New bill would repeal the horrible bank law signed by Trump 5 years ago

These bank failures are 100% Biden's fault because he could have signed an executive order banning banks from failing, but he did not do so.

With fractional reserve banking, if depositors start a bank run, you have to start selling assets to cover the withdrawals.

And since SVB's assets were underwater, their collapse was a done deal.

Hence the need for regulation. Either their risk analysis was flawed, or they ignored it, or they knew and tried to cover it up. Given the number of shares dumped by senior management in the weeks leading up to the collapse, I'm going with door number 3.

When it comes to greed and financial fuckups, my cynicism knows no bounds.

"Just regulate more" is why we have regulations people can't understand, or even worse regulations designed to strangle what they are regulating, not protect it.

Funny how you left out all the Dimwingers who voted for it.
Isn't that a crack up?... they try and pin this on Trump when that bill had zero to do with this bank collapse and it was a bipartisan bill... LMFAO....

Page 81 of their financials shows an 85 percent increase in deposits in the same period.

It was a bank run which did them in.
So it goes from 159% to a much lower one based on that.

Plus we don't know if their bond portfolio was underrepresented previously.

"Just regulate more" is why we have regulations people can't understand, or even worse regulations designed to strangle what they are regulating, not protect it.
I agree 100 percent there are some bad regulations on the books.

We need to regulate better, not necessarily more.

However, special interests bribe our politicians to enact regulations, or deregulate, to their advantage, not to the betterment of the functioning of our economy.

This particular deregulation was destructive.

Stress tests are a good thing. They prevent disasters like this one.

I agree 100 percent there are some bad regulations on the books.

We need to regulate better, not necessarily more.

However, special interests bribe our politicians to enact regulations, or deregulate, to their advantage, not to the betterment of the functioning of our economy.

This particular deregulation was destructive.

Stress tests are a good thing. They prevent disasters like this one.

Or they set standards too high for small banks to function, as they are designed for larger banks.

You wouldn't be able to figure out the real impact of these regulations if a harvard economics professor explained it to you.
Yes yes, we don't know anything and neither do any of the journalists around the world. We'll just have to trust the Republicans and corporate ceo's....BULLSHIT, nitwit- oops brainwashed functional nitwit.... the GOP does this crap every time. The rich get richer and then the world has a recession or depression And the following political chaos and militarism. GOP is a catastrophe and always has been. Since Taft lol

I knew Hernstein The Harvard Economics Professor And other economists and they don't make any sense They're so deep into academia. but what the GOP does every time is basically criminal. Not to mention their lying POS propaganda....

Or they set standards too high for small banks to function, as they are designed for larger banks.
DC needs to get out of banking... however SVB had only one banking expert on its board.... recipe for disaster.... Go Woke and Go Broke....

The largest percentage of SVB borrowers were Chinese tech start up companies....
1) Borrowers are not depositors, idiot.

2) The bulk of SVB's loans were in the US. They had 18 deals in Asia, and 10 in Europe. "Asia" does not necessarily mean "China".

1) Borrowers are not depositors, idiot.

2) The bulk of SVB's loans were in the US. They had 18 deals in Asia, and 10 in Europe. "Asia" does not mean "China".
I didn't say they were....

Dude, look at their financials.

They were swimming naked. Bigly.

Naked due to supposedly safe government bonds?

Where else besides just sitting in their own vaults could the money have been invested for less risk?

Forum List

Back