🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New research puts to death the “good guy with a gun” narrative

A new study found that states with looser concealed-carry gun laws have higher rates of gun homicide.

The results also showed that higher levels of gun ownership are associated with more mass shootings.

The study suggests the US could reduce gun violence by lowering levels of gun ownership and passing stricter concealed-carry laws.

Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

The "good guy with a gun" theory goes like this: If more well-intentioned people carry guns, there's a higher chance of stopping a violent shooter.

Unfortunately, that's not how it works in real life, according to new research published in the journal Justice Quarterly. The study found that laws allowing more people to carry guns in public are associated with a rise in gun violence. The results also showed that the higher a state's gun-ownership rate, the more likely a mass shooting is.

That's hysterical.

How many mass shootings were used in the study ?

Only a dumbass wouldn't have known that. Look at the thread title. It says "a good guy with a gun."

You said

Prove that anyone was carrying a gun in the vicinity of a mass shooting.
Well, I did prove it.

And you can't hear how stupid that question sounded in your head?

I'm usually with you Blues Man. I thought you were telling a joke and bripat mistook it as serious.

But if you're being serious that you thought the shooter had a gun in the vicinity of a mass shooting addressed the question, then you're being a dick about it. Obviously that wasn't the intent of the question
I'm not a mind reader.

And yes it was a sarcastic comment but the snowflake got offended and had to start the name calling

OK, whatever. You're being a dick. I really thought you were joking and bripat missed it. Guess I did.

Wow, you realized the shooter had a gun in a mass shooting. How were you to be a mind reader? Whatever. Act like a Democrat if that tickles your Willy

Jesus H Christ maybe if people learned how to express a clear concise thought via the written word then tender feelings wouldn't get so hurt

Awwwwww, poor guy. Now Bluesman is crying. Buck up, sport.

Question, you realize you're talking to multiple people, right? We aren't all the same one?

I got in because I thought it was a misunderstanding. You OBVIOUSLY were full of shit when you said you didn't know when it was asked if there was a gun if they were including the shooter. Hopefully it was a joke gone wrong because that was a stupid comment. But either way, it's time to give it up and let it go
You will realize I didn't say YOU I said PEOPLE

So I wasn't necessarily speaking about you now was I?

You are obviously coming to the rescue of your not too good with words buddy because he got his panties in a twist when he realized he wrote something that was pretty stupid

Yes, obviously you were very rationally and honestly with good intentions not clear whether bripat thought the shooter who was shooting people had a gun or not. You were being completely genuine and honest by observing that the shooter did indeed have a gun. You really thought bripat wasn't clear on that and you were trying to simply reassure him that yes, someone shooting people had a gun.

People like you are a bizarre internet phenomenon. You start out with a sarcastic comment that misfires, then you argue endlessly that you were in the right and made total sense and it's the rest of us who are crocked. Creptus does it all the time.

So you're sticking to that you genuinely, honestly, rationally believed that bripat wasn't clear if someone shooting people had a gun or not. You're sticking with that story?

Sure, twat, sure
It didn't backfire , he was just to dim to realize it was sarcasm and decided to start name calling.

And I was right

He said to prove that ANYONE in the vicinity of a mass shooting had a gun.

Not my fault he was couldn't see that was one of the dumbest statements anyone could write.

so piss the fuck off

Then why did you criticize him for not being "clear?" I said I thought it was sarcasm and you started attacking me. Then you said he needs to learn to be clear that when he asks if there is a gun around an active shooter that he isn't including the active shooter's gun, as if that needed to be explained.

Now you're doing an about face and saying it was sarcasm all along. So which story are you going with? It was sarcasm or he wasn't clear? Final answer?
I said it was sarcasm in reply to your very first reply to me. Post # 69

One would not open himself up to sarcastic remarks about a post if one took a second to realize that what one wrote was fucking stupid now would one ?

OK, you did say that. But you started with "I'm not a mind reader." That seemed to be another indication you were claiming you didn't know if he meant the shooter had a gun or a different one.

Let's agree to end this now. We have a history of overwhelmingly agreeing with each other and this has run it's course and is really dull now.

Agreed?

A new study found that states with looser concealed-carry gun laws have higher rates of gun homicide.

