New Research: Greatest Low-Wage Earnings Gains Came In States That Raised The Minimum Wage

Raise it up to $10 bucks in your own state why do you want to raise it national?

Oh yea you don't want jobs to leave your state, for other states instead you wants jobs to leave the country.

My city, NYC, has much higher minimum wage laws now, $15.

Governor Cuomo Signs $15 Minimum Wage Plan and 12 Week Paid Family Leave Policy into Law

My city is expensive, even so I think it's a bit excessive and should be at around $13. I'm not unreasonable and I understand costs of living are smaller in other parts of the country, so thats why on Federal level I support $9-10 range.

Most places are pretty close to $10 an hour. What you clowns are asking for is $15 an hour.

Except you just made that up - I don't support national $15 minimum wage, I support $10.

So you only want to slightly torpedo the economy of some States, not totally.

Got it.

Again, how does a company make up for paying $10 for $7 or $8 worth of added value?

They would go up more then 1% if 40% of the workers got a 30% raise.

Who is 40% of the workers?

Where do you pull these numbers from? Your ass it seems.

Where do You pull the. 1% from ????

So You pull numbers out of your ass while I know 50% of workers make $15 or less so my number deals with more reality then yours

Almost Half of All American Workers Make Less Than $15 an Hour

4-5% of workers make current minimum wage, I provided link in my last response to you.

And again, I do not support $15 minimum wage.

Raise it up to $10 bucks in your own state why do you want to raise it national?

Oh yea you don't want jobs to leave your state, for other states instead you wants jobs to leave the country.

Governor Cuomo Signs $15 Minimum Wage Plan and 12 Week Paid Family Leave Policy into Law

My city is expensive, even so I think it's a bit excessive and should be at around $13. I'm not unreasonable and I understand costs of living are smaller in other parts of the country, so thats why on Federal level I support $9-10 range.

And companies get hit with having to pay 12 weeks pay at the elevated rate for no work.

And he wonders why local stores are being replaced by Bank Branches all over the place.....

Most places are pretty close to $10 an hour. What you clowns are asking for is $15 an hour.

Except you just made that up - I don't support national $15 minimum wage, I support $10.

Got it.

Again, how does a company make up for paying $10 for $7 or $8 worth of added value?

How did they make it up in the 60s when we had $10 real minimum wage?

You are just incurably stuck on same stupid aren't you?

So I don't get this argument of yours? I thought you we're one of those idiots who wanted $15 national MW..

Of course raising it up say next year to $8. In 2018 to $9 in $2019 to $10 bucks won't do any harm whatsoever

But it will only help minimum wage earners short term gains before it evens itself out again.

So I don't get this argument of yours? I thought you we're one of those idiots who wanted $15 national MW..

Of course raising it up say next year to $8. In 2018 to $9 in $2019 to $10 bucks won't do any harm whatsoever

But it will only help minimum wage earners short term gains before it evens itself out again.

It will do harm to higher income brackets (like mine for example) who's purchasing power will decrease slightly due to expected inflation increase. No free lunch here.

It will help minimum wage earners and what you say about long term is simply false as resultant inflation and job loss factors will be fractional to higher income gains for those brakets.

Sure at some point in the future minimum wage will need to be re-raised because of inflation, but what you can't seem to understand is that inflation is a fact of life with or without minimum wage.

Got it.

How did they make it up in the 60s when we had $10 real minimum wage?

You are just incurably stuck on same stupid aren't you?

and you provide no evidence that there were as many minimum wage jobs, or that they were being utilized as career options like you see happening today.

And as for you ad hominem, bring it asshole, I can slum with the best, bitch tits.

It will do harm to higher income brackets (like mine for example) who's purchasing power will decrease slightly due to expected inflation increase. No free lunch here.

It will help minimum wage earners and what you say about long term is simply false as resultant inflation and job loss factors will be fractional to higher income gains for those brakets.

Sure at some minimum wage will need to be re-raised because of inflation, but what you can't seem to understand is that inflation is a fact of life with or without minimum wage.

The real harm is making people think they can make a living stuck in a minimum wage job, which is what the $15 idiots are trying to do, and sooner or later you will try to support.

You are the same level of stupid as them, just budding instead of fully grown.

and you provide no evidence that there were as many minimum wage jobs, or that they were being utilized as career options like you see happening today.

blah blah blah. Point is it was done and economy managed just fine.

The real harm is making people think they can make a living stuck in a minimum wage job, which is what the $15 idiots are trying to do, and sooner or later you will try to support.

I am stupid because you predict I will take up position that you consider stupid sometime in the future.

Sounds kinda stupid, no?

And yes, you can make a living making $15 an hour, whether you want to advance yourself further is not a function of minimum wage.

So again, quite stupid.

Sure at some minimum wage will need to be re-raised because of inflation, but what you can't seem to understand is that inflation is a fact of life with or without minimum wage.

You are right about that one, he is trying to convince people raising the MW a few bucks they are getting ahead, but don't take in account they have to pay more in taxes ..

You are right about that one, he is trying to convince people raising the MW a few bucks they are getting ahead, but don't take in account they have to pay more in taxes ..

You know, I didn't think about that one.

Thank you! I'll go ahead and turn down my next promotion..I'll have to pay more taxes after all!

Sure at some point in the future minimum wage will need to be re-raised because of inflation, but what you can't seem to understand is that inflation is a fact of life with or without minimum wage.

I understand we will have inflation regardless, but you can't seem to figure out people making minimum wage will always be poor and at the bottom of the ladder, nothing anyone can do about that .unless for some reason a state like south carolina had a $25 dollar MW and Georgia stayed at $7.25

I am stupid because you predict I will take up position that you consider stupid sometime in the future.

Sounds kinda stupid, no?

And yes, you can make a living making $15 an hour, whether you want to advance yourself further is not a function of minimum wage.

So again, quite stupid.

The question isn't being able to make a living, the question is IT IS VIABLE TO PAY PEOPLE MORE THAN THEY ARE WORTH

that's the question you just can't bring yourself to answer, because it will either crush your little dream world, or force you to lie.

Buck up, bitch tits.

The question isn't being able to make a livings.

Dummy, I never made an argument that minimum wage should be living wage, if I did I would support $15 minimum wage which I don't.

So yet again what you say is stupid.

I understand we will have inflation regardless, but you can't seem to figure out people making minimum wage will always be poor and at the bottom of the ladder, nothing anyone can do about that .unless for some reason a state like south carolina had a $25 dollar MW and Georgia stayed at $7.25

I'm not complaining that they are bottom of the ladder, I'm complaining that they don't make at least what they made in the 60s.

See the difference?

You know, I didn't think about that one.

Thank you! I'll go ahead and turn down my next promotion..I'll have to pay more taxes after all!

My dad one time did, he took a company car instead.

Heck I always pay attention to that with O.T. I despise and try to refuse it if I already have around 55 hours

I hate working for $14 bucks an hour or what ever it is after taxes.

Forum List

Back