New Orleans City Council Gives Confederate Monuments The Boot

Oh please. I'm not on your team. Your team is the team of dismembering babies and selling body parts. Your team is the team of peddling perversion to children, assassinating police officers, letting illegal aliens kill innocent people. Your team promotes and supports drug addicts. Your team shits in the streets and burns cities down. You really imagine that I would be on such a team? No.

Fly it proud!

The South doesn't need to rise. It needs to get into the foundation and weaken that.

Calling for the downfall of the US government.

Radical jihad if I've ever seen it.

Fringe Conservatives hate this country. I saw one earlier today calling the deaths of half a million Americans a 'favor'.
If they were liberals, it would be more than a favor, it would be a blessing.

A view many of your ilk share. Which might explain their support for the murder of half a million Americans as a 'favor'.....if they're liberal.

Where I or any other patriot would be appalled at such senseless American deaths. I may disagree with you and Kosher. But I'd fight to protect you from such slaughter the same as I would someone I agree with. Your value as an American and as a human being isn't predicated on your agreement with me.

Your ilk clearly don't think the same way about Americans that disagree with them. That's....disturbing.
Liberals are enemies. It goes way beyond agreement or disagreement.

LOL You are so misguided and manipulated. Your lips are permantently planted on the ass of Faux News.

Fringe Conservatives hate this country. I saw one earlier today calling the deaths of half a million Americans a 'favor'.

A view many of your ilk share. Which might explain their support for the murder of half a million Americans as a 'favor'.....if they're liberal.

Where I or any other patriot would be appalled at such senseless American deaths. I may disagree with you and Kosher. But I'd fight to protect you from such slaughter the same as I would someone I agree with. Your value as an American and as a human being isn't predicated on your agreement with me.

Your ilk clearly don't think the same way about Americans that disagree with them. That's....disturbing.

LOL You are so misguided and manipulated. Your lips are permantently planted on the ass of Faux News.
Brilliant analysis there!

They're are not erasing history like the Right has done, they're refusing to celebrate those who were on the wrong side of history.

The hilarious thing is the OP (Sloping Brow) doesn't realize the Indians mostly aligned themselves with the Confederacy. You can't make this stuff up

No, you just can't make it up - but you do...
You didn't know!

Confederacy signs treaties with Native Americans - Jul 12, 1861 - HISTORY.com

Now you do.
The CSA had an entire reigment of of Indians at Pea Ridge. Yes, some of the Nations fought for the blue, but most were in gray.

The destruction of old monuments, old churches, and old shrines, is, in my opinion, a more despicable crime than killing people.

It means history itself is being erased.

It depends on the context. The celebration of civil war against our nation has always seemed odd to me. Like a monument in the town square to an attempt to assassinate a president.
People are entitled to their history, even if you don't like it.

People aren't entitled to monuments to war against our nation. You can tell due to all the lack of domenstic monuments to the Japanese who killed our soldiers in WW2 for example.

Rememberance and celebration aren't the same thing.

Robert E. Lee is almost a god to Southern people. If it wasn't for his brilliance on the field, the Civil War would have ended much sooner.

And saved tens of thousands of northers and southern lives if it had ended sooner. Again, Lee waged war against the United States. He led armies that killed our soldiers. I would no more expect to see a monument to Lee in our territory than I would a monument to Romell or Yamamoto.

Part of the healing process was the recognition of the bravery of the SOuthern soldiers and the acceptance of Southern Pride in their martial showing and pre civil war culture.

Then why didn't the Founders put up monuments to Shay or the bravery of the British Red Coats in their town squares if such an argument made the slightest sense?

You don't celebrate war against the United States *in* the United States.

Why would you assume that the Healing Process for a Rebellion against a far away Motherland be the same as for a Civil War?

You are welcome to review the Historical Record as to WHY that decision was made.

But it was, and that is the reason why historically the US HAS "celebrated at least ONE war against the United States".

Personally, considering how well it worked, I think it was an Stroke of Genius. A Civil War like that can ruin a nation forever.

You didn't comment on Obama sending a Wreath to the Confederates Memorial at Arlington.

