Negligent Homicide?

If Zimmerman had been at his own house - yes self defense deadly force - legal, in pursuit of Trayvon and uses deadly force for self defense? No. That's a manslaughter charge.

Right is right no matter who agrees. Wrong is still wrong even when no one agrees.

Right and wrong outside of the law are often a matter of perspective.

Thinking an action is a poor decision because of the result doesn't make it wrong.

If Zimmerman had been at his own house - yes self defense deadly force - legal, in pursuit of Trayvon and uses deadly force for self defense? No. That's a manslaughter charge.

The law disagrees with you.

Legally you can follow anyone you want in public areas.

Freedom of movement...the Supreme Court agreed that it is a constitutional right.

Zimmerman following or observing Martin's activities and movements in public areas in no way infringed on Martin's rights or privileges.

You saying different does not make it so.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Does anyone know what lesser crimes could be found by the jury?

Well, you're wrong. Location has nothing to do with it. If you are attacked and you fear for your life, you can defend yourself. Sorry.

So, if I start a fight with you and it turns out I am getting my ass kicked rather than what I expected it to be, it's ok for me to shoot you instead?

You see, if this were reversed and it was the Black Pathers patroling a neighborhood instead of Zimmerman and it was their white 17 yr old who was fatally shot in the chest this would be a different story for the people personally involved. If people would take a step back here and think about how Zimmerman acted on that night they would realize without him in front of Trayvon there would have been no confrontation.

The race card. How quaint.

Well, you're wrong. Location has nothing to do with it. If you are attacked and you fear for your life, you can defend yourself. Sorry.

So, if I start a fight with you and it turns out I am getting my ass kicked rather than what I expected it to be, it's ok for me to shoot you instead?

If you started the fight, probably not. I'd be the one defending myself against you.....and kicking your ass.....as a result. The particulars matter, and they matter a lot. Do you really not understand the concept of self defense?

I do. I wasn't sure you did. What we know is that Zimmerman was the one who sought out the encounter with Martin, against specific instructions from the police. Based upon that, how can we simply assume that it was not he who started the fight?

If you started the fight, probably not. I'd be the one defending myself against you.....and kicking your ass.....as a result. The particulars matter, and they matter a lot. Do you really not understand the concept of self defense?
F
I do. I wasn't sure you did. What we know is that Zimmerman was the one who sought out the encounter with Martin, against specific instructions from the police. Based upon that, how can we simply assume that it was not he who started the fight?

Because none of what you imagine happened actually happened.k-

Clearly, you don't. Here's a clue.

George Zimmerman Probably Won't Be Convicted of Murder or Manslaughter -- Here's Why - ABC News

Forum List

Back