NC governor recommends suspending elections for years to focus on jobs

It shows how desperate the Dem's are.
They are so afraid that the Repubs might just get a majority in the house and senate with perhaps a Repub president and the policies that they would pass for growth in jobs would actually work.

No, this thread shows how desperate the GOP is. Either they're the most gullible people on earth or unwitting liars. (I vote for both.)

It's like Adlai Stevenson said, " if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them".

Now that was fuckin weak. Perhaps the weakest I HAVE SEEN POSTED HERE.

CONGRATULATIONS :clap2::clap2:

They are so afraid that the Repubs might just get a majority in the house and senate with perhaps a Repub president and the policies that they would pass for growth in jobs would actually work.

No, this thread shows how desperate the GOP is. Either they're the most gullible people on earth or unwitting liars. (I vote for both.)

It's like Adlai Stevenson said, " if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them".

You can rest asured come 2012 she'll be looking for a new job she might even get an unemploymnt check.

Now that was fuckin weak. Perhaps the weakest I HAVE SEEN POSTED HERE.

CONGRATULATIONS :clap2::clap2:

That's pretty amazing coming from one the gullible ones who bought that lie hook, line and sinker. :eek:

That is a frightening comment from a State Governor! VERY FRIGHTENING INDEED!

o get over yourselves.....gov perdue made this statements to the rotary club....she has a sense of humor...her bad

Exactly. And the fact that these morons took her seriously is very telling.

But let's assume for a minute that she was serious.

To translate her statement to "ALL democrats want to suspend elections" from one goofy statement is akin to saying that ALL republicans like to send secret signals to the guy in the next stall while sitting in public restrooms like Larry Craig did.

Who cares if the comment was made as a joke? We hold politicans accountable for what they say, because then next time it might not be part of a comment made as a joke.

Anything that takes politics out of the equation for Republicans will not be thought favorably by them. Republicans place political party ahead of country, and have become UnAmerican in the process. Republicans hate America these days.

Anything that takes politics out of the equation for Republicans will not be thought favorably by them. Republicans place political party ahead of country, and have become UnAmerican in the process. Republicans hate America these days.

opposing suspending elections is an act of hatred against America?

Wow

edit: what manifold said

CaféAuLait;4198315 said:

As a way to solve the national debt crisis, North Carolina Democratic Gov. Beverly Perdue recommends suspending congressional elections for the next couple of years.

“I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won’t hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover,” Perdue said at a rotary club event in Cary, North Carolina, according to the Raleigh News & Observer. “I really hope that someone can agree with me on that.”

Perdue said she thinks that temporarily halting elections would allow members of Congress to focus on the economy. “You have to have more ability from Congress, I think, to work together and to get over the partisan bickering and focus on fixing things,” Perdue said.

Read more: Bev Perdue | NC Governor | Suspend Elections | Jobs | The Daily Caller

What a novel idea... :eusa_eh:

The race and class warfare wars they tried to get going isn't happening, so they have to find another way to suspend elections.

I don't go along the governor's recommendation, however I can understand the frustration. Congress is doing nothing. Every proposal is blocked by the opposition with little regard for the content.

The Republicans have a single aim, winning in 2012. If the country goes to hell between now and then, they blame it on the Democrats.

It's called checks and balances. When the people dont like the direction the country is going in they correct it during the midterms, it has been corrected which is why every disastrous bill the Dems try floating get's blocked now. The people have spoken, and it will remain the same until after 2012. If the Democrats dont like it, maybe they should try passing bills that the rest of America agrees with instead of their own ideological agenda driven ideas.

This reminds me of when leftwing nutters were predicting that Bush would suspend the 2008 election citing threats of terrorism. But at least that was just internet dipshits talking out their ass. This is an actual elected Governor floating the idea. That's downright scary.

CaféAuLait;4198315 said:

As a way to solve the national debt crisis, North Carolina Democratic Gov. Beverly Perdue recommends suspending congressional elections for the next couple of years.

“I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won’t hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover,” Perdue said at a rotary club event in Cary, North Carolina, according to the Raleigh News & Observer. “I really hope that someone can agree with me on that.”

Perdue said she thinks that temporarily halting elections would allow members of Congress to focus on the economy. “You have to have more ability from Congress, I think, to work together and to get over the partisan bickering and focus on fixing things,” Perdue said.

Read more: Bev Perdue | NC Governor | Suspend Elections | Jobs | The Daily Caller

What a novel idea... :eusa_eh:

Yeah, right. The fact that Democrats are going to get slaughtered in the next election wouldn't have anything to do with it, do you suppose?

Beverly Perdue appears to be little more than a goose stepping fascist who wants to impose a dictatorship on this country.

Where do Dims find these despicable weasels?

They are scared to death, because they know the losses they will take will amount to a full repeal of Obamacare and the rest of these nonsense policies. Which is why Obama decided to go ahead and let the supreme court rule on it within the next few months, but even if they rule it constitutional, it can still be repealed in 2013.
Ever hear of the overton window? Read up on it, and you will understand what happened in the last 3 years.

as the Obama scandals keep coming in, he may be impeached by next summer! Then we will have a Romney vs Biden race.

Forum List

Back