Fly it proud!

The South doesn't need to rise. It needs to get into the foundation and weaken that.

Yes this is the minority in the population that supports trump. The angry 'I want to force my way on everyone else and if they don't like it f$%k them' cohort. Fear and anger dominate these people's lives.

As opposed to the Left that has been so retiring about it's agenda?

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Says the lib that thinks the MSM is professional and objective.

The hilarious thing is the OP (Sloping Brow) doesn't realize the Indians mostly aligned themselves with the Confederacy. You can't make this stuff up

No, you just can't make it up - but you do...
You didn't know!

Confederacy signs treaties with Native Americans - Jul 12, 1861 - HISTORY.com

Now you do.
The CSA had an entire reigment of of Indians at Pea Ridge. Yes, some of the Nations fought for the blue, but most were in gray.

And why would they NOT be?

The USA was the Juggernaut that was rolling over them and taking their land. Weakening that would have been in their best interests.

56731b8a190000d30078a36c.jpeg

"We think that symbols matter here, and we want the symbols in the city to reflect really who New Orleans is."

Many cities would erect a statue in honor of their 300th anniversary. New Orleans, set to celebrate its 300th birthday in 2018, will be tearing several down.

The City Council voted 6-1 Thursday in favor of removing four Confederate monuments, a proposal that has generated much controversy since Mayor Mitch Landrieu called for their relocation this summer, following a fatal shooting at a historic black church in South Carolina.

The statues include a large monument to Confederate General Robert E. Lee located near the city center, one of Jefferson Davis (the first -- and only -- president of the Confederate States of America), and one of Gen. P.G.T. Beauregard. A fourth, which acknowledges the Battle of Liberty Place, will also be moved.

More: New Orleans City Council Gives Confederate Monuments The Boot

It's good to see racist symbols of the old south being removed. Gone with the wind...

LOL Gone with the wind.

They should put these 'monuments' to good use. Use them as landfill for the levies.
Yeah do away with the monuments. Then in history no slavery, no repreations. Right?

Better idea, how about those of you who just can't do without slave owners being worshipped, you take these monuments into your houses and you can kiss their feet every day when you wake up.

History preserved, and you get to add to your collection of false idols.

I love it when a plan comes together. ROAD HOUSE.
You are a Looney shit head. Just don't want history to be erased. If the civil war monuments are taken down because it hurts your feelings. I guess you need to head to your nearest safe zone. Then we can also erase slavery off the history books and you can stop bitching about it.

"We think that symbols matter here, and we want the symbols in the city to reflect really who New Orleans is."

Many cities would erect a statue in honor of their 300th anniversary. New Orleans, set to celebrate its 300th birthday in 2018, will be tearing several down.

The City Council voted 6-1 Thursday in favor of removing four Confederate monuments, a proposal that has generated much controversy since Mayor Mitch Landrieu called for their relocation this summer, following a fatal shooting at a historic black church in South Carolina.

The statues include a large monument to Confederate General Robert E. Lee located near the city center, one of Jefferson Davis (the first -- and only -- president of the Confederate States of America), and one of Gen. P.G.T. Beauregard. A fourth, which acknowledges the Battle of Liberty Place, will also be moved.

It's good to see racist symbols of the old south being removed. Gone with the wind...

LOL Gone with the wind.

They should put these 'monuments' to good use. Use them as landfill for the levies.
Yeah do away with the monuments. Then in history no slavery, no repreations. Right?

Better idea, how about those of you who just can't do without slave owners being worshipped, you take these monuments into your houses and you can kiss their feet every day when you wake up.

History preserved, and you get to add to your collection of false idols.

I love it when a plan comes together. ROAD HOUSE.
You are a Looney shit head. Just don't want history to be erased. If the civil war monuments are taken down because it hurts your feelings. I guess you need to head to your nearest safe zone. Then we can also erase slavery off the history books and you can stop bitching about it.
Fakey jakey can't stand history either and just wants to erase it. This is the picture fakey jakey wants america to become.
features_ayers1-e65e9159.jpeg

More dim witted PC pandering .

Forum List

Back