New home defense gun? The Taurus Home Defender....

Listen carefully to the gun owners for the hidden message. Many are living in anxious expectation of being able to kill a burglar with their gun.

Keep reminding them of that and there will be a worthwhile discussion coming out of it. I won't be immediately but the seed will have been planted in their heads.
Hidden message, huh? :auiqs.jpg:

You are talking about the citizens who owns a firearm who you would never have to worry about.
You think there is a special code they're using? :laughing0301:

It looks like a shotgun but it's classed as a revolver. Why pay $750 for this monstrosity when you can get an $80 single barrel shotgun and cut it down to legal length.

Statistically proven.

They don't break into a house with the intention of murdering or raping. That should be obvious.
The homeowner with a gun turns a burglary into a murder, and then that could be the reason for a rape to follow. But that is a very rare case.

Why should anybody care about the homeowner being shot by a burglar? Relatives and friends maybe do. Otherwise they're dead candidates for a Darwin award!

It's always going to be hard logic for people who are fascinated with the prospect of getting even with society with a gun. They are motivated to keep a loaded gun close by on account of it giving them power they lack.

I think that many armed homeowners are subconsciously wanting an opportunity to use their gun on a burglar. Listen closely to the most outspoken gun enthusiasts on this board, for clues on that being true.
No it's not.

And you have no idea what a piece of shits criminal's intentions are.

No one has ever broken into my house.

It must be because I own guns.

Same goes for my Big Stick

1694971839128.jpeg

No it's not.

And you have no idea what a piece of shits criminal's intentions are.
Alright then, bad guys break into America's homes to rape or murder the homeowners.

You and your friends with guns can own that now!

Alright then, bad guys break into America's homes to rape or murder the homeowners.

You and your friends with guns can own that now!

I don't know why anyone would break into my house while I'm home.

Unlike you and all the other absolute idiots out there I'm not going to assume they have good intentions.

Unlike you and all the other absolute idiots out there I'm not going to assume they have good intentions.
Your brain is already too full. Maybe some other time?

What will you do if they sneak in while you are sleeping

You had better sleep with one eye open

What will you do if they sneak in while you are sleeping

You had better sleep with one eye open
I have flood lights on motion sensors, 2 dogs and an alarm system. No one is going to be "sneaking" in to my house.

If anyone still tries to get in with lights on them, the barking dogs and the alarm going off I'm going to assume they don't have good intentions and will be pointing a gun at them

But I bet you and you brother idiot in this thread probably don't even lock your doors at night.

I am always drawn to odd guns like this......it might be a good home defense gun......I'll ask the gun guys here...
Odd guns are odd guns - usually cool and quirky. This seems to fit.

I don't like the way the mags sit in AR pistols, but for home defense its hard to beat one of these in 10mm

1695042646042.jpeg

The best home defense weapon is the one you are comfortable with and can shoot accurately.

It doesn't matter if it's a handgun, rifle or shotgun.

Personally I prefer a handgun and a shotgun is my second choice.
Home defence is a fallacy -

Numerous studies shows this. But why are you still fixated on guns and self defence? Neurological problem?

Numerous studies shows this. But why are you still fixated on guns and self defence? Neurological problem?

Bullshit and you have been shown over and over again it is bullshit

I have shown you the list of studies over and over again and they go back decades with the most recent look at all the research during obamas time....the CDC looked at all the reaearxh and had to admit between 500,000-3,000,000 a year

Really?

Home defence by a gun is fallacy.

You keep lying.........

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, no military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, no military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, no military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, no military)

2021 national firearm survey, Prof. William English, PhD. designed by Deborah Azrael of Harvard T. Chan School of public policy, and Mathew Miller, Northeastern university.......1.67 million defensive uses annually.

CDC...1996-1998... 1.1 million averaged over those years.( no cops, no military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, no military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, no military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops,no military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, no military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, no military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

2021 national firearms survey..

The survey was designed by Deborah Azrael of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, and Matthew Miller of Northeastern University,
----
The survey further finds that approximately a third of gun owners (31.1%) have used a firearm to defend themselves or their property, often on more than one occasion, and it estimates that guns are used defensively by firearms owners in approximately 1.67 million incidents per year. Handguns are the most common firearm employed for self-defense (used in 65.9% of defensive incidents), and in most defensive incidents (81.9%) no shot was fired. Approximately a quarter (25.2%) of defensive incidents occurred within the gun owner's home, and approximately half (53.9%) occurred outside their home, but on their property. About one out of ten (9.1%) defensive gun uses occurred in public, and about one out of twenty (4.8%) occurred at work.
2021 National Firearms Survey

Clinton's study by the DOJ....

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles/165476.pdf

Applying those restrictions leaves 19 NSPOF respondents (0.8 percent of the sample), representing 1.5 million defensive users. This estimate is directly comparable to the well-known estimate of Kleck and Gertz, shown in the last column of exhibit 7. While the NSPOF estimate is smaller, it is statistically plausible that the difference is due to sampling error. Inclusion of multiple DGUs reported by half of the 19 NSPOF respondents increases the estimate to 4.7 million DGUs.

n the third column of Table 6.2, we apply the Kleck and Gertz (1995) criteria for "genuine" DGUs (type A), leaving us with just 19 respondents. They represent 1.5 million defensive users. This estimate is directly comparable to the well-known Kleck and Gertz estimate of 2.5 million, shown in the last

While ours is smaller, it is staistically plausible that the difference is due to sampling error. to the when we include the multiple DGUs victim. defensive reported by half our 19 respondents, our estimate increases to 4.7 milli

While ours is smaller, it is statistically plausible that the difference petrator; in most cases (69 percent), the is due to sampling error. Note that when we include the multiple DGUs reported by half our 19 respondents, our estimate increases to 4.7 million DGUs.
----

As shown in Table 6.6, the defender fired his or her gun in 27 percent of these incidents (combined "fire warning shots" and "fire at perpetrator" percentages, though some respondents reported firing both warning shots and airning at the perpetrator). Forty percent of these were "warning shots," and about a third were aimed at the perpetrator but missed. The perpetrator was wounded by the crime victim in eight percent of all DGUs. In nine percent of DGUs the victim captured and held the perpetrator at gunpoint until the police could arrive.

Obama's study...

Defensive Use of Guns

Defensive use of guns by crime victims is a common occurrence, although the exact number remains disputed (Cook and Ludwig, 1996; Kleck, 2001a). Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million (Kleck, 2001a), in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008 (BJS, 2010).
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. 2013. Priorities for Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. Priorities for Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence | The National Academies Press.

Priorities for Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence | Priorities for Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence | The National Academies Press

Forum List

Back