NC governor recommends suspending elections for years to focus on jobs

Anything that takes politics out of the equation for Republicans will not be thought favorably by them. Republicans place political party ahead of country, and have become UnAmerican in the process. Republicans hate America these days.

Dumbass.

o get over yourselves.....gov perdue made this statements to the rotary club....she has a sense of humor...her bad

Exactly. And the fact that these morons took her seriously is very telling.

But let's assume for a minute that she was serious.

To translate her statement to "ALL democrats want to suspend elections" from one goofy statement is akin to saying that ALL republicans like to send secret signals to the guy in the next stall while sitting in public restrooms like Larry Craig did.

If Chris Christie or Rubio would have said this, no matter who they said it to, you all would be losing your fucking minds over it right now. Hypocrites, every one of you. America has awoken, now it's time to go to work.

Speaking of someone who would lose their miond where is truthmatters with her facts and truth to voter supression of the GOP?:lol:

o get over yourselves.....gov perdue made this statements to the rotary club....she has a sense of humor...her bad

To translate her statement to "ALL democrats want to suspend elections" from one goofy statement is akin to saying that ALL republicans like to send secret signals to the guy in the next stall while sitting in public restrooms like Larry Craig did.

humor......? you're the joke here.............she was dead serious......

why don't you take a listen first........hear any joking?......hear any laughing.....

I never said it was a funny joke.

BTW....please do not occupy the stall next to me if we happen to be in a mens room together.

If Chris Christie or Rubio would have said this, no matter who they said it to, you all would be losing your fucking minds over it right now. Hypocrites, every one of you. America has awoken, now it's time to go to work.

Which is exactly why we're getting all this fucking fake outrage from you right now, right hypocrite?

I request this thread be renamed the truthmatters voter supression thread.

Speaking of someone who would lose their miond where is truthmatters with her facts and truth to voter supression of the GOP?:lol:

She's a joke that has no damn clue about reality or living in it. To her, it's only the truth if she read it on the HuffPost or heard it on Msnbc.

Who cares if the comment was made as a joke? We hold politicans accountable for what they say, because then next time it might not be part of a comment made as a joke.

You're post would carry a little more water if you held "conservatives" as "accountable" as you're doing to her.

humor......? you're the joke here.............she was dead serious......

why don't you take a listen first........hear any joking?......hear any laughing.....

I never said it was a funny joke.

BTW....please do not occupy the stall next to me if we happen to be in a mens room together.

I thought you liberals where very tolerant people who are not homophobic. Hmmm, as we are seeing daily that is not the case.

Which is exactly why we're getting all this fucking fake outrage from you right now, right hypocrite?

I'm not outraged, not one bit. It's just humorous the hypocrisy on the left when it comes to such things, if the situation where reversed, all the left wing looneys would be in a thread exactly like this one talking about it in exactly the same way. And for you to deny that, makes you a hypocrite. Only problem is, you will never hear a conservative say such a thing, not even jokingly.

Who cares if the comment was made as a joke? We hold politicans accountable for what they say, because then next time it might not be part of a comment made as a joke.

You're post would carry a little more water if you held "conservatives" as "accountable" as you're doing to her.

I do hold them accountable, but first show whos a conservative, if it's George Bush you would be wrong.

I'm not outraged, not one bit. It's just humorous the hypocrisy on the left when it comes to such things, if the situation where reversed, all the left wing looneys would be in a thread exactly like this one talking about it in exactly the same way. And for you to deny that, makes you a hypocrite. Only problem is, you will never hear a conservative say such a thing, not even jokingly.

I do hold them accountable, but first show whos a conservative, if it's George Bush you would be wrong.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgSSRE27GQ0]Ronald Reagan - We Begin Bombing In 5 Minutes - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgSSRE27GQ0]Ronald Reagan - We Begin Bombing In 5 Minutes - YouTube[/ame]

Name one conservative that talked bout suspending the vote?

