Zone1 New poll shows Americans' confidence and belief in the Bible is at all-time low

The Elisha episode...
There was a drought.
The ruffians took over whatever water sources were available and were squeezing the populace for an insane profit.
Many poor people were dying from thirst.
They were very angry at Elisha for cutting off their income.
Apparently, God responded in Elisha's honor by having a bear spontaneously handle the situation as bears do.

Sigh. Telling him to "Go up". Do you know the story of Elijah? Elisha was there, being a student of Elijah.

Go up is one translation. Most are "go away". I doubt that these boys would have known Elijah's story and messed with a prophet.

Are you aware there is a Jewish belief that God's name has 42 letters?

You are getting into Louis Farakhan territory here.

Are you aware that sometimes two she-bears symbolize God's judgement? Two is the symbol for several things: it can signify God working on earth (while three is God work in heaven). Two also signifies there is are two sides to everything (i.e., man-woman, good-evil). In other words there is a balance.

Exactly a God SO PETTY HE MURDERS CHILDREN OVER A MINOR INSULT. This is the WHOLE PROBLEM I HAVE WITH THE BIBLE! God acts like a Batman Villain!

1657752251067.png

"okay, I ordered you to do a census, and now I'm going to punish you for doing a census. Do you want three years of famine, three months of war, or three days of plague....hahahahahahahahaha"

Joe, you will forever see God killing 42 innocent little boys. Forty-two means nothing to you but a number. In the Hebrew language the letters that begin forty and the letters that begin two have significant meanings. Hebrew draws on pictures while English is totally subjective.

Yeah, I see that because that's the exact wording. If you want to know why I hate your church with such a passion, it's because they engage in these kinds of mental gymnastics to sell a corrupt system, and I could see that when I was a little kid and the bible CLEARLY SAID No Graven Images and the church was full of statues.

Of course, they also had statues of St. Joseph... only my patron saint would have bought THAT story.

Go up is one translation. Most are "go away". I doubt that these boys would have known Elijah's story and messed with a prophet.

You are getting into Louis Farakhan territory here.

Exactly a God SO PETTY HE MURDERS CHILDREN OVER A MINOR INSULT. This is the WHOLE PROBLEM I HAVE WITH THE BIBLE! God acts like a Batman Villain!

View attachment 669934
"okay, I ordered you to do a census, and now I'm going to punish you for doing a census. Do you want three years of famine, three months of war, or three days of plague....hahahahahahahahaha"

Yeah, I see that because that's the exact wording. If you want to know why I hate your church with such a passion, it's because they engage in these kinds of mental gymnastics to sell a corrupt system, and I could see that when I was a little kid and the bible CLEARLY SAID No Graven Images and the church was full of statues.

Of course, they also had statues of St. Joseph... only my patron saint would have bought THAT story.

That's like saying no one knew who The Beatles were.

It is clear that your understanding goes about a millimeter in depth, and that you are quite satisfied with that level of understanding.

You do realize you switched the topic from a Hebrew story to a religion that wouldn't emerge for about a thousand years?

Then stop babbling and answer the OP.
Tolerance and spirituality have never been higher except of course in the Bible belt.... Who just love a pure scumbag con man named trump from New York City. It doesn't give one confidence in their beliefs.... The churches themselves seem to be pretty corrupt and intolerant......

That's like saying no one knew who The Beatles were.

The Beatles benefited from the advent of Television broadcasting their exploits around the world.

So how would a town know of this event with Elijah where there were only a handful of witnesses, and only happened a few days before.

You do realize you switched the topic from a Hebrew story to a religion that wouldn't emerge for about a thousand years?

based on the teachings of Hebrew stories. Except the ones the Church didn't like because the Popes liked living in palaces.

Good advice. He has made it clear more than once he cares only about his own view; that the view of people who lived thousands of years ago should be ignored and dismissed. They were such interesting people, too.

If "interesting" you mean "savage, bloodthirsty, sheepherders", um, yeah.

The Beatles benefited from the advent of Television broadcasting their exploits around the world.

So how would a town know of this event with Elijah where there were only a handful of witnesses, and only happened a few days before.

based on the teachings of Hebrew stories. Except the ones the Church didn't like because the Popes liked living in palaces.

If "interesting" you mean "savage, bloodthirsty, sheepherders", um, yeah.
You are actually questioning the fact that Jews know everything about every other Jew?
The answer. however, is very simple...there are 3 Holidays every year that every Jewish male in good health over the age of 13 is required to visit the Temple.
Also, every 7 years every Jew is required to gather in Jerusalem to hear the King read several chapters from the Torah.
On the flip side, every prophet was required to visit every town in Israel to give lectures, just like well know personalities show up everywhere to give speeches.

You are actually questioning the fact that Jews know everything about every other Jew?
The answer. however, is very simple...there are 3 Holidays every year that every Jewish male in good health over the age of 13 is required to visit the Temple.
Also, every 7 years every Jew is required to gather in Jerusalem to hear the King read several chapters from the Torah.
On the flip side, every prophet was required to visit every town in Israel to give lectures, just like well know personalities show up everywhere to give speeches.

Except the incidents of Elijah going to heaven and Elisha sending bears out to maul small kiddies only happened days apart.

It's improbable that EITHER of these fairy stories actually happened, much less than anyone heard about the first one before the second one happened.

Except the incidents of Elijah going to heaven and Elisha sending bears out to maul small kiddies only happened days apart.

It's improbable that EITHER of these fairy stories actually happened, much less than anyone heard about the first one before the second one happened.
Yawn...
You may complain away while atheists in Shitcago shoot each other at parties.

based on the teachings of Hebrew stories.
Yes, the root of Christianity is Judaism, and I believe it would be a good thing to learn more about about Judaism--from their point of view. That is why I study accounts such as the one about Elisha and the bears.

Forum List

Back