The results also showed that higher levels of gun ownership are associated with more mass shootings.

The study suggests the US could reduce gun violence by lowering levels of gun ownership and passing stricter concealed-carry laws.

The "good guy with a gun" theory goes like this: If more well-intentioned people carry guns, there's a higher chance of stopping a violent shooter.

Unfortunately, that's not how it works in real life, according to new research published in the journal Justice Quarterly. The study found that laws allowing more people to carry guns in public are associated with a rise in gun violence. The results also showed that the higher a state's gun-ownership rate, the more likely a mass shooting is.
Bullshit. The crime rate went down in every state that adopted concealed carry. It's almost certain the study is based on flawed assumptions.
Should I even bother asking for a source?
Defensive Gun Use Is Not a Myth
Yeah dude. No one ever said people haven’t defended themselves with guns. That is completely besides the point of what this article is saying is that “a good guy with a gun” does nothing to prevent mass shootings. More gun ownership is correlated with more gun violence. These are the facts that matter.
Mass shootings always happen where people aren't allowed to carry guns. More gun ownership correlates with gun violence because people living in high crime areas buy guns for protection.

What a fucking moron.
Uh no. As the study states, in the areas where gun ownership is higher, mass shootings are more common.

You can’t even bother with statistics that counter mine.
There's no such thing as a state where guns aren't allowed, you fucking dumbass. Mass shootings always occur in places like schools and movie theaters where guns are not allowed. Virtually every mass shooting as occurred where guns aren't allowed.

Dumbasses like you believe this is some kind of valid study. The reality is that it's pure horseshit.
Lol everything I said is supported by evidence. You have yet to to post a relevant study that contradicts it.

Also don’t pretend gun toting idiots with concealed carry don’t carry their guns wherever they want.
Correct.

"Gun free" zones are likewise a myth.

Bullshit. The crime rate went down in every state that adopted concealed carry. It's almost certain the study is based on flawed assumptions.
Yeah dude. No one ever said people haven’t defended themselves with guns. That is completely besides the point of what this article is saying is that “a good guy with a gun” does nothing to prevent mass shootings. More gun ownership is correlated with more gun violence. These are the facts that matter.
Mass shootings always happen where people aren't allowed to carry guns. More gun ownership correlates with gun violence because people living in high crime areas buy guns for protection.

What a fucking moron.
Uh no. As the study states, in the areas where gun ownership is higher, mass shootings are more common.

There's no such thing as a state where guns aren't allowed, you fucking dumbass. Mass shootings always occur in places like schools and movie theaters where guns are not allowed. Virtually every mass shooting as occurred where guns aren't allowed.

Dumbasses like you believe this is some kind of valid study. The reality is that it's pure horseshit.
Lol everything I said is supported by evidence. You have yet to to post a relevant study that contradicts it.

Also don’t pretend gun toting idiots with concealed carry don’t carry their guns wherever they want.
Correct.

You mean they don't have laws that bar anyone with a gun from being on school property?

Correct.

You mean they don't have laws that bar anyone with a gun from being on school property?

Clayton's right on this one.

If we (honest citizens) didn't have guns, then criminals wouldn't have them, they would be unnecessary. But we have guns , but then we tell criminals they can have guns too, but they can't have guns at schools. So they can have guns? They can't? See how it's our fault? Criminals are reasonably confused whether they are be allowed to shoot people or not

Well, looser carry laws definitely diddnt work for this retard.

View attachment 368295

Facts in evidence show they worked just fine.

What a fucking moron.

Correct.

Oh? Provide evidence for this assertion.

"She controlled for other factors"? What does that mean? Did she skew the statistics to allow for poverty rates and unemployment? How does that work? You can't dismiss actual accounts of using a firearm for self defense even if it only involves brandishing a weapon. Research by criminologist Gary Kleck in 1995 determined that firearms are used in self defense situations about 2 million times per year and he didn't "control for other factors".

Last edited:
"She controlled for other factors"? What does that mean? Did she skew the statistics to allow for poverty rates and unemployment? How does that work? You can't dismiss actual accounts of using a firearm for self defense even if it only involves brandishing a weapon. Research by criminologist Gary Kleck in 1995 determined that firearms are used in self defense situations about 2 million times per year and he didn't "control for other factors".

