NC governor recommends suspending elections for years to focus on jobs

Anotherfear mongering BS distraction for the dupes. The Daily Caller is FOS.

What bothers me is that you attack the messanger and nothing about what perdue said, which makes you look like a bonified idiot.

But a distraction would be making Palins past sex life news worthy now thats a distraction from the failed obama economy.

bigrebnc here is projecting: he often attacks the messenger not the message. So does daveman.

I don't go along the governor's recommendation, however I can understand the frustration. Congress is doing nothing. Every proposal is blocked by the opposition with little regard for the content.

The Republicans have a single aim, winning in 2012. If the country goes to hell between now and then, they blame it on the Democrats.

A fascist democrat proposes ending elections, yet you claim the Republicans are at fault? Has it dawned on you that the fascist democrats are simply totalitarian by nature?

She was making the point that politics are standing in the way of fixing things. Which is a perfectly valid point.

She's a fascist thug trying to establish a dictatorship, the dream and goal of the democratic party for decades.

It was a trial balloon, had it been ignored, Obama would be proposing the same as we speak.

I don't go along the governor's recommendation, however I can understand the frustration. Congress is doing nothing. Every proposal is blocked by the opposition with little regard for the content.

The Republicans have a single aim, winning in 2012. If the country goes to hell between now and then, they blame it on the Democrats.

A fascist democrat proposes ending elections, yet you claim the Republicans are at fault? Has it dawned on you that the fascist democrats are simply totalitarian by nature?

You are a Hard Right extreme fascist, Uncensored, so tuck your tail in and run around in circles. You fascist mutt.

bigrebnc here is projecting: he often attacks the messenger not the message. So does daveman.

Hey Jake, you partisan moron - wrap both your IQ points around this:

"The next time they tell you how stupid Sarah Palin is or Michele Bachmann, just think back to this day and North Carolina Governor Beverly Perdue," said Limbaugh, the conservative talk show host.
Read more: Perdue's remarks strike nerve; she says point was 'sarcasm' | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper

NOW that is funny...

What did your half-witted leader, Jon Stewart say about it?

CaféAuLait;4198315 said:

As a way to solve the national debt crisis, North Carolina Democratic Gov. Beverly Perdue recommends suspending congressional elections for the next couple of years.

“I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won’t hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover,” Perdue said at a rotary club event in Cary, North Carolina, according to the Raleigh News & Observer. “I really hope that someone can agree with me on that.”

Perdue said she thinks that temporarily halting elections would allow members of Congress to focus on the economy. “You have to have more ability from Congress, I think, to work together and to get over the partisan bickering and focus on fixing things,” Perdue said.

Read more: Bev Perdue | NC Governor | Suspend Elections | Jobs | The Daily Caller

What a novel idea... :eusa_eh:

I wonder if she would want to do this if the republicans controlled the senate (political motivation) or if she is truly trying to help.

She was making the point that politics are standing in the way of fixing things. Which is a perfectly valid point.

She's a fascist thug trying to establish a dictatorship, the dream and goal of the democratic party for decades.

It was a trial balloon, had it been ignored, Obama would be proposing the same as we speak.

What she is doing is wrong, for certain, but you as a fascist are condemning a leftist loony for what you would pull in a heartbeat if you could: muzzle your enemies, end elections.

You are a Hard Right extreme fascist,

Hey little fascist Jake, Perdue is one of you - a fascist democrat.

Uncensored, so tuck your tail in and run around in circles. You fascist mutt.

So stupid, do you support the trial balloon, do you want to end elections to save your Messiah®?

He sure the fuck can't WIN reelection, time to declare him "president for life" to ensure his continued rule, right Jakey?

ROFL...

Anotherfear mongering BS distraction for the dupes. The Daily Caller is FOS.

What bothers me is that you attack the messanger and nothing about what perdue said, which makes you look like a bonified idiot.

But a distraction would be making Palins past sex life news worthy now thats a distraction from the failed obama economy.

you're a fucking asshat rino. that robo post with strawman tactics when everything else fails.

What she is doing is wrong, for certain, but you as a fascist are condemning a leftist loony for what you would pull in a heartbeat if you could: muzzle your enemies, end elections.

RINO:cuckoo::eusa_whistle:

you're a fucking asshat rino. that robo post with strawman tactics when everything else fails.

