New Research: Greatest Low-Wage Earnings Gains Came In States That Raised The Minimum Wage

In your world you want 53% of american workers to make minimum wage?

Unlike your kind, I want to see workers being adequately compensated for their time and effort.
Unlike YOUR KIND... you want to see "workers" hold on to a rope rather then providing a PERSON a LADDER to climb to a better life!
Unlike YOUR KIND you rather "feed the "worker" a fish for a day rather then teach the PERSON to fish and feed them for a lifetime!
In other words you see "workers" and people like me see "people" that want to improve their lives on their OWN.
Your kind uses "worker".... i.e. a central government mentality... people like me see a "person" that wants to be independent of the government.
This mentality is the core difference between Your KIND and people like me.
See people like me know that practically speaking you CAN NOT have a cop on every street corner, a government working handing out paychecks to everyone!
Will NEVER work that way. It has been tried.

Since 1918 150 million people have died in that effort.

Mao Zedong, chairman of the Chinese communist party, introduced drastic changes in farming which prohibited farm ownership. Failure to abide by the policies led to persecution. The social pressure imposed on the citizens in terms of farming and business, which the government controlled, led to state instability.
Owing to the laws passed during the period and Great Leap Forward during 1958–1962, according to government statistics, about 36 million people died in this period.
Great Chinese Famine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, you want to see them be over-compensated for their time and effort.

The pettiness of the right never ceases to amaze.

It's not pettiness, its reality. What is petty is the left's love of playing with other people's money while protecting their own. Hypocrites, all of you.
If you want that mcdonalds worker to get a boost put your money where your mouth is and tip them.

The subsidies threshold would have to be raised because you would have way more people making minimum wage.

They can't survive according to liberals on minimum wage alone.

...subsidy threshold is not defined in terms of minimum wage, so when people make more as a result of MW they qualify for less subsidy, so I don't understand what your argument is.

The subsidies threshold would have to be raised because you would have way more people making minimum wage.

...subsidy threshold is not defined in terms of minimum wage, so when people make more as a result of MW they qualify for less subsidy, so I don't understand what your argument is.

You quoted the wrong person, jack-off.

...subsidy threshold is not defined in terms of minimum wage, so when people make more as a result
of MW they qualify for less subsidy, so I don't understand what your argument is.

They would still need subsides no matter what you raise MW to, what's so hard to figure out?

Btw I said the QUOTE.

They raised wages 66 cents an hour. Productivity is down. That means fewer jobs long term, so this lowest 20% ends up with more folks on welfare. Really? You are all excited about this as progress?

Fairness has nothing to do with the value of a given product or service. That value is determined by what people are willing to pay for it

1. 80 years of minimum wage - remember that one? America rejected long ago your argument that labor prices should be set just by market.

2. I did show you the price increase of Big Mac did I not? It showed that in the time minimum wage increased 250% people were willing to pay 400% more for their Big Macs.

So according to your logic, since minimum wage hasn't kept up with prices people are willing to pay we should have seen more increase in minimum wage.

Your assertion that pricing is strictly inelastic is pure nonsense. Yes market can accommodate fractionally higher prices resulting from modest minimum wage increases, as it has for 80 years.

They would still need subsides no matter what you raise MW to, what's so hard to figure out?
Btw I said the QUOTE.

Umm no they wouldn't. why is THAT so hard to figure out?

More money made = less subsides needed. This is not rocket science.

Btw I said the QUOTE.

Umm no they wouldn't. why is THAT so hard to figure out?

More money made = less subsides needed. This is not rocket science.

More money don't = more buying power fool if you don't freeze prices.

Damn you are stupid.

They would still have to get subsidies.

Fairness has nothing to do with the value of a given product or service. That value is determined by what people are willing to pay for it

1. 80 years of minimum wage - remember that one? America rejected long ago your argument that labor prices should be set just by market.

2. I did show you the price increase of Big Mac did I not? It showed that in the time minimum wage increased 250% people were willing to pay 400% more for their Big Macs.

So according to your logic, since minimum wage hasn't kept up with prices people are willing to pay we should have seen more increase in minimum wage.

Your assertion that pricing is strictly inelastic is pure nonsense. Yes market can accommodate fractionally higher prices resulting from modest minimum wage increases, as it has for 80 years.

1. The change is in you going from a true minimum wage to something attempting a living wage. Now the proposed minimum is outstripping the return value by a much greater amount.

2. Most of the price increase was due to other inflationary pressures, which will be made worse by this livable wage crap masquerading as a minimum wage.

you ASSUME fractionally higher prices based on what? Has the MW ever been increased this much, impacting so many workers?

Damn you are stupid.

You are retarded.

If I make 30% more an hour and prices go up a few % I still have much better buying power.

Economic estimates on this are quite straight forward - reasonable minimum wage increases improve buying power for the poor and what you say is just rightwing fantasizing not grounded in facts.

You fellas just say stuff you feel like and pretend it to be some sort of sane thought process.

Well, duh.

How about all those folks that are now unable to work at all because of your minimum wage? You know, the most vulnerable in our society whose lack of experience, low intelligence, or other factors do not warrant the minimum wage. To hell with them! Let 'em beg for their supper!

Cruel, just cruel.

Why don't you post about how mw job numbers declined in the states that raised it...no? Can't? Because it didn't happen.

Here is what long term study finds:

"...data suggests, not shockingly, that when restaurant owners pass expenditures, reasonably, on to customers, the sun tends to rise the next day. To put it less glibly, the sheer number of restaurants and restaurant employees did not fall over time in parts of the country that legislated minimum wage increases."

Cornell University Study Debunks Right-Wing Media Myth About Minimum Wage

Damn you are stupid.

You are retarded.

If I make 30% more an hour and prices go up a few % I still have much better buying power.

Economic estimates on this are quite straight forward - reasonable minimum wage increases improve buying power for the poor and what you say is just righting fantasizing not grounded in reality.

They would go up more then 1% if 40% of the workers got a 30% raise.Damn if you are making minimum wage in this countrie you will always get subsidies.

1. The change is in you going from a true minimum wage to something attempting a living wage. Now the proposed minimum is outstripping the return value by a much greater amount.

...AGAIN minimum wage was $10 real dollars in the 60s, can you explain why you think $10 today would be "outstripping the return value by a much greater amount"

Damn you are stupid.

You are retarded.

Economic estimates on this are quite straight forward - reasonable minimum wage increases improve buying power for the poor and what you say is just righting fantasizing not grounded in reality.

They would go up more then 1% if 40% of the workers got a 30% raise.Damn if you are making minimum wage in this countrie you will always get subsidies.

Don't you have a clue what buying power is?

The Real Value of $100 in Each State

%24100%20Map-state-01.png

...AGAIN minimum wage was $10 real dollars in the 60s, can you explain why you think $10 today would be "outstripping the return value by a much greater amount"

Raise it up to $10 bucks in your own state why do you want to raise it national?

Oh yea you don't want jobs to leave your state, for other states instead you wants jobs to leave the country.

They would go up more then 1% if 40% of the workers got a 30% raise.

Who is 40% of the workers?

Where do you pull these numbers from? Your ass it seems.

Minimum wage is earned by about 4-5% of all workers.

Most places are pretty close to $10 an hour. What you clowns are asking for is $15 an hour.
And again, the economy in 1960 is not really comparable to the economy now. There are more lower skilled service jobs than there were in 1960. And in 1960 people were not asking minimum wage jobs to be ones that provide for people, and more importantly people with families.

Forum List

Back