New Orleans City Council Gives Confederate Monuments The Boot

People aren't entitled to monuments to war against our nation. You can tell due to all the lack of domenstic monuments to the Japanese who killed our soldiers in WW2 for example.

Rememberance and celebration aren't the same thing.

And saved tens of thousands of northers and southern lives if it had ended sooner. Again, Lee waged war against the United States. He led armies that killed our soldiers. I would no more expect to see a monument to Lee in our territory than I would a monument to Romell or Yamamoto.

Part of the healing process was the recognition of the bravery of the SOuthern soldiers and the acceptance of Southern Pride in their martial showing and pre civil war culture.

Are you aware there is a Confederate Memorial in Arlington? And that Obama has sent a wreath to it at least one Memorial Day?
Do you have a credible link for that claim? If so thats a white mark against Obama.

Credible? Coming from you?

LOL.

President Obama & The Confederate Memorial At Arlington National Cemetery

"President Barack Obama sought to dodge racial controversy on Memorial Day, sending wreaths to a monument for Confederate soldiers and other flowers to a memorial honoring more than 200,000 African-Americans who fought for the Union during the Civil War.

Obama, the nation's first black president, planned to continue tradition and have aides leave a wreath at the Confederate Memorial in Arlington National Cemetery, the 600-acre site that once was Confederate General Robert E. Lee's estate. But the White House also will send a wreath to the African American Civil War Memorial in Washington's historically black U Street neighborhood.

Presidents traditionally visit Arlington to personally leave a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns, a marble structure housing the remains of unidentified U.S. military members who died during war. Presidents then have aides deliver wreaths to other memorials or monuments, generally including the Confederate memorial."
No I said credible coming from you. Like I thought you couldnt provided a link to your claim. Where does it say he delivered a wreath like you claimed? The closest thing I see in your non credible link is that he "planned". So where is a credible link saying the wreath was delivered? The only thing I will except is from a credible news source. :laugh:

I did not say he delivered it personally, I said he had it sent.

I knew that you would lie.

Because you always do.

HEnce my laughter at the idea of you demanding "credible".

Any site you would deem credible, downplays anything that might cast Obama in a bad light.

Ah, finally something from CNN.

Obama asks Americans to remember fallen troops - CNN.com

"Also Monday, Obama decided to continue a controversial presidential tradition of honoring Southern Civil War soldiers by sending a wreath to Arlington's Confederate Memorial, according to the White House.

But the president decided to start what may become a new tradition by sending a wreath to the African-American Civil War Memorial at Vermont Avenue and U Street Northwest in Washington.
photos.gif
See how fallen service members are being remembered »

Critics had called for an end to the longtime presidential practice of laying a wreath at the Confederate site. Last week, roughly five dozen professors sent a letter to Obama calling the tradition offensive to African-Americans.

Some observers recently suggested adding the recognition of the African-American memorial as a possible compromise."

Jeez, just like the other link said. The link you dismissed.
I guess you didnt want to give me a credible link before because you knew it contained the truth. Obama made a compromise. You didnt want anyone to see this from your link.

"But the president decided to start what may become a new tradition by sending a wreath to the African-American Civil War Memorial at Vermont "

Last edited:
How so? Trump will stop cities from removing their own statues?

Actually he doesn't have to. Local people and some Lawyers can tie this up for decades.

First they can request that an Environmental Impact Statement be created for the work of removing the statues from public lands. That alone will probably last a few years.

Then, If Louisiana has any cultural artifact or landmark laws, they can fight it on those grounds.

Finally, if they really want to gum up the works they can assert State sovereignty over public spaces. That may not be true, but one can tie up the work for even more time doing that.

This far is from over but the idea that Trump can squash this is patently absurd.

I agree. He could declare them national landmarks, but I don't know if the mechanism for that is viable.

But it would add another layer to the court fight.

As a Historian the removal of these statues saddens me greatly but if this is what the people of New Orleans want...
We don't know what the people of New Orleans want. If the city council is voted out of office next election, that would give a clue as to how the people feel about it.

And if they are not are you going to accept this decision? Not hardly.

They really think this is going to bring about some sort of change!
It is bringing a change. The confederate cave chimp will have his memorial torn down. Didnt you read the OP?
Yeah, it's making the Klan bigger.