Jake's no RINO, Jake is a partisan democrat. Like most partisan democrats, Jake is a shameless liar. He's supported just as many Republican positions as Michelle Obama.

Jake's no RINO, Jake is a partisan democrat. Like most partisan democrats, Jake is a shameless liar. He's supported just as many Republican positions as Michelle Obama.

isn't a rino who calls themself a republican but acts otherwise?

Traditionally it means Republican politicians who vote and act like democrats. Jake is a registered democrat who goes on the internet and lies to people in the stupid belief that he'll trick Republicans into voting for his shameful party.

Traditionally it means Republican politicians who vote and act like democrats. Jake is a registered democrat who goes on the internet and lies to people in the stupid belief that he'll trick Republicans into voting for his shameful party.

or it's his attempt to make republicans look stupid

You Hard Right fascists would end elections in a heartbeat if you did not understand that your neighbors would put you against the wall in a heartbeat and finish your stupidity for ever.

Perdue needs to resign or be impeached.

We need Christie or Romney next year. I could care less at this point if the hating Hard Right fascists get on board or not, because their numbers are so small they can't effect anything except yell.

CaféAuLait;4198315 said:

As a way to solve the national debt crisis, North Carolina Democratic Gov. Beverly Perdue recommends suspending congressional elections for the next couple of years.

“I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won’t hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover,” Perdue said at a rotary club event in Cary, North Carolina, according to the Raleigh News & Observer. “I really hope that someone can agree with me on that.”

Perdue said she thinks that temporarily halting elections would allow members of Congress to focus on the economy. “You have to have more ability from Congress, I think, to work together and to get over the partisan bickering and focus on fixing things,” Perdue said.

Read more: Bev Perdue | NC Governor | Suspend Elections | Jobs | The Daily Caller

My take on this is a bit different I guess:

Anytime anyone tries to put a shade of gray into a debate here, they get trounced because, for whatever reason, the lesser lights among us want to put every issue and every person into neat little boxes; I assume it is because they can't fathom somone holding more than one viewpoint in their head at a time. All to pity them more.

But here it is;

I firmly believe that if Jesse Helms (just to pick someone who is 180 degrees on the other side of the political fence from myself) had been elected President, he would do what he thought was right and the nation would be okay.

I firmly believe that if Tip O'Neil (just to pick someone who is very much on the same side of the political fence) had been elected President, he would do what he thought was right and the nation would be okay.

I don't think that many (if any) in Washington are evil. I think that there are several who are party hacks who are fathoms in over their heads; Renee Elmers from NC's 2nd comes to mind.

Where I'm going with this is that the major problem in Washington is gridlock. We have serious issues in this nation and we need to address them. The partisan bickering is preventing the work of the people from getting done.

Rather than suspend elections for 2 years, we really need to come up with something that will transform the government into, more or less, a majority rule system. We have courts to address abuses of power. If we suspend elections for 2 years, the moment that statute is passed, the lobbyists and many in the chambers of both houses will have a clock on their wall counting down to an election day in 2014. Gridlock won't disappear until we get a true majority-rule system installed. And, eventhough the pig-headed partisans on this board can't see it; the enemy isn't the Left or the Right; it is the trench warfare where nobody gains ground and everybody loses.

You Hard Right fascists would end elections in a heartbeat if you did not understand that your neighbors would put you against the wall in a heartbeat and finish your stupidity for ever.

Perdue needs to resign or be impeached.

We need Christie or Romney next year. I could care less at this point if the hating Hard Right fascists get on board or not, because their numbers are so small they can't effect anything except yell.

We need Christie or Romney?
Why do we need people the GOP has approved of? Why do we need more of the same old shit?

Some how this doesn't surprise me. Maybe Obama has asked her to float the trial balloon and see what happens before he mentions it. The libs have lost their mind. We are in the mess we are in because of congress, We need to reelect everybody in it at random, we couldn't possibly do worse. There is nothing in this world that Obama would like to do away with like elections. It would be his only hope.

The libs? Sorry, but I didn't approve this message.

CaféAuLait;4198315 said:

I've a better idea. Let's suspend CAMPAIGNING for elections. Allow it only in the 2 weeks preceding the election. The incumbant will be far less distracted from their actual work - and the media will have less time to spin the candidates' statements.

Forum List

Back