There is no evidence she meant it as a joke.

CaféAuLait;4198315 said:
NC governor recommends suspending elections for years to focus on jobs

As a way to solve the national debt crisis, North Carolina Democratic Gov. Beverly Perdue recommends suspending congressional elections for the next couple of years.

“I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won’t hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover,” Perdue said at a rotary club event in Cary, North Carolina, according to the Raleigh News & Observer. “I really hope that someone can agree with me on that.”

Perdue said she thinks that temporarily halting elections would allow members of Congress to focus on the economy. “You have to have more ability from Congress, I think, to work together and to get over the partisan bickering and focus on fixing things,” Perdue said.

Read more: Bev Perdue | NC Governor | Suspend Elections | Jobs | The Daily Caller

What a novel idea... :eusa_eh:

If she means it, she should be impeached immediately.

In last nine months Congress has passed the Patriot Act Extension, Budget bill, and a number of bills that extend funding, mostly mandatory. Then a dozen or so bills like the following. For this we have to pay 535 congressmen, aids, staff, consultants, and other personnel 5.35 billion dollars an increase of 87% in 10 years. In 1940 the whole budget was only 20 billion. To top it off, House members have admitted that they spend half of their time campaigning. It is hard to imagine a more ineffective bunch.

To provide for an additional temporary extension of programs under the Small Business Act and the Small Business Investment Act of 1958.

To designate the United States courthouse under construction at 98 West First Street, Yuma, Arizona, as the "John M. Roll United States Courthouse". (1 page)

To designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 217 West King Street, Martinsburg, West Virginia, as the "W. Craig Broadwater Federal Building and United States Courthouse".

Providing for the appointment of Stephen M. Case as a citizen regent of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution.

To amend the Ronald Reagan Centennial Commission Act to extend the termination date for the Commission, and for other purposes.

Providing for the reappointment of Shirley Ann Jackson as a citizen regent of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution.

Providing for the reappointment of Robert P. Kogod as a citizen regent of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution.

To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4865 Tallmadge Road in Rootstown, Ohio, as the "Marine Sgt. Jeremy E. Murray Post Office".

To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 95 Dogwood Street in Cary, Mississippi, as the "Spencer Byrd Powers, Jr. Post Office".

A bill to extend the term of the incumbent Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

To provide the Consumer Product Safety Commission with greater authority and discretion in enforcing the consumer product safety laws, and for other purposes.

www.congress-summary.com - Laws Passed by the 112th Congress

CNC Story | Congress' Operating Costs Skyrocket | Capitol News Connection

The previous bunch was pretty ineffective in their own right also. The most effective congress would be a bunch that runs on repealing 90 percent of our worthless legislation.

We need to vote straight tea party members in that take an oath to amend the constitution to implement term limits for congress and the senate. Term limits for senators and congressman should be 4 years, Governor 4 years as well, nothing more.

And Perry of TX?

Nor any evidence that she didn't.

If I told you that "I was seeing this girl for 6 months. Then someone stole my binoculars" I would hope that I wouldn't have to explain that it was a joke.

Governors are usually pretty seasoned politically speaking and know better than to suggest something blatently un-constitutional (well, except maybe Perry and his idiotic secession gaffe).

So what little "evidence" exists would be on the side of it being nothing more than a joke. Nothing to see here folks. Time to move on.....

Nor any evidence that she didn't.

If I told you that "I was seeing this girl for 6 months. Then someone stole my binoculars" I would hope that I wouldn't have to explain that it was a joke.

Governors are usually pretty seasoned politically speaking and know better than to suggest something blatently un-constitutional (well, except maybe Perry and his idiotic secession gaffe).

So what little "evidence" exists would be on the side of it being nothing more than a joke. Nothing to see here folks. Time to move on.....

Why is that when a republican says something Jokely the left jumps all over it but when one of their own says something they defend them?

Forum List

Back