIGION 101" --------but I am no longer 20 years
old. HOWEVER-----your first paragraph does nothing for me as an
intro to PHYSICIS 101. -------always answer the burning question
every 20 year old asks ------"DO WE HAVE TO KNOW CALCULUS"?
Thank you for proving my point that the Jewish people have lost the original meaning of the Torah.

If you don't understand that the first two chapters tell you that spirit created the material world and that man is a product of that creation, you don't stand a chance of understanding anything else that was written.

If you are looking for the reason why so many Jewish people have become atheists, look no further for the reason.

dingbat-----your post is more OVER THE TOP in terms of utter
stupidity than is your usual output. I did not even discuss my
PERSONAL OPINION on the content or meaning of "the first two
chapters" In fact----I am not sure what you mean by a bible "chapter" Is all of "genesis" ONE CHAPTER?-------MOST OF ALL----your concept that I represent
"DA JOOOISH PEOPLE"------is silly. I did not even go to "Hebrew school" ----
I see you have no counter argument.

View attachment 238034

counter argument to WHAT? your contention that jews do not
understand the first "chapter" of the bible? How do you know
what jews understand? I am a jew----I studied Hebrew as a
LANGUAGE (secular) in my mid teens. Genesis is written in
simple Hebrew-----especially the "IN THE BEGINNING...." part.
I read it and came to the conclusion that it could be read ONLY in
the original Hebrew------otherwise you do not know WTF it says.
------as to your "POINT" what is it?
Well you guys tell us what is says and we call BULLSHIT. Except for when most of you admit it's all allegories.

the original Hebrew---
---otherwise you do not know WTF it says.

it could be read ONLY in the original Hebrew--- otherwise you do not know WTF it says

that is why the religion was passed down orally or does your claim own that as well ... from antiquity.

"THE SPOKEN RELIGION OF ANTIQUITY" <,,,,,,,,,,that? which one was that?

what was "passed down orally"??? the first page of the book
called "genesis"?----------everyone, simply, memorized it? It is nice
poetry-------but it is not a nursery rhyme

what was "passed down orally"???

the spoken Religion of Antiquity -

what should have been the religion, not the history lesson - is that found only in your language ... whichever in whatever form fancied by your community.

oh----I am fascinated How were the first 11 chapters of the Torah
"intended" to be understood------and by whom?
You are Jewish and you don’t know?

As ancient man’s recording of actual events and selected wisdoms which were passed down orally for thousands of years; from one generation to the next until they were put down in writing.

probably----no one knows the details-------your explanation is vague
enough to cover every scriptural writing in existence
The first five books of the Bible (known as the Torah) were written by Moses - an adopted son of the king of Egypt - in approximately 1400 B.C.. These five books focus on the beginning of the nation of Israel; but the first 11 chapters of the Torah records the history that all nations have in common. These allegorical accounts of the history of the world had been passed down from generation to generation orally for thousands of years. Moses did not write the first 11 chapters of the Bible. Moses was the first Hebrew to record them.

Approximately 1500 years before Moses recorded the allegorical accounts of the history of the world. The Chinese recorded this history as symbols in the Chinese language. They drew pictures to express words or ideas. Simple pictures were combined to make more complex thoughts. They used well known history and common everyday things to make a word so people could easily remember it. The account of Genesis found it's way into the Chinese written language because the Chinese had migrated from the cradle of civilization. Prior to this migration they all shared a common history and religion.

The Torah even explains how it was possible for the Chinese to record the account of Genesis 1500 years before Moses recorded it. The account of the Tower of Babel was the allegorical account of the great migration from Mesopotamia. This also explains why all ancient cultures have an account of a great flood. Because they all shared a common history and religion before the great migration from the cradle of civilization.

So if we start from the belief that the first eleven chapters of the Torah are an allegorical account of world history before the great migration from Mesopotamia - which was an actual historical event - then the first eleven chapters of the Torah takes on new meaning. Seen in this light these accounts should be viewed less like fairy tales and more like how important information was passed down in ancient times. Just as the Chinese used well known history and everyday things as symbols in their written language to make words easier to remember, ancient man used stories to pass down historical events and important knowledge to future generations. Interspersed in these allegorical accounts of history are wisdoms that they deemed important enough to pass down and remember. Such as man knows right from wrong and when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong he rationalizes he didn't do wrong. Most people don't even realize this wisdom is in the Torah because they read it critically instead of searching for the wisdom that ancient man knew and found important enough to include in his account of world history.

