NBA Tonight

I'll ask this question again,

"Does anyone think the Warriors will break the record?"
Which one? 82 games hell no. 72 games maybe.

If they break 72 I wonder how much steam will remain to get that next ring in the finals.
If they break 72 its because they are doing something right. At that point they will win on muscle memory due to the momentum.
I don't know... If they end up playing the Spurs in the semi-finals Greg Popovich might have the foresight to use the equivalent of the "rope a dope" strategy by resting his star players during regular season and only using them to win just enough games to make the playoffs. Do you think he will take a cue from the past when Phil Jackson used such tactics to bring the championship home with the Lakers? I know, that is a big IF but I can't help thinking the elderly Spurs just might have one more in them.

Last edited:

If they break 72 I wonder how much steam will remain to get that next ring in the finals.
If they break 72 its because they are doing something right. At that point they will win on muscle memory due to the momentum.
I don't know... If they end up playing the Spurs in the finals Greg Popovich might have the foresight to use the equivalent of the "rope a dope" strategy by resting his star players during regular season and only using them to win just enough games to make the playoffs. Do you think he will take a cue from the past when Phil Jackson used such tactics to bring the championship home with the Lakers? I know, that is a big IF but I can't help thinking the elderly Spurs just might have one more in them.
I have to see how the Dubs do against the entire Spurs roster. I have a feeling Pop is going to rest some of his starters every regular season game against the Dubs. Not only that but the Spurs have arguably the best player to defend Curry in Kawhi. Its evident a switch has been flipped on the Dubs that have them operating at an extremely high level. Spurs are probably going to lose to someone else before they meet the Dubs in the WCFs. Now I said all that but I will never count the Spurs out.

I don't know... If they end up playing the Spurs in the finals Greg Popovich might have the foresight to use the equivalent of the "rope a dope" strategy by resting his star players during regular season and only using them to win just enough games to make the playoffs. Do you think he will take a cue from the past when Phil Jackson used such tactics to bring the championship home with the Lakers? I know, that is a big IF but I can't help thinking the elderly Spurs just might have one more in them.
I have to see how the Dubs do against the entire Spurs roster. I have a feeling Pop is going to rest some of his starters every regular season game against the Dubs. Not only that but the Spurs have arguably the best player to defend Curry in Kawhi. Its evident a switch has been flipped on the Dubs that have them operating at an extremely high level. Spurs are probably going to lose to someone else before they meet the Dubs in the WCFs. Now I said all that but I will never count the Spurs out.
NOTE: I corrected my last post and added "semi-finals" instead of finals...sorry about that!

The 33 straight, it's still a long way to go. That is a tough record but within reach. The 72 is easier to break
The '72 Laker team would beat this Warrior team by 20 points.

In fact, the '74 Warrior team would beat this Warrior team.

I'm not so sure, this team is winning by some big numbers against som e good teams. The are playing real good team ball and that front line is getting better.

I'm not so sure, this team is winning by some big numbers against som e good teams. The are playing real good team ball and that front line is getting better.
The '72 Lakers beat a lot of teams by 20 points or more. And the Splash Brothers can't run that fast break if they don't have the ball; I don't think Drayvon can outrebound Wilt. Or Happy Hariston. West is a better clutch shooter than Curry and Goodrich has more "O" than Thompson.

As for the '74 Warriors, they have a better shooter than Curry. And if that isn't enough, two words....

...Clifford Ray.

The 33 straight, it's still a long way to go. That is a tough record but within reach. The 72 is easier to break
The '72 Laker team would beat this Warrior team by 20 points.

In fact, the '74 Warrior team would beat this Warrior team.
Depends on what rules they play by. IF they play by 70's rules then yes. If they play by todays rules current Dubs would blow both teams out.

The '72 Lakers beat a lot of teams by 20 points or more. And the Splash Brothers can't run that fast break if they don't have the ball; I don't think Drayvon can outrebound Wilt. Or Happy Hariston. West is a better clutch shooter than Curry and Goodrich has more "O" than Thompson.

As for the '74 Warriors, they have a better shooter than Curry. And if that isn't enough, two words....

...Clifford Ray.
Neither of those 2 older teams would know what hit them if they played by todays rules.

'74 warriors didnt have a better shooter than Curry. No such person has ever existed in the history of the NBA.

Forum List

Back