NBA Tonight

What about jerry? I hoped him and grant hill could be like mj and pippen but it didn't work. But jerry could ball.

He's the perfect example of how if you dont win a championship for us in Detroit I hardly remember you.

Did stack house win in Dallas with dirk?
Dallas only won once.

They couldn't do it with Adrian Dantley and they couldn't do it with Mark Aguire.
They were pistons before that.

What about Bob Love and Chet Walker. Those two Bulls were nothing to mess with.
Are you afraid of a guy named Butterbean?

Chet the Jet didn't have to fight, he was just cool.

What about the Big E or Spencer Haywood?

Maurice was one tough ball player, his standing up to the Sixers in game 2 was the turn around series in 77.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many times have we heard that out of Minnesota?

Not very often over the last 10 years.. You should keep up with sports a little better.

On the sports boards the Wolves fans claim this almost every year. Hell one year after the Blazers drafted LA a Wolves fan went on and on how great the Wolves were going to be. They thought Love was the difference maker.

Let me know when you get another .500 season sport.
0+

Well they were wrong. Love wasn't a team player and his defense sucked. Most knowledgeable fans knew that, but just like partisans, some look at only one side, their side after eating up the Wolves marketing sales pitches. Some folks will believe anything if it makes them feel good.
It'll probably be a couple of years down the pike before they hit .500 ball.

And as soon as the kids can get out of Minnesota, they will leave, just like everyone else. Garnett was an exception.

Maybe, maybe not.
Garnett did not want to get traded in 2007, he wanted to stay. Kevin Love on the other hand was mishandled. He would have stuck around if the Wolves had given him a five year max contract, Minnesota chose to offer him four years. And that all happened while David Kahn was GM. The world knows that David Kahn was probably one of the worse GM's in the history of the NBA.
Stephon Marbury left Minny because he wanted to be the number one stud, with KG there, Marbury was never be "the
Now why don't you name me all these guys who bailed out of Minny? Also, isn't true that even the major markets have had stars leave, such as LA? So, exactly what are you implying?
Also, where exactly is your city.
I think we could have an interesting discussion, even with your negative attitude.

Not negative, just stating reality.

The Lakers lost Howard. That was it. Go back and see which player voluntarily left the Lakers

Not sure what difference it makes who my team is, it doesn't change the fact Minnesota will not keep their players, small cities lose stars all the time. San Antonio is the only consistent small town winner. Watch OKC, they will lose either Durant or Westbrook. Portland is ready to lose Aldridge. When was the last time Minnesota nabbed a top tier free agent? If you are a star do you want to go to Minnesota and enjoy the -20 winters or New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Miami where brand exposure is greater.

Look at the finals this year, it is an anomaly of sorts. Cleveland hasn't been this far since LeBron the home town hero, who left has comeback 2009. Atlanta's first conference finals since 1970 years The Rockets haven't been this far since 1997. Warriors last saw the conference finals in 1976.

Small market teams have a tough time in the NBA, not negative, just reality.

Not very often over the last 10 years.. You should keep up with sports a little better.

On the sports boards the Wolves fans claim this almost every year. Hell one year after the Blazers drafted LA a Wolves fan went on and on how great the Wolves were going to be. They thought Love was the difference maker.

0+

Well they were wrong. Love wasn't a team player and his defense sucked. Most knowledgeable fans knew that, but just like partisans, some look at only one side, their side after eating up the Wolves marketing sales pitches. Some folks will believe anything if it makes them feel good.

And as soon as the kids can get out of Minnesota, they will leave, just like everyone else. Garnett was an exception.

Maybe, maybe not.
Garnett did not want to get traded in 2007, he wanted to stay. Kevin Love on the other hand was mishandled. He would have stuck around if the Wolves had given him a five year max contract, Minnesota chose to offer him four years. And that all happened while David Kahn was GM. The world knows that David Kahn was probably one of the worse GM's in the history of the NBA.
Stephon Marbury left Minny because he wanted to be the number one stud, with KG there, Marbury was never be "the
Now why don't you name me all these guys who bailed out of Minny? Also, isn't true that even the major markets have had stars leave, such as LA? So, exactly what are you implying?
I think we could have an interesting discussion, even with your negative attitude.

The Lakers lost Howard. That was it. Go back and see which player voluntarily left the Lakers

Not sure what difference it makes who my team is, it doesn't change the fact Minnesota will not keep their players, small cities lose stars all the time. San Antonio is the only consistent small town winner. Watch OKC, they will lose either Durant or Westbrook. Portland is ready to lose Aldridge. When was the last time Minnesota nabbed a top tier free agent? If you are a star do you want to go to Minnesota and enjoy the -20 winters or New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Miami where brand exposure is greater.