We have to keep in mind that these accounts are 6,000 years old and were passed down orally from one generation to the next for thousands of years. Surely ancient man believed these accounts were of the utmost importance otherwise they would not have been passed down for thousands of years before they were recorded in writing. We shouldn't view these accounts using the context of the modern world. Unfortunately, we are so far removed from these events that we have lost all original meaning. If you were to ask almost any Jew what the Tower of Babel was about he would have no clue that it was the allegorical account of the great migration from the cradle of civilization. That is not intended to be a criticism. It is intended to be an illustration of just how difficult a task it is to discover the original meaning from ancient accounts from 6,000 years ago. We read these texts like they were written yesterday looking for ways to discredit them and make ourselves feel superior rather than seeking the original meaning and wisdom.
You mean this Jewish person doesn't even know this stuff? Wow! I mean WOW. And she's trying to act like I'm the ignorant one.

what "stuff"?
Forget it. I'll just watch Ding hand you your ass in your Yarmulke.

Since the Torah is the blueprint of existence, it’s rather obvious that existence must become what the Torah dictates.
There is no allegory and every phrase in the Torah is just as relevant to my life today as it was from the first moment of creation.
By the way, the “spirit” is a creation, not the Creator.
The G-d of Abraham literally is spirit. Creation is the material world.

[
Since the Torah is the blueprint of existence, it’s rather obvious that existence must become what the Torah dictates.
There is no allegory and every phrase in the Torah is just as relevant to my life today as it was from the first moment of creation.

literally? nope-----literally-----it is "GOD OF ABRAHAM" not
spirit--------the translation "god of Abraham"----is accurate in that it
closely approximates the words used

dingy-----what you are calling "SPIRIT" -----is called SHKHINAH
in Hebrew------which Independent correctly terms a----a sorta "DIVINE
CONSTRUCT" according to Jewish theology-----got it?

Nope...the spirit is just one created manifestation of God’s desired method of interfacing with his creation.
God is not related to, nor dependent on any created entity.

Nope...the spirit is just one created manifestation of God’s desired method of interfacing with his creation.
I didn’t say the G-d of Abraham is related to or dependent on the material world. Quite the opposite. The G-d of Abraham is independent of the material world. The material world is dependent upon the G-d of Abraham as the G-d of Abraham created the material world.

dingy-----what you are calling "SPIRIT" -----is called SHKHINAH
in Hebrew------which Independent correctly terms a----a sorta "DIVINE
CONSTRUCT" according to Jewish theology-----got it?
The G-d of Abraham isn’t like us. He isn’t made of matter and energy like us. There is no thing that can describe the G-d of Abraham because the G-d of Abraham is no thing.

The closest we can come to describing the G-d of Abraham is consciousness without form.

I didn’t say the G-d of Abraham is related to or dependent on the material world. Quite the opposite. The G-d of Abraham is independent of the material world. The material world is dependent upon the G-d of Abraham as the G-d of Abraham created the material world.
You stated that the “Spirit of God” was God.
This is incorrect.
God has no attributes as attributes would deny the oneness of the Creator.
Not even Moshe was granted the knowledge of God’s “Kavod” because God cannot be understood by any of His creations.

the original Hebrew---

it could be read ONLY in the original Hebrew--- otherwise you do not know WTF it says

that is why the religion was passed down orally or does your claim own that as well ... from antiquity.

what should have been the religion, not the history lesson - is that found only in your language ... whichever in whatever form fancied by your community.

But I do agree with you guys that Jesus was just a man.

jesus was a prophet ...

the original Hebrew---

jesus was a prophet ...
Cool story bro...
Do you understand anything about prophecy?

jesus was a prophet ...
Cool story bro...

oh, have you a clue ...

jesus was a prophet ...
Cool story bro...

oh, have you a clue ...
No one born post 2nd Temple has a clue.
We do know that a prophesy is vague and a prophet has to relate his/her prophecy to Torah scholars in order to take a stab at what it means.
The only prophet who did not need to confer with others was Moshe.
Regardless of one’s separation from worldly matters,
prophecy is a gift.
Prophecy is not granted to one when not in a serene state.

This is incorrect.
Not even Moshe was granted the knowledge of God’s “Kavod” because God cannot be understood by any of His creations.
No. I don’t believe I did state that.

I agree that we cannot understand the nature of the G-d of Abraham. I said the closest we can come is consciousness without form. Which is an acknowledgment of our limitations not his.

This is incorrect.
No. I don’t believe I did state that.

I agree that we cannot understand the nature of the G-d of Abraham. I said the closest we can come is consciousness without form. Which is an acknowledgment of our limitations not his.
Why do you say the “God of Abraham”?.
Avraham, Yitchak and Yaakov each had a different relationship with God based on their perception of God’s manifestation in the world.
God is God.

This is incorrect.
I believe God is existence.

Forum List

Back