New Orleans City Council Gives Confederate Monuments The Boot

The destruction of old monuments, old churches, and old shrines, is, in my opinion, a more despicable crime than killing people.

It means history itself is being erased.

It depends on the context. The celebration of civil war against our nation has always seemed odd to me. Like a monument in the town square to an attempt to assassinate a president.
People are entitled to their history, even if you don't like it.

People aren't entitled to monuments to war against our nation. You can tell due to all the lack of domenstic monuments to the Japanese who killed our soldiers in WW2 for example.

Rememberance and celebration aren't the same thing.

Robert E. Lee is almost a god to Southern people. If it wasn't for his brilliance on the field, the Civil War would have ended much sooner.

And saved tens of thousands of northers and southern lives if it had ended sooner. Again, Lee waged war against the United States. He led armies that killed our soldiers. I would no more expect to see a monument to Lee in our territory than I would a monument to Romell or Yamamoto.

Part of the healing process was the recognition of the bravery of the SOuthern soldiers and the acceptance of Southern Pride in their martial showing and pre civil war culture.

Are you aware there is a Confederate Memorial in Arlington? And that Obama has sent a wreath to it at least one Memorial Day?

The destruction of old monuments, old churches, and old shrines, is, in my opinion, a more despicable crime than killing people.

Nonsense.

The City is doing no such thing.

Relegating objects of hate, racism, slavery, and secession to their proper context is appropriate and warranted – remembered, acknowledged, but not celebrated.

It depends on the context. The celebration of civil war against our nation has always seemed odd to me. Like a monument in the town square to an attempt to assassinate a president.

People aren't entitled to monuments to war against our nation. You can tell due to all the lack of domenstic monuments to the Japanese who killed our soldiers in WW2 for example.

Robert E. Lee is almost a god to Southern people. If it wasn't for his brilliance on the field, the Civil War would have ended much sooner.

And saved tens of thousands of northers and southern lives if it had ended sooner. Again, Lee waged war against the United States. He led armies that killed our soldiers. I would no more expect to see a monument to Lee in our territory than I would a monument to Romell or Yamamoto.

Part of the healing process was the recognition of the bravery of the SOuthern soldiers and the acceptance of Southern Pride in their martial showing and pre civil war culture.

Then why didn't the Founders put up monuments to Shay or the bravery of the British Red Coats in their town squares if such an argument made the slightest sense?

You don't celebrate war against the United States *in* the United States.

Fly it proud!

The South doesn't need to rise. It needs to get into the foundation and weaken that.

Calling for the downfall of the US government.

Radical jihad if I've ever seen it.

Fringe Conservatives hate this country. I saw one earlier today calling the deaths of half a million Americans a 'favor'.

Yes this is the minority in the population that supports trump. The angry 'I want to force my way on everyone else and if they don't like it f$%k them' cohort. Fear and anger dominate these people's lives.

Fly it proud!

The South doesn't need to rise. It needs to get into the foundation and weaken that.

Fringe Conservatives hate this country. I saw one earlier today calling the deaths of half a million Americans a 'favor'.

Yes this is the minority in the population that supports trump. The angry 'I want to force my way on everyone else and if they don't like it f$%k them' cohort. Fear and anger dominate these people's lives.

Then its doubly ironic that his supporters would lap up his claims that 'thousands celebrated' the 911 attacks against the US.......while at the same time celebrating civil war attacks against the US.

Then why didn't the Founders put up monuments to Shay or the bravery of the British Red Coats in their town squares if such an argument made the slightest sense?

They weren't Americans. In the civil war everyone that fought and died was an American.

Fly it proud!

If the radical jihad wanted to get rid of the muslim loving government we have and replace it with a Constitutional Republic damn right I'd be as radical as necessary.

Fly it proud!

If they were liberals, it would be more than a favor, it would be a blessing.

A view many of your ilk share. Which might explain their support for the murder of half a million Americans as a 'favor'.....if they're liberal.

Where I or any other patriot would be appalled at such senseless American deaths. I may disagree with you and Kosher. But I'd fight to protect you from such slaughter the same as I would someone I agree with. Your value as an American and as a human being isn't predicated on your agreement with me.

Your ilk clearly don't think the same way about Americans that disagree with them. That's....disturbing.

Last edited:

They weren't Americans. In the civil war everyone that fought and died was an American.

Daniel Shays wasn't an American? Not only was he an American, he was a veteran.

Yet, the founders didn't put up monuments to him either. What did they recognize that you clearly don't?

Fly it proud!

A view many of your ilk share. Which might explain their support for the murder of half a million Americans as a 'favor'.....if they're liberal.

Where I or any other patriot would be appalled at such senseless American deaths. I may disagree with you and Kosher. But I'd fight to protect you from such slaughter the same as I would someone I agree with. Your value as an American and as a human being isn't predicated on your agreement with me.

Your ilk clearly don't think the same way about Americans that disagree with them. That's....disturbing.
Liberals are enemies. It goes way beyond agreement or disagreement.

Fly it proud!

Liberals are Americans. They have rights. They have freedoms. They are protected by the constitution.

Your ilk sees their murder as a 'favor'. Our constitution protect them, our nation protects them. As it protects you.

Someone doesn't forfeit their LIFE because they disagree with you.

Liberals are Americans. They have rights. They have freedoms. They are protected by the constitution.

Your ilk sees their murder as a 'favor'. Our constitution protect them, our nation protects them. As it protects you.

I certainly wouldn't protect the liberal virus now infecting the country. We might occupy the same piece of geography but that imposes no obligation on me.

In The Chocolate City it's surprising that the monuments were not edible and merely consumed.....

OTOH, maybe some of the folks figured out that the brown stuff coming down out of the (former) White House ain't necessarily chocolate?

I certainly wouldn't protect the liberal virus now infecting the country. We might occupy the same piece of geography but that imposes no obligation on me.

Of course you wouldn't. And thus you prove my point: That the fringe right is so far down the batshit rabbit hole that the value of your very LIFE is wholy dependent on your unquestioning obedience to what they believe.

If not, your slaughter is a 'favor'. Its like reading the ISIS monthly magazine.

Meanwhile, I and any other patriot would fight to protect the lives of *any* American. Including you and Kosher. You're on my team, for better or worse. You have rights. You have freedoms. You're protected by our constitution. So you're protected along with the rest of us.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back