NBA Tonight

Nate McMillan did a pretty good job on Jordan. It would have been fun to see Bowen or Kawhi going at Jordan.
Bowen was a good defensive player.

Also a good villain. His flying karate kick to Wally's face :lmao:

But seriously, Bowen is top five defensive perimeter player of all-time. He was a revolutionary force. Wing defensive players weren't such a valued commodity before him.

Nate McMillan did a pretty good job on Jordan. It would have been fun to see Bowen or Kawhi going at Jordan.

But seriously, Bowen is top five defensive perimeter player of all-time. He was a revolutionary force. Wing defensive players weren't such a valued commodity before him.

Bowen is top 5 but he wasnt revolutionary. Pippen was revolutionary and thats why Bowen was valued. Everyone wanted a Pippen clone.

Bowen is top 5 but he wasnt revolutionary. Pippen was revolutionary and thats why Bowen was valued. Everyone wanted a Pippen clone.

Pippen was very important to the Bulls; some argue more important MJ.

Not saying anything bad on Pippen. He was a stud on defense. But what I meant is that the term Kobe stopper, etc was invented cos of guys like Bowen. Before Nate McMillan and later Bowen, limited offensive players like them weren't getting starting roles and big minutes.

Though, for the record this is what Larry Bird thought of Scottie and MJ's defense:

Not saying anything bad on Pippen. He was a stud on defense. But what I meant is that the term Kobe stopper, etc was invented cos of guys like Bowen. Before Nate McMillan and later Bowen, limited offensive players like them weren't getting starting roles and big minutes.

Though, for the record this is what Larry Bird thought of Scottie and MJ's defense:

I watched the clip and I never heard him say what he thought about their defense. He did say this about Pippen though

"Pippen will always be remembered for his tenacious defense, among other things. Bird admitted Pippen was one of the toughest he ever faced on that end of the floor, saying: “He was one of the best. He and Michael Cooper gave me the most problems.”

I watched the clip and I never heard him say what he thought about their defense. He did say this about Pippen though

"Pippen will always be remembered for his tenacious defense, among other things. Bird admitted Pippen was one of the toughest he ever faced on that end of the floor, saying: “He was one of the best. He and Michael Cooper gave me the most problems.”

Most likely, Bird told Pippen he was going to hit the shot in his face. The only question is whether he called out the spot too like he did with X-Man.

Most likely, Bird told Pippen he was going to hit the shot in his face. The only question is whether he called out the spot too like he did with X-Man.

Bird was a pompous asshole but he backed up his shit talk on the court.

Why you think Jordan talked so much? He wanted to be like Larry. He probably ripped his like Mike campaign from that.

Why you think Jordan talked so much? He wanted to be like Larry. He probably ripped his like Mike campaign from that.

MJ didnt talk because he wanted to be like Larry. Larry talked because he was emulating the Black players. Thats what Black players do to gain a mental advantage.

MJ didnt talk because he wanted to be like Larry. Larry talked because he was emulating the Black players. Thats what Black players do to gain a mental advantage.

MJ actually recruited LB (offered a ton of money) to be a part of the like Mike campaign. It was easy money; and LB turned it down. LB talked because he knew he was the man, PERIOD.

Emulating black players.... :lmao:

MJ actually recruited LB (offered a ton of money) to be a part of the like Mike campaign. It was easy money; and LB turned it down. LB talked because he knew he was the man, PERIOD.

Yes he was emulating Black players. I have met very few white guys that talk trash on the court. All of them learned it from Black guys.

Yes he was emulating Black players. I have met very few white guys that talk trash on the court. All of them learned it from Black guys.

Black guys maybe talk the most trash on the court; but they hardly invented it.

But I do wish more white guys would talk. I think some of them would be better for it. Some of them are too nice for their own good. They fail to realize that talking gets the competitive juices flowing and gets into their opponent's head, which is why LB talked; not because he had some desire to 'act black.'

But I do wish more white guys would talk. I think some of them would be better for it. Some of them are too nice for their own good. They fail to realize that talking gets the competitive juices flowing and gets into their opponent's head, which is why LB talked; not because he had some desire to 'act black.'

I didnt say he did it to act Black. Larry Bird was a white white boy hillbilly from French Lick Indiana. I said he saw the value of it playing with Black guys. Thats where he learned it from.

I didnt say he did it to act Black. Larry Bird was a white white boy hillbilly from French Lick Indiana. I said he saw the value of it playing with Black guys. Thats where he learned it from.

Chicken or the egg. Larry played with black talkers. He would have likely been a talker either way.

Yea with magic worthy and Kareem or with Kobe and shaq.

God magic was great though. Showtime.
Magic was the Bob Gibson of basketball.
Magic made me start playing basketball. I owe him alot.
I was a great assist point guard. Wasn't a great shot so took a lot of pride in setting people up. I owe it to magic. He made assists cool. Being the fascillitator. Actually a couple years ago I played a pick up game. Me and 4 13 year olds vs 5 15 year olds and we won. I only made 1 basket but set those kids up with perfect passes so they had wide open shots.

I know there are other better assist men but magic made it cool. Looking one way then passing to a guy the other way.

Only magic wasn't doing it because he was a bad shot. I'd rather people high five me for the great pass and not be mad at me for missing a shot I should have taken. Lol

I miss the great D. Bad boys spurs bulls. They rarely scored over 100. Today teams score over 100 too much. No great D's. Miami wasn't great at D. Was Kobe's Lakers or Dirk's mavs good defensive teams?

Are the Warriors or clippers or atlant or cavs great defensive teams? Remember how "dirty" the bad boys were? Loved it.

Remember someone always fouled out of a game or at least came close? I dont see that anymore.

I miss the great D. Bad boys spurs bulls. They rarely scored over 100. Today teams score over 100 too much. No great D's. Miami wasn't great at D. Was Kobe's Lakers or Dirk's mavs good defensive teams?

Are the Warriors or clippers or atlant or cavs great defensive teams? Remember how "dirty" the bad boys were? Loved it.

Remember someone always fouled out of a game or at least came close? I dont see that anymore.

Stern changed the rules specifically for Jordan (or he never would have gotten those three peats). The Bad Boys and early 90's Knicks teams were bad ass.

Stern changed the rules specifically for Jordan (or he never would have gotten those three peats). The Bad Boys and early 90's Knicks teams were bad ass.

Can't believe Ewing never won a ring. Or Reggie miller,.morning,. Barkley, Carl Malone, Gary Payton.

I know mourning won but he was a bench player then with shaq and wade.

Jordan ruined a lot of legacies and I dont think stern gave the bulls all those rings. It would have done the ratings good if Jordan had a rival.

Its not a rivalry if Jordan wins every time.

Can't believe Ewing never won a ring. Or Reggie miller,.morning,. Barkley, Carl Malone, Gary Payton.

I know mourning won but he was a bench player then with shaq and wade.

Jordan ruined a lot of legacies and I dont think stern gave the bulls all those rings. It would have done the ratings good if Jordan had a rival.

Its not a rivalry if Jordan wins every time.

Agreed; except Payton did get a cheapie with the Heat. I think in a fairly officiated league, most or all of those players would have gotten rings. But MJ was a ratings blitz for the league and they had every incentive to cater to him and keep the rings rolling in. People forget that there were a lot of teams that were just better than those Bulls teams that won in those 90's. Six rings defied logic/math. Stern was always aiding and abetting. Only the Jordan jockers deny that.

Though, a quick note on Barkley; he could've won rings had he committed more to fitness. In 92, it is widely acknowledged that Barkley was the most dominant force on the Dream Team.

Forum List

Back