So? No one is worried about the clowns that wear pillowcases over their heads. Most are pussies anyway. Black people have guns to deal with the ones that want to get froggy.
Black people STILL shake in their flip flops at just the thought of a noose! The pillow lips pass out at the sight of a pillowcase.

They are a scary group! lol

10392384_553079914821527_6656563141699279804_n.jpg
Why would you imagine some wedding party would be scary? Do weddings scare you?

It is bringing a change. The confederate cave chimp will have his memorial torn down. Didnt you read the OP?

So? No one is worried about the clowns that wear pillowcases over their heads. Most are pussies anyway. Black people have guns to deal with the ones that want to get froggy.
Black people STILL shake in their flip flops at just the thought of a noose! The pillow lips pass out at the sight of a pillowcase.

That's today's Klan, you idiot wrapped in moron.

Anytime inbreds get married to other inbreds its always a scary thing they are procreating.

Part of the healing process was the recognition of the bravery of the SOuthern soldiers and the acceptance of Southern Pride in their martial showing and pre civil war culture.

Are you aware there is a Confederate Memorial in Arlington? And that Obama has sent a wreath to it at least one Memorial Day?
Do you have a credible link for that claim? If so thats a white mark against Obama.

LOL.

"President Barack Obama sought to dodge racial controversy on Memorial Day, sending wreaths to a monument for Confederate soldiers and other flowers to a memorial honoring more than 200,000 African-Americans who fought for the Union during the Civil War.

Obama, the nation's first black president, planned to continue tradition and have aides leave a wreath at the Confederate Memorial in Arlington National Cemetery, the 600-acre site that once was Confederate General Robert E. Lee's estate. But the White House also will send a wreath to the African American Civil War Memorial in Washington's historically black U Street neighborhood.

Presidents traditionally visit Arlington to personally leave a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns, a marble structure housing the remains of unidentified U.S. military members who died during war. Presidents then have aides deliver wreaths to other memorials or monuments, generally including the Confederate memorial."
No I said credible coming from you. Like I thought you couldnt provided a link to your claim. Where does it say he delivered a wreath like you claimed? The closest thing I see in your non credible link is that he "planned". So where is a credible link saying the wreath was delivered? The only thing I will except is from a credible news source. :laugh:

Because you always do.

Any site you would deem credible, downplays anything that might cast Obama in a bad light.

"Also Monday, Obama decided to continue a controversial presidential tradition of honoring Southern Civil War soldiers by sending a wreath to Arlington's Confederate Memorial, according to the White House.

But the president decided to start what may become a new tradition by sending a wreath to the African-American Civil War Memorial at Vermont Avenue and U Street Northwest in Washington.
photos.gif

Critics had called for an end to the longtime presidential practice of laying a wreath at the Confederate site. Last week, roughly five dozen professors sent a letter to Obama calling the tradition offensive to African-Americans.

Some observers recently suggested adding the recognition of the African-American memorial as a possible compromise."

I guess you didnt want to give me a credible link before because you knew it contained the truth. Obama made a compromise. You didnt want anyone to see this from your link.

"But the president decided to start what may become a new tradition by sending a wreath to the African-American Civil War Memorial at Vermont "

Compromise? What's the compromise?

Those who wanted a tradition of honoring the Confederate Dead are not in any way "cost" by the president sending another wreath somewhere else.

I gave you what you asked for.

As I predicted you are dishonest in your reply.

LOL.

Because you always do.

photos.gif

Those who wanted a tradition of honoring the Confederate Dead are not in any way "cost" by the president sending another wreath somewhere else.

The compromise was the POTUS starting the tradition of sending a wreath to the African-American Civil War monument which cost the confederate losers some anguish.

You didnt give me what I asked for but you did give me a link that must have hurt your feelings. Its a win for me again. Thank you.

LOL.

Because you always do.

photos.gif

The compromise was the POTUS starting the tradition of sending a wreath to the African-American Civil War monument which cost the confederate losers some anguish.

You didnt give me what I asked for but you did give me a link that must have hurt your feelings. Its a win for me again. Thank you.

From my initial link to you.

"But the White House also will send a wreath to the African American Civil War Memorial in Washington's historically black U Street neighborhood."