Look at the finals this year, it is an anomaly of sorts. Cleveland hasn't been this far since LeBron the home town hero, who left has comeback 2009. Atlanta's first conference finals since 1970 years The Rockets haven't been this far since 1997. Warriors last saw the conference finals in 1976.

Oh, I understand the major market versus the small market and also the weather thing that some folks like to expound. And there is some truism to that.
I was born in New Zealand, came to the US when I was six, lived a few years in Southern Cal but basically grew up in The Bay Area and I also lived in Seattle. I transferred to the University of Minnesota after a couple of years at San Jose State.
I then moved back to the West Coast. And how I ended back in Minny was just pure luck. Now I really love living here. The Twin Cites have been called the best in America and attractive for young adults. The main reason is the quality of life. It's not a cow town, it's very cosmopolitan and vibrant, especially for young professionals. By the way, Twin Cities are not a small market, Minneapolis is a mid-market. We do after all have professional baseball, football, hockey and basketball here, plus a Big Ten college venue.
The weather can be an issue but a person adjusts.
Here's a link to one of the many very positive articles about Minneapolis.
The Miracle of Minneapolis - The Atlantic
The culture of the Timberwolves has changed since Flip Saunders return and even more so since KG's return. KG isn't the player he used to be by any stretch of the imagination, but he's a terrific mentor and teacher. It's a fact that both Wiggens and LaVine contribute their late season improvement to KG.
David Kahn basically destroyed the Wolves future by his lack of knowledge about he game of basketball, plus his abrasive approach with dealing with players.
Regarding large markets/vs smaller markets, has that hurt San Antonio or Memphis? Has the weather hurt Toronto, Detroit or Chicago? And then Cleveland isn't the greatest city in the world by any stretch.
Endorsement money, the Twin Cites are home to several high profile Fortune 500 companies. Secondly, if a player's skill's lift them to superstar status, the player could live in Siberia and still get major endorsements.
True, Minneapolis isn't New York or LA but as we have seen, both cities aren't attracting the big name stars they used to because their organizations are screwed up. Players want to play for good organizations. San Antonio and Memphis are great examples of that. And many players don't want to but up with the pressures ,of the biggest stages in the NBA.
So, I see where you are coming from but I see parts of your argument partial correct but not absolutely true.
OH and you forget Pau Gasol leaving LA for Chicago.

Enjoy Minneapolis, let me know when you sign a top free agent.

What about the Big E or Spencer Haywood?

Maurice was one tough ball player, his standing up to the Sixers in game 2 was the turn around series in 77.

I'd be more afraid of Unseld, than Elvin.

I'm still pissed off at Haywood for beating the Lakers with only one second left on the clock.

So it looks like its going to be cleveland vs golden state. Who know how golden state is going to do against lebron and crew. I hope and think golden state will dominate but I could see the games being close and lebron taking over.

I could also see curry being the MVP of the finals.

What I can't see is Atlanta or rockets in the finals, but I've been wrong before.

0+

Maybe, maybe not.

Oh, I understand the major market versus the small market and also the weather thing that some folks like to expound. And there is some truism to that.
I was born in New Zealand, came to the US when I was six, lived a few years in Southern Cal but basically grew up in The Bay Area and I also lived in Seattle. I transferred to the University of Minnesota after a couple of years at San Jose State.
I then moved back to the West Coast. And how I ended back in Minny was just pure luck. Now I really love living here. The Twin Cites have been called the best in America and attractive for young adults. The main reason is the quality of life. It's not a cow town, it's very cosmopolitan and vibrant, especially for young professionals. By the way, Twin Cities are not a small market, Minneapolis is a mid-market. We do after all have professional baseball, football, hockey and basketball here, plus a Big Ten college venue.
The culture of the Timberwolves has changed since Flip Saunders return and even more so since KG's return. KG isn't the player he used to be by any stretch of the imagination, but he's a terrific mentor and teacher. It's a fact that both Wiggens and LaVine contribute their late season improvement to KG.
David Kahn basically destroyed the Wolves future by his lack of knowledge about he game of basketball, plus his abrasive approach with dealing with players.
Regarding large markets/vs smaller markets, has that hurt San Antonio or Memphis? Has the weather hurt Toronto, Detroit or Chicago? And then Cleveland isn't the greatest city in the world by any stretch.
Endorsement money, the Twin Cites are home to several high profile Fortune 500 companies. Secondly, if a player's skill's lift them to superstar status, the player could live in Siberia and still get major endorsements.
True, Minneapolis isn't New York or LA but as we have seen, both cities aren't attracting the big name stars they used to because their organizations are screwed up. Players want to play for good organizations. San Antonio and Memphis are great examples of that. And many players don't want to but up with the pressures ,of the biggest stages in the NBA.
So, I see where you are coming from but I see parts of your argument partial correct but not absolutely true.

