New house speaker's latest financial disclosure

A person's domicile is usually not seen as an asset.

But they makes up their own rules. :dunno:
And the survey says.....

A home is one of the most commonly owned assets, and home equity is the single largest contributor to household wealth.

And the survey says.....

A home is one of the most commonly owned assets, and home equity is the single largest contributor to household wealth.
Yes, but you can't get access to that value unless you sell your home. It's a gray area but you are essentially correct I believe

Shows no assets. Not even a checking account. Nothing. Zero assets. No investments, no properties, nothing.

Seems pretty unlikely, don't you think? A congressman, even a back bencher, with no assets at all? Used to be a lawyer, won some pretty big settlements too, where is it all?

This is how controversies start. People don't bother reading the fine print.

Part I: Assets and Income
Do Not Report:
  • Certificates of deposit, savings or checking accounts
  • Your personal residence, unless you rent it out
  • Diversified mutual funds, such as ABC Equity Value Fund or XYZ Large Capital Fund

Therefore none of these would show up on his financial disclosure form.

Oh well. Another good thread that caused people to argue over nothing. But that may be the point. People arguing just for the sake of arguing.

Last edited:
Part I: Assets and Income
Do Not Report:
  • Certificates of deposit, savings or checking accounts
  • Your personal residence, unless you rent it out
  • Diversified mutual funds, such as ABC Equity Value Fund or XYZ Large Capital Fund

Therefore none of these would show up on his financial disclosure form.

Oh well. Another good thread that caused people to argue over nothing. But that may be the point. People arguing just for the sake of arguing.
yes-i-win-i-win.gif

Awww, did he disappoint you by making you rant about him not giving you anything financial to rant about?
Lol, I was going to post this…the left are frantically digging in every nook and cranny for anything and everything they can find to destroy Johnson. Looks like this stone is stubborn.

Maybe our Speaker just gives his paychecks to his Old Lady to take care of their home?

A lot of old school dames did that.

They showed up at the payroll office on pay day, so that their husband couldn't drink up his salary before the rent was paid.
Kinda what I was thinking. If you continue find any financial records on someone, then perhaps they are not in his name. Maybe his wife handles all of it? 🤷‍♂️

It’s the utter lack that’s suspicious. Does he live with mom? Does he live off his wife? Lack of evidence can be damning, because who would believe it? If a Dem was this sketchy, you’d be all over it.

If a Dem was this sketchy, you’d be all over it.

You’re not wrong, the difference is, the left would say “fake news” and everyone would believe it and nothing would be done about it.

How do you figure he isn't part of the swamp? Sounds to me like a guy lying about his assets would be very much in the middle of the swamp.
Who says he’s lying about anything. Just because the leftist investigation party (LIP) hasn’t found them doesn’t mean he’s lying. It just means that either they haven’t looked in the right places or he’s craftier than most about keeping his finances private.

He obviously is. No bank accounts? No investments? Yep, he is lying.
So, about the direct deposit, is it required that the money be deposited in an account in his name? Is it possible he has the money deposited to an account in his wife’s name? Or some kind of holding account? I’m just wondering if that’s how he gets around it?

So, about the direct deposit, is it required that the money be deposited in an account in his name? Is it possible he has the money deposited to an account in his wife’s name? Or some kind of holding account? I’m just wondering if that’s how he gets around it?

If someone doesn't have a checking account, the employee can get a check or a cash payment. A checking account isn't required to work in America.

Meanwhile 50 million wetbacks work here….steal negro jobs, work off the books and pay no income taxes and all of these sick in the head filthy fucks are worried about Mike Johnson’s paper trails…Welcome to the Twilight Zone

deflection denied.jpg

Gave it back in 2018 as soon as the connection was discovered, Moron.

FWIW: “House Ethics Committee filing guidelines state that members must disclose bank accounts they have at every financial institution, as long as the account holds at least $1,000 and the combined value of all accounts — including those belonging to their spouse and dependent children — exceeds $5,000.”
Playbook PM: Mike Johnson's fuzzy math

:eusa_think: maybe the dude is being blackmailed...

Forum List

Back