New house speaker's latest financial disclosure

If he's found a way to keep even a small part of his life away from prying eyes and haters, good for him, and until somebody can show good cause for suspecting a crime, it should stay that way.
Oh, I don't think he committed a crime for goodness sake....my head just didn't even go there! It has the appearance of him having something he wants to hide scenario, does not mean it is something criminal he is trying to hide....and that is one scenario of possibilities.... Another could be as you thought, maybe he doesn't give an F, about the rules of disclosure and just wants to keep his life private? And another could be the secretary or an assistant handles that kind of stuff for him?? Or maybe he is simply a rebel who hates govt??? ;)

Shows no assets. Not even a checking account. Nothing. Zero assets. No investments, no properties, nothing.

Seems pretty unlikely, don't you think? A congressman, even a back bencher, with no assets at all? Used to be a lawyer, won some pretty big settlements too, where is it all?

Ever thought he could have everything in a trust? His income could be going to the trust and the trustee could be paying his bills. If that's the case, it's a smart way to do it.

But you're not the least 'suspicious' of people like Pelosi, Feinstein, Biden, and Obama though. lol fraud.
Suspicious of what? They’ve been out in the open, while no one knows out of which sewer this one crawled.

Oh, I don't think he committed a crime for goodness sake....my head just didn't even go there! It has the appearance of him having something he wants to hide scenario, does not mean it is something criminal he is trying to hide....and that is one scenario of possibilities.... Another could be as you thought, maybe he doesn't give an F, about the rules of disclosure and just wants to keep his life private? And another could be the secretary or an assistant handles that kind of stuff for him?? Or maybe he is simply a rebel who hates govt??? ;)
That is the point. Why do we even care unless we're just desperate to find something, anything to be outraged about? I've heard about opposition research, but this crosses the border into ludicrous land.

That is the point. Why do we even care unless we're just desperate to find something, anything to be outraged about? I've heard about opposition research, but this crosses the border into ludicrous land.
I agree, it's silly.....

And yes, this is what American politics has devolved to....

Shows no assets. Not even a checking account. Nothing. Zero assets. No investments, no properties, nothing.

Seems pretty unlikely, don't you think? A congressman, even a back bencher, with no assets at all? Used to be a lawyer, won some pretty big settlements too, where is it all?

The daily beast freaked out that a moral, conservative man became speaker and sent reporters to do a hit piece.
In true Democrat Media Bubble fashion they had no idea that this simply makes him even more relatable to real folks.

Last edited:

Apparently he does (or could) have a checking account but it has less than $5K in it.

He’s just bad with money

Wonderful for someone in charge of the nation’s finances.

The daily beast freaked out that a moral, conservative man became speaker and sent reporters to do a hit piece.
In true Democrat Media Bubble fashion they had no idea that this simply makes him even more relatable to real folks.

poor lesh.

Forum List

Back