The future looks hopeful in Utah and Minny. I like those two young teams.

The T-Wolves have had health problems with Rubio and Big Pek.

Pekovic might be done, or a shadow of his former self. But Pek's foot problems gave Gorgui Dieng a chance to start last year and he played well. Throw in Garnett for a dozen minutes and you'll likely draft a 19 year old like Karl Towns with the bullet.

At PF, you've got former #1 overall pick Anthony Bennett. He's only 22 and has time to redeem himself from bust status. At 6'10" with that tough MSU mentality, Adreian Payne looks like the real future at PF. Then, of course, you can play Garnett here too.

Wiggins is your SF and the Love trade continues to look better and better. Too bad he only got to play 31 games with Rubio. You've got yet another 22 year old in Shabazz Muhammad, the 14th pick of the 2013 draft.

Zach LaVine can play both guard positions. Kevin Martin is still under contract. With Rubio's fragility, the T-Wolves need to find some guards somewhere. You don't win without good starting guards and a couple of guys on the bench. If I'm the T-Wolves, I'd think about skipping Towns and Okafor and take D'Angelo Russell. Maybe work a trade to switch picks with L.A..

0+

Maybe, maybe not.

The future looks hopeful in Utah and Minny. I like those two young teams.

The T-Wolves have had health problems with Rubio and Big Pek.

Pekovic might be done, or a shadow of his former self. But Pek's foot problems gave Gorgui Dieng a chance to start last year and he played well. Throw in Garnett for a dozen minutes and you'll likely draft a 19 year old like Karl Towns with the bullet.

At PF, you've got former #1 overall pick Anthony Bennett. He's only 22 and has time to redeem himself from bust status. At 6'10" with that tough MSU mentality, Adreian Payne looks like the real future at PF. Then, of course, you can play Garnett here too.

Wiggins is your SF and the Love trade continues to look better and better. Too bad he only got to play 31 games with Rubio. You've got yet another 22 year old in Shabazz Muhammad, the 14th pick of the 2013 draft.

Zach LaVine can play both guard positions. Kevin Martin is still under contract. With Rubio's fragility, the T-Wolves need to find some guards somewhere. You don't win without good starting guards and a couple of guys on the bench. If I'm the T-Wolves, I'd think about skipping Towns and Okafor and take D'Angelo Russell. Maybe work a trade to switch picks with L.A..
What about the pistons? Watch out. You didn't see 04 coming.

I know nothing about the Pistons, or any of the cellar dwellers in the East.

I'm so ready for Warriors-Cavs. Everything else is a forgone conclusion.

I know nothing about the Pistons, or any of the cellar dwellers in the East.

I'm so ready for Warriors-Cavs. Everything else is a forgone conclusion.

We could have/should have made the playoffs this year. We showed signs and then tanked at the end. We just aren't playing like a team. That's why we hired VanGundy. We need a few more pieces then we will be a playoff team and THEN we can make another couple moves and be a contender. But I can't deny we are eastern bottom dwellers right now, damn it.

One things for sure. Someone new is going to win a championship. Either Warriors/Cleveland/Houston or Atlanta. I put them in that order of which I think it will happen. I'm predicting Warriors but there is no way for me to know. It's more I hope Curry and Co. can do it. That will be a great rivalry if him and Lebron battle every year along with guys like Durant. We need a champion Curry in the league. Not another decade of Lebron winning 6 rings like MJ did. Give Durant one too while you are at it. I'd love to root for Harden but he has that Dwight guy on his team and that guy aint winnin nuthin. I hope.

Houston with Hakeem in between Jordan's 6 is the last one to win a championship. I know Atlanta probably won with Dominique Wilkins or in the 70's but that was before my time. When did Atlanta ever win a championship? I can't root for Cleveland because I don't want it to be a Lebron year, but I do root/hope for the city of Cleveland and all the other players on his team if they win. I just don't root for Lebron. But if he wins this year there will be more and more talk about him being the greatest. He already is in a lot of ways. MJ is still the best but a few more rings and a decade of him being the face of the NBA and dominating like he does, I don't think anyone will say Jordan is still the best unless they are just Lebron haters.

I can go from being a hater to totally respecting a team. All it took was Duncan beating Lebron and now I'm a Duncan fan, even after what he did to my 2005 Pistons. And I hated on Lebron until he won. I have to admit I've always rooted for Durant. I hated MJ until he retired. Thought Dirk sucked until he won a ring. Hated Ray Allen until he won a ring.

Alan Iverson is not a team player. Know why we say that? Because he single handedly got his team to the finals but then single handedly blew it. Had he won I'd be singing a different tune. And he won game 1 of the finals but then Kobe and Shaq swept him. Reggie Miller? LOSER! Ewing and Barkley? Pussies! LOL

Forum List

Back