The information that you claim that giving you "hurt my feelings" was contained in the first cut and paste I provided you.

I recall thinking at the time, that that "compromise" was one of the most pathetic little sops I had ever seen thrown to a mob of pathetic losers to try to mollify them.

Because obviously Obama was not prepared to invest ONE IOTA of political capital for those who are so offended by the long standing acceptance of Confederacy History and Southern Pride in the Wider American CUlture.

That's what your worth is to Obama. He used one second of his time and tax payer money to send another wreath to pander to your hatred of your fellow citizens.

I should have known it would loom large and important in your mind.

We are not going to learn from history if we erase it. The Confederate flag is also a reminder how citizens can turn on one another if we don't start working together. Let's learn from history.

You don't need a confederate flag waving over a state capitol to remember anything you've cited. It makes no more sense than waving the Japanese Imperial Flag in our town centers.
You're wrong. If we learned nothing else, we have learned that we are stronger when united and weaker when we are divided. What would have happened to us if we had experienced an enemy outside our borders during the civil war?

We are not going to learn from history if we erase it. The Confederate flag is also a reminder how citizens can turn on one another if we don't start working together. Let's learn from history.

You don't need a confederate flag waving over a state capitol to remember anything you've cited. It makes no more sense than waving the Japanese Imperial Flag in our town centers.
You're wrong. If we learned nothing else, we have learned that we are stronger when united and weaker when we are divided. What would have happened to us if we had experienced an enemy outside our borders during the civil war?
Too bad the loser confederates never considered that possibility while they were fighting to keep some americans in slavery.

Anytime inbreds get married to other inbreds its always a scary thing they are procreating.

Here's more from Klan Central. rofl

1898031_10201660438847887_1536471304_n.jpg

10329268_10202091186056298_3986303568517556841_n.jpg

Facebook

Facebook

Facebook
Her mustache is thicker than the one I have been trying to grow all my life. :laugh:

That's today's Klan, you idiot wrapped in moron.

And that's a good thing. They are marginal people with marginal views who are slowly dying out.

However, given today's current trend towards balkanization and perpetual victim status, sooner or later a line will be crossed, and those without racist ideals who are on the receiving end of the grievance culture may begin to think that pushback and their own balkanization is the only response left.

Fringe Conservatives hate this country. I saw one earlier today calling the deaths of half a million Americans a 'favor'.
If they were liberals, it would be more than a favor, it would be a blessing.

A view many of your ilk share. Which might explain their support for the murder of half a million Americans as a 'favor'.....if they're liberal.

Where I or any other patriot would be appalled at such senseless American deaths. I may disagree with you and Kosher. But I'd fight to protect you from such slaughter the same as I would someone I agree with. Your value as an American and as a human being isn't predicated on your agreement with me.

Your ilk clearly don't think the same way about Americans that disagree with them. That's....disturbing.
Liberals are enemies. It goes way beyond agreement or disagreement.

LOL You are so misguided and manipulated. Your lips are permantently planted on the ass of Faux News.

Says the lib that thinks the MSM is professional and objective.

Where did I say that.

If they were liberals, it would be more than a favor, it would be a blessing.

A view many of your ilk share. Which might explain their support for the murder of half a million Americans as a 'favor'.....if they're liberal.

Where I or any other patriot would be appalled at such senseless American deaths. I may disagree with you and Kosher. But I'd fight to protect you from such slaughter the same as I would someone I agree with. Your value as an American and as a human being isn't predicated on your agreement with me.

Your ilk clearly don't think the same way about Americans that disagree with them. That's....disturbing.

LOL You are so misguided and manipulated. Your lips are permantently planted on the ass of Faux News.

Where did I say that.

I went out on a limb based on your level of fairly standard Leftie think.

Am I wrong?

Facebook
Do you really scour face book to post the family pictures of strangers? What does this tell us? You object to weddings. Old people who still care for one another are objectionable.

Surely you can find baby pictures you want to use.

Facebook

Facebook
Her mustache is thicker than the one I have been trying to grow all my life. :laugh:
It's the estrogen in your system. Very common among feminized men.

Where did I say that.

I went out on a limb based on your level of fairly standard Leftie think.

Am I wrong?

I don't watch cable news. I've seen it in the past but not in a couple years.

Forum List

Back