Neil deGrasse Tyson Strays From the Plantation

How dare he not spend his time blaming Trump and Fox News.

View attachment 272940

Neil deGrasse Tyson on Twitter
Okay, I guess I deserved that. He is right. But suicides don't hurt anyone else (not physically anyway) and we already do all we can to prevent flu deaths with vaccines and car accidents with safety features in cars. So he's right it is not a great number of people lost, if you look at all the other deaths in the US. But there is a difference here, I'm just not sure I can put my finger on it.

The assumption liberals make is these kind of deaths are easily preventable with a stroke of a pen. They couldn’t be more wrong.
Well, I'm not assuming anything like that, but really it is time our leaders put their foot down. Whatever can help, even if it isn't a whole gun control package, is better than nothing. I support the President's ideas today.
There is no fix for crazy. Fortunately, like Tyson pointed out, its SUPER rare, considering we are a nation of 300,000,000+ people. No legislation will stop a madman from killing people, not even if you miraculously changed the constitution and also got every single gun in the nation confiscated.

You know whats easier than getting a gun and shooting a bunch of people in a mall? Getting a truck and driving down a busy city sidewalk. Im shocked we dont see more of that.

View attachment 272940

Okay, I guess I deserved that. He is right. But suicides don't hurt anyone else (not physically anyway) and we already do all we can to prevent flu deaths with vaccines and car accidents with safety features in cars. So he's right it is not a great number of people lost, if you look at all the other deaths in the US. But there is a difference here, I'm just not sure I can put my finger on it.

The assumption liberals make is these kind of deaths are easily preventable with a stroke of a pen. They couldn’t be more wrong.
Well, I'm not assuming anything like that, but really it is time our leaders put their foot down. Whatever can help, even if it isn't a whole gun control package, is better than nothing. I support the President's ideas today.
There is no fix for crazy. Fortunately, like Tyson pointed out, its SUPER rare, considering we are a nation of 300,000,000+ people. No legislation will stop a madman from killing people, not even if you miraculously changed the constitution and also got every single gun in the nation confiscated.

You know whats easier than getting a gun and shooting a bunch of people in a mall? Getting a truck and driving down a busy city sidewalk. Im shocked we dont see more of that.

There's little political gain for the feds to set up truck attacks.

View attachment 272940

That has never happened. The Feds arent in the business of setting up massacres.

That has never happened. The Feds arent in the business of setting up massacres.

They've done it in foreign nations in order to change the political winds in a favorable direction, why wouldn't they do it here too?

They've done it in foreign nations in order to change the political winds in a favorable direction, why wouldn't they do it here too?
Lets play out your scenario. You are a Federal agent and your boss comes to you and says "we are going to set up a massacre. Are you in?"

Whats your answer?

View attachment 272940

The difference is your emotional reaction.

You said it yourself just a moment ago. All those other things (allegedly) already have everything done about them a you can imagine. It all gives you a false sense of control. And that's what you're now looking for here. You want to believe you can take control, and without that belief you end up being scared shitless.

The possibility is dying from flu doesn't scare you because you (falsely) think you have control. The possibility of dying from a gun assault scares you because you don't know how to control it.

Lets play out your scenario. You are a Federal agent and your boss comes to you and says "we are going to set up a massacre. Are you in?"

Whats your answer?

Operation Northwood, a plan formulated by DoD to carry out terrorist attacks against US civilians and blame it on Cuba in order to justify a war was signed off by the joint chiefs of staff but ultimately cancelled by President Kennedy.

I'm pretty sure the Vegas shooter was working with the govt in some capacity. Then there's the recent case of a mentally ill man being provided a fake truck bomb by the FBI and later charged with terrorism.

Whats your answer?

Operation Northwood, a plan formulated by DoD to carry out terrorist attacks against US civilians and blame it on Cuba in order to justify a war was signed off by the joint chiefs of staff but ultimately cancelled by President Kennedy.

I'm pretty sure the Vegas shooter was working with the govt in some capacity. Then there's the recent case of a mentally ill man being provided a fake truck bomb by the FBI and later charged with terrorism.
You avoided the scenario i laid out. What is your answer when your boss asks you to to join his massacre plot?

Whats your answer?

You avoided the scenario i laid out. What is your answer when your boss asks you to to join his massacre plot?

Even though I voted for Trump, I'm not quite evil enough to carry out a mass killing. But there's obviously people in this world who are.

Whats your answer?

The guys who thought up the Northwood plan werent going to take responsibility for it. They would never have done it without the president being the one to make the call, which is why it never happened.

Why would someone risk their job, pension and freedom for something like that? Whats the upside for them? Its not like a Federal agent is going to be rich because of it. There is no incentive.

Whats your answer?

Even though I voted for Trump, I'm not quite evil enough to carry out a mass killing. But there's obviously people in this world who are.
So you would turn down his offer, right? Would you keep it secret, or would you tell someone that your boss is planning to massacre people?

Clearly, he is a homophobic transphobic Islamaphobic xenophobic misogynistic racist!

I knew it all along! He was just faking for the past 60 years.

He studied at Harvard, Columbia and Princeton, but really he is just a stupid racist!

Did I get that correct, lefties?

View attachment 272940

Just wanna point out that saying a black person is "off the plantation" is racist and shows just how far off base you are when you try to talk about racism
Oh, my dimwitted friend, you arent getting it. You guys are the racists who want to keep your black plantation slaves, and when they escape, you get very angry, hence the "off the plantation" remark.

What does a Harvard/Columbia/Princeton educated astrophysicist know about numbers anyways.

Everyone lefty on this board is way smarter than Neil.

View attachment 272940

Just wanna point out that saying a black person is "off the plantation" is racist and shows just how far off base you are when you try to talk about racism
Oh, my dimwitted friend, you arent getting it. You guys are the racists who want to keep your black plantation slaves, and when they escape, you get very angry, hence the "off the plantation" remark.
Yeah..... No. You've got it backwards.

View attachment 272940

Yeah..... No. You've got it backwards.
^ See, youre angry. Just like i said.

He is guilty of poor timing. He’s been made aware of that. He’s not on your side, nutbags.

The fact remains that an American is more likely to be a victim of a white supremacist terror attack than by a Muslim jihadi terror attack.

Policy ought to follow that fact.
I believe the FBI has more agents on the supremists than on the poor misunderstood Mulims. Satisfied?

He is guilty of poor timing. He’s been made aware of that. He’s not on your side, nutbags.

The fact remains that an American is more likely to be a victim of a white supremacist terror attack than by a Muslim jihadi terror attack.

Policy ought to follow that fact.
I believe the FBI has more agents on the supremists than on the poor misunderstood Mulims. Satisfied?
Why would the FBI put so much time into "supremacists"? On average, how many people die each year to "supremacists"?

Forum List

Back