Yup, that's what that means. In other words the "study" is a fraud.

Well, looser carry laws definitely diddnt work for this retard.

View attachment 368295

Facts in evidence show they worked just fine.

Lol, yup. If one lives in Texas they know it's not a great idea to just walk up on a dudes car, especially not when one has an AK47 pointed at the driver and ready to go.

The infamous Sandy Hook mass shooting happened on Connecticut which had relatively restrictive gun laws. The Columbine mass shooting in Colorado happened in a state with relative restrictive gun laws. The attempted mass shooting of members of a republican baseball team by a radical democrat activist happened in one of the most restrictive venues in the U.S., Washington D.C. The powers that be in the military determined that Soldiers at Ft. Hood (including MP's) weren't competent enough to have a weapon, issued or otherwise, on the base and a dozen were murdered by a radical Major. You almost gotta laugh that the same ignorant people who buy into this craziness also want to disarm the Police so who ya gonna call when only criminals have the guns?

The idea that only criminals having guns makes us safer is as stupid as it sounds.
Yes, and you're a moron for even suggesting it.

But that's exactly what you support. We are not suggesting it. That's what you support.

Creep was being a playgrounder. If you spend any time reading his posts, his insults are all playground. Am not! You are! It's all he has
Lol, no. I just gave up wasting time explaining things over and over to the same people.

Maybe you could give us more than playground insults to explain your complex views then, ya think?

There are thise here I will actually discuss things with.

You though?

Not worth the effort.

And you make no effort. That's the whole point of your third grader playground insults. Total repetition, no effort
Lol, you figured that out all by yourself?

Nope. I just told you in my post.

So what do you think would happen if the Democrats could make all guns illegal? Do you think the criminals would turn their guns in? Of course not. They break laws. That's why they're criminals in the first place.

What we would end up with is a society where only the police and criminals have firearms. The rest of us would be helpless because nobody can open handedly defend themselves from a person with a gun.
Do you think Democrats want to make all guns illegal?

If so, you're wrong.

Not universally.

When a black guy kills another black guy.....is he the good guy ?

So what do you think would happen if the Democrats could make all guns illegal? Do you think the criminals would turn their guns in? Of course not. They break laws. That's why they're criminals in the first place.

What we would end up with is a society where only the police and criminals have firearms. The rest of us would be helpless because nobody can open handedly defend themselves from a person with a gun.
Do you think Democrats want to make all guns illegal?

If so, you're wrong.

Yes, that's exactly what I think, and I'm sure millions of others do as well. Since the US Constitution precludes their plans, various lib cities and states try to get as close as they can.

I was watching Laura last night when she was interviewing a guy who had a diner in Chicago. Besides the cost, he has been waiting for his CCW since last November, and he still hasn't heard any word on it. He's scared to go to work downtown because of all the leftist violence they are causing. Other commie cities and states placed limits and restrictions on what kind of weapon you can own, or how large a magazine you're allowed to have, or both.

Oh, and here's another one. A well known guy who has his own show on cable television can't get a CCW license in NYC. Read what they put him through before they finally refused him, if you have the guts.

And that right there exemplifies the stupidity of your post and study. You take one out of many possible factors and try to use that single issue alone to make this phony claim. We are right back to the liberal fallacy that people don't kill people, guns kill people.

Well we can all do that. Since the early 90's up until the Ferguson effect, gun and violent crime in the US was on a decline. What's proportional with that decline is more and more states adopting CCW programs, and changing laws that protect the victim instead of the criminal. How is that possible????

The amount of guns is irrelevant. More importantly are the demographics of these areas. In the United States, you are eight times more likely to be killed by a black than a white. Furthermore it's lower income areas where most murders happen. You are wrong. People kill people, not guns.

You and your study are not comparing apples to apples. Take two states with the same demographics and use one with lenient gun laws and one with strict gun laws, and then see what your conclusions are. No anti-gun organization has ever done that to my knowledge.

Unless you can find a study that directly contradicts the SPECIFIC claims made in this study, anything you say doesn’t matter.

Forum List

Back