New Obama Book: "Drones Make Me Real Good at Killing People."

I love drones

Better than trying to put boots on the ground or send a manned fighter jet

Makes life miserable for terrorists also....no place to hide

Poor Obummer,

Just when you think things can't get any worse....a new book comes out detailing Obama's use of drones and his "God like, life-and-death power in the Oval Office."

And of course, we all know he has used these drones to kill U.S. Citizens without a trial or any form of due process.

Oh well, I guess it's better than putting them in Gitmo, right?

Here's a link to the full story. New book: Obama told aides that drones make him 'really good at killing people'

When Bush was killing Muslims and spying on us, the Right was cheering him on.

"We're fighting them there so we don't have to fight them here." Remember?

They would point out no terror attacks had taken place in the US since Bush started spying on us and began the two wars.

Let's not be all hypocritical now.

Why so obtuse? The point is not about killing the enemy. The point is bragging about, and taking pleasure in, killing other human beings. Only a brute or a psychopath takes pleasure in killing.

Do we need to fight radical Islam? Yes. Do I want my President to take glee and joy at killing people? No.

I think you clearly get the point. Nice try to play clueless.

Nice try moving the goal posts.....:clap2:

More babbling incoherence. Is every Leftard an idiot?

I love drones

Does anything make you good at killing people?

Guess what?

Terrorists are not nice people. They do not follow the rules

I have no issues with terrorizing the terrorists

I love drones

Makes life miserable for terrorists and... innocent children. The amount of kids that have been killed in drone strikes is sickening.

Given this fact, I don't think it's appropriate in the least for President Obama to say that he's "really good at killing people" when discussing drones.

Last edited:
I love drones

Guess what?

Good to know. Obviously you fully supported Bush's War on Terror. :lol:

We want presidents who can wheel and deal despite the TPM squeal from the reactionary far right.

Damn Jake....right on cue!!

I put this in a thread last evening because every post of yours is the same. The first one I see today is a carbon copy!! it's uncanny. I wrote this one in your honor.

Hey, reactionaries: the other 80% of America doesn't care what you far righties think: you are irrelevant.

Jake, I like how every post is the same. You know....(tea party...tpm...reactionaries...far right...right wingers.....polls show...most Americans...demographic changes....don't matter...nobody cares....it's over....irrelevant.....).

Good stuff. But even though the riff is entertaining, I think you need some new material. Just a thought. :)

You make it too easy because you post stupid stuff.

I love drones

Makes life miserable for terrorists and... innocent children. The amount of kids that have been killed in drone strikes is sickening.

Given this fact, I don't think it's appropriate in the least for President Obama to say that he's "really good at killing people" when discussing drones.

So do bombing runs and a platoon trying to roust a terrorist out of a fortified compound

As to your "really good at killing people quote, I would have to see the full context of the quote as well as the circumstances. We have been burned too often by rightwing selective quotes

I love drones

Guess what?

I get that, and obviously don't support terrorism, however we - the United States - aren't very nice either.

So thinking back to 9/11 when 3,000 lives were lost, presumably at the hands of terrorists. How did we retaliate? By going into a country - Iraq - that had nothing to do with the attacks and start a war that ended up killing over a million Iraqi soldiers and close to 100,000 innocent civilians.

Does this equation balance? 3,000 = 1,000,000 + 100,000... I certainly don't think so.

Obama - like Bush was before him - deserves to be criticized. Why should he get a free pass? I was highly critical of Bush, and now highly critical of Obama's deadly policies abroad. 900+ innocent civilians dead in drone strikes alone under his watch. That's about 300x more carnage than the boston marathon bombing....

"Makes life miserable for terrorists and... innocent children. The amount of kids that have been killed in drone strikes is sickening."

Yup, just like Shock and Awe. Or Nagasaki. Or the Trade Towers. Or the destruction of Berlin.

You witless loon.

I support killing the terrorists.

Drones are technology, not metaphors for the evil empire.

We want presidents who can wheel and deal despite the TPM squeal from the reactionary far right.

