NBA Tonight

Neither of those 2 older teams would know what hit them if they played by todays rules.

'74 warriors didnt have a better shooter than Curry. No such person has ever existed in the history of the NBA.
Yeah they did. And he shot a career 91% from the line. He also filled it up from distance in a league that had no 3 point shot.

Neither of those 2 older teams would know what hit them if they played by todays rules.

'74 warriors didnt have a better shooter than Curry. No such person has ever existed in the history of the NBA.
Yeah they did. And he shot a career 91% from the line. He also filled it up from distance in a league that had no 3 point shot.
Curry is at 90% and he isnt even done. No one has filled up it from distance like Curry. Its not even close. Besides Barry wouldnt be able to guard anyone on Dubs now except maybe Brandon Rush.

I'm not so sure, this team is winning by some big numbers against som e good teams. The are playing real good team ball and that front line is getting better.
The '72 Lakers beat a lot of teams by 20 points or more. And the Splash Brothers can't run that fast break if they don't have the ball; I don't think Drayvon can outrebound Wilt. Or Happy Hariston. West is a better clutch shooter than Curry and Goodrich has more "O" than Thompson.

As for the '74 Warriors, they have a better shooter than Curry. And if that isn't enough, two words....

...Clifford Ray.

Barry could light it up with the best of them. Not sure if I'd put Curry there yet. But they are close.

I'm not so sure, this team is winning by some big numbers against som e good teams. The are playing real good team ball and that front line is getting better.
The '72 Lakers beat a lot of teams by 20 points or more. And the Splash Brothers can't run that fast break if they don't have the ball; I don't think Drayvon can outrebound Wilt. Or Happy Hariston. West is a better clutch shooter than Curry and Goodrich has more "O" than Thompson.

As for the '74 Warriors, they have a better shooter than Curry. And if that isn't enough, two words....

...Clifford Ray.

Barry could light it up with the best of them. Not sure if I'd put Curry there yet. But they are close.
Barry is the only person of any credibility that doesnt think Curry is a better shooter than him and he wont even come outright and say it. Instead he says its not fair to compare since people in his era didnt have the 3 point line. Everyone else has long ago conceded Curry is the best shooter the NBA has ever seen. He can do it off the dribble or catch and shoot. No one has been able to do that in the history of the NBA as well as Curry can.

...Clifford Ray.

Barry is the only person of any credibility that doesnt think Curry is a better shooter than him and he wont even come outright and say it. Instead he says its not fair to compare since people in his era didnt have the 3 point line. Everyone else has long ago conceded Curry is the best shooter the NBA has ever seen. He can do it off the dribble or catch and shoot. No one has been able to do that in the history of the NBA as well as Curry can.

Apparently not everyone.

...Clifford Ray.

Apparently not everyone.
Everyone with credibility except Barry.

...Clifford Ray.

Apparently not everyone.
that's your opinion and are entitled to it.

Apparently not everyone.
Its also the opinion of the best shooters the game has ever known. Of course I'm entitled to it. I already knew that.

Apparently not everyone.
Its also the opinion of the best shooters the game has ever known. Of course I'm entitled to it. I already knew that.

no problem sharing opinions.

He hasn't done anything Jerry West didn't do. West could shoot off the dribble, catch and shoot, go to his right or left and was the greatest clutch shooter in the history of the NBA. West was also on the all defensive team 12 out of 14 years.

There were a lot of guys who shot as well as Curry:

• Oscar Robertson
  • George Gervin
  • Nate Archibald
  • Pete Maravich
  • Andrew Toney
  • Isiah Thomas
  • Gail Goodrich
  • Bernard King

He hasn't done anything Jerry West didn't do. West could shoot off the dribble, catch and shoot, go to his right or left and was the greatest clutch shooter in the history of the NBA. West was also on the all defensive team 12 out of 14 years.

There were a lot of guys who shot as well as Curry:

• Oscar Robertson
  • George Gervin
  • Nate Archibald
  • Pete Maravich
  • Andrew Toney
  • Isiah Thomas
  • Gail Goodrich
  • Bernard King
None of them shot as well as Curry including Jerry West. I saw you tube on West and he wasnt even in the discussion.

West on Curry: 'Best Shooter from Range I've Ever Seen'

Last edited:
My best would be Bird, West, Allen, R. Miller. Those to me are the top, you could toss Kobe in the discussion also. Mullins was pretty good also. For all the rave about assists and steals, Stockton was a good shooter. I think Curry is up there but I am not sure he is the best.

Wilt Chamberlains field goal percentage for an entire season was 74%.
Wilt Chamberlain didnt shoot 3 pointers or even long 2 pointers.

Didn't have 3's to shoot back then.
Yeah but the court was still laid out like it is today. Wilt did most of damage in the paint. Pretty sure he wasnt out there knocking down long 2's off the bounce.

Wilt Chamberlains field goal percentage for an entire season was 74%.
Wilt Chamberlain didnt shoot 3 pointers or even long 2 pointers.

Didn't have 3's to shoot back then.
Yeah but the court was still laid out like it is today. Wilt did most of damage in the paint. Pretty sure he wasnt out there knocking down long 2's off the bounce.

He did shoot a few long range jumpers but when you are over 7' you can shoot in the paint a lot easier than I upside. Of course Dirk has a pretty good outside shot.

My best would be Bird, West, Allen, R. Miller. Those to me are the top, you could toss Kobe in the discussion also. Mullins was pretty good also. For all the rave about assists and steals, Stockton was a good shooter. I think Curry is up there but I am not sure he is the best.
You forgot Dana Barros and Nash.

Forum List

Back