Damn Jake....right on cue!!

I put this in a thread last evening because every post of yours is the same. The first one I see today is a carbon copy!! it's uncanny. I wrote this one in your honor.

Jake, I like how every post is the same. You know....(tea party...tpm...reactionaries...far right...right wingers.....polls show...most Americans...demographic changes....don't matter...nobody cares....it's over....irrelevant.....).

Good stuff. But even though the riff is entertaining, I think you need some new material. Just a thought. :)

You make it too easy because you post stupid stuff.

Come on, Jake. You're my bro. I actually really like you. The whole tea party...tpm...rw...reactionary thing brings a smile to my face every time. I am not asking you to change. You keep staying you. :) I wouldn't have it any other way.

Guess what?

I get that, and obviously don't support terrorism, however we - the United States - aren't very nice either.

So thinking back to 9/11 when 3,000 lives were lost, presumably at the hands of terrorists. How did we retaliate? By going into a country - Iraq - that had nothing to do with the attacks and start a war that ended up killing over a million Iraqi soldiers and close to 100,000 innocent civilians.

Does this equation balance? 3,000 = 1,000,000 + 100,000... I certainly don't think so.

Obama - like Bush was before him - deserves to be criticized. Why should he get a free pass? I was highly critical of Bush, and now highly critical of Obama's deadly policies abroad. 900+ innocent civilians dead in drone strikes alone under his watch. That's about 300x more carnage than the boston marathon bombing....

I agree.

Going into Iraq was a huge blunder and it had nothing to do with 9-11. However, if we have credible intelligence that is properly vetted, I have no problem with taking out targets with a drone. We had 900 civillians killed by drone vs over 100,000 dead in a boots on the ground invasion

I love drones

So do bombing runs and a platoon trying to roust a terrorist out of a fortified compound

As to your "really good at killing people quote, I would have to see the full context of the quote as well as the circumstances. We have been burned too often by rightwing selective quotes

Not sure I understand the first part of your response, but as for the second it was a second-hand quote from a book reviewed in the Washington Post, I believe.

I mean, I felt like I had a lot of left leaning guys on my side when criticizing Bush for war crimes back in the early 2000's, but all of a sudden when Obama kills innocent civilians abroad all I hear are crickets. I think folks need to hold Presidents to the same set of standards regardless of what party they're a part of. Don't you?

I support killing the terrorists.

Drones are technology, not metaphors for the evil empire.

Obama likes taking out whole families. You got to love Bam Bam for this. No court to say a man is or has been a terrorist and just go blow up a whole wedding party and dance on their graves as a whacked out Chicago thug.

Guess what?

I agree.

Going into Iraq was a huge blunder and it had nothing to do with 9-11. However, if we have credible intelligence that is properly vetted, I have no problem with taking out targets with a drone. We had 900 civillians killed by drone vs over 100,000 dead in a boots on the ground invasion

If Bush caught shit on this....and he caught massive shit as you know...Obama deserves just as much, if not more. You can't have it both ways.

Guess what?

I agree.

Who's to say who has been a terrorist or not?

You have the "assassination" President now signing off on these "drone deaths" and you don't care.

You don't care at all.

Yea, but when we're talking 900 civilians dead by roughly only 340ish drone strikes I think the question needs to be asked - is this the way we really want to conduct ourselves internationally from a human rights perspective?

I mean, that's almost 3 innocent dead per strike, and for what exactly?

How much of this build up industrial military complex is here to serve the good of mankind vs the pocketbook of corporations? $600 billion a year on military is a good chunk of change, and (of course) there will be a lot of forces trying to keep the money flowing - at whatever the cost.

This is what we need to hold our President accountable for..

I agree.

If Bush caught shit on this....and he caught massive shit as you know...Obama deserves just as much, if not more. You can't have it both ways.

Bush had unprecedented support to hunt terrorists. Not just at home, but around the world. Bush squandered that support in an ill-advised blunder of a decision to invade Iraq

Forum List

Back