🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New research puts to death the “good guy with a gun” narrative

A new study found that states with looser concealed-carry gun laws have higher rates of gun homicide.

The results also showed that higher levels of gun ownership are associated with more mass shootings.

The study suggests the US could reduce gun violence by lowering levels of gun ownership and passing stricter concealed-carry laws.

Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

The "good guy with a gun" theory goes like this: If more well-intentioned people carry guns, there's a higher chance of stopping a violent shooter.

Unfortunately, that's not how it works in real life, according to new research published in the journal Justice Quarterly. The study found that laws allowing more people to carry guns in public are associated with a rise in gun violence. The results also showed that the higher a state's gun-ownership rate, the more likely a mass shooting is.
Bullshit. The crime rate went down in every state that adopted concealed carry. It's almost certain the study is based on flawed assumptions.
Should I even bother asking for a source?
Defensive Gun Use Is Not a Myth
Yeah dude. No one ever said people haven’t defended themselves with guns. That is completely besides the point of what this article is saying is that “a good guy with a gun” does nothing to prevent mass shootings. More gun ownership is correlated with more gun violence. These are the facts that matter.
Mass shootings always happen where people aren't allowed to carry guns. More gun ownership correlates with gun violence because people living in high crime areas buy guns for protection.

What a fucking moron.
Uh no. As the study states, in the areas where gun ownership is higher, mass shootings are more common.

You can’t even bother with statistics that counter mine.
There's no such thing as a state where guns aren't allowed, you fucking dumbass. Mass shootings always occur in places like schools and movie theaters where guns are not allowed. Virtually every mass shooting as occurred where guns aren't allowed.

Dumbasses like you believe this is some kind of valid study. The reality is that it's pure horseshit.
Lol everything I said is supported by evidence. You have yet to to post a relevant study that contradicts it.

Also don’t pretend gun toting idiots with concealed carry don’t carry their guns wherever they want.
The evidence doesn't support the conclusion.

Prove that anyone was carrying a gun in the vicinity of a mass shooting.

The guy doing the shooting was carrying a gun
A good guy, you dumb asshole.

You didn't specify that did you, Fuckstick?
Only a dumbass wouldn't have known that. Look at the thread title. It says "a good guy with a gun."

A new study found that states with looser concealed-carry gun laws have higher rates of gun homicide.

The results also showed that higher levels of gun ownership are associated with more mass shootings.

The study suggests the US could reduce gun violence by lowering levels of gun ownership and passing stricter concealed-carry laws.

The "good guy with a gun" theory goes like this: If more well-intentioned people carry guns, there's a higher chance of stopping a violent shooter.

Unfortunately, that's not how it works in real life, according to new research published in the journal Justice Quarterly. The study found that laws allowing more people to carry guns in public are associated with a rise in gun violence. The results also showed that the higher a state's gun-ownership rate, the more likely a mass shooting is.
That's because a "good guy with a gun" is one bad day away from a murderer.

And what about gang members in inner cities? They don't need a bad day, do they?
False equivalency is FALSE. It's right there in the name.

The point is that you idiots on the left are so worried about a mistake happening with a legal gun, while you don't give a shit about criminals who shoot people at will on purpose. You really are a creep

Taylor and Francis, really? I guess the author couldn't get it published anywhere else. Get back to us when the bullshit study is pier reviewed.

Well already that tells me you don’t know what that means because it is “peer” not pier.

So not only are you a commie, but a spelling nazi as well. Got it.

And what about gang members in inner cities? They don't need a bad day, do they?

The point is that you idiots on the left are so worried about a mistake happening with a legal gun, while you don't give a shit about criminals who shoot people at will on purpose. You really are a creep
No, the point is your desire to distract from the point.

Bullshit. The crime rate went down in every state that adopted concealed carry. It's almost certain the study is based on flawed assumptions.
Yeah dude. No one ever said people haven’t defended themselves with guns. That is completely besides the point of what this article is saying is that “a good guy with a gun” does nothing to prevent mass shootings. More gun ownership is correlated with more gun violence. These are the facts that matter.
Mass shootings always happen where people aren't allowed to carry guns. More gun ownership correlates with gun violence because people living in high crime areas buy guns for protection.

What a fucking moron.
Uh no. As the study states, in the areas where gun ownership is higher, mass shootings are more common.

There's no such thing as a state where guns aren't allowed, you fucking dumbass. Mass shootings always occur in places like schools and movie theaters where guns are not allowed. Virtually every mass shooting as occurred where guns aren't allowed.

Dumbasses like you believe this is some kind of valid study. The reality is that it's pure horseshit.
Lol everything I said is supported by evidence. You have yet to to post a relevant study that contradicts it.

Also don’t pretend gun toting idiots with concealed carry don’t carry their guns wherever they want.

The guy doing the shooting was carrying a gun
A good guy, you dumb asshole.

You didn't specify that did you, Fuckstick?
Only a dumbass wouldn't have known that. Look at the thread title. It says "a good guy with a gun."

You said

Well, I did prove it.

And you can't hear how stupid that question sounded in your head?

No, the point is your desire to distract from the point.

The idea that only criminals having guns makes us safer is as stupid as it sounds.

And you can't deny mass shooters consistently go to gun free zones. And murders in general happen mostly in blue inner cities where only criminals are allowed to have guns.

That's why you need to rely on contrived studies like this one that are commissioned to support a pre-determined outcome rather than simply find the truth.

Michigan is such a perfect example. "kaz" is shot for Kalamazoo, where I grew up. There were very few shootings outside SE Michigan where gun ownership laws are most liberal, and most shootings are in SE Detroit where there are extensive gun laws.

That is the fact

What a fucking moron.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

You said

Well, I did prove it.

I'm usually with you Blues Man. I thought you were telling a joke and bripat mistook it as serious.

But if you're being serious that you thought the shooter had a gun in the vicinity of a mass shooting addressed the question, then you're being a dick about it. Obviously that wasn't the intent of the question

You said

Well, I did prove it.

I'm usually with you Blues Man. I thought you were telling a joke and bripat mistook it as serious.

But if you're being serious that you thought the shooter had a gun in the vicinity of a mass shooting addressed the question, then you're being a dick about it. Obviously that wasn't the intent of the question
I'm not a mind reader.

And yes it was a sarcastic comment but the snowflake got offended and had to start the name calling

You said

Well, I did prove it.

I'm not a mind reader.

And yes it was a sarcastic comment but the snowflake got offended and had to start the name calling

OK, whatever. You're being a dick. I really thought you were joking and bripat missed it. Guess I did.

Wow, you realized the shooter had a gun in a mass shooting. How were you to be a mind reader? Whatever. Act like a Democrat if that tickles your Willy

You have the right to be wrong.

Quite frankly, nothing you say, changes the fact we can see clearly left-wingers going around murdering and injuring people.

So I don't even care if you want to pretend your made up crap was true.
I still will have my CCW, and I still will carry a gun. You people are evil. We have to defend ourselves now.

There can be no doubt, the gun nuts want to pack heat and want to shoot someone.

America needs more guns, and people ready to use them, that way, when police respond to an active shooter call, they will immediately know who among the many people in the gunfight is the "bad guy" with a gun.

It happens that way on TV and in movies. so it must be true.

A CCW holder (depending on where you live) is checked out from adulthood until they apply for a permit, then checked some more. We are trained in using our firearm, the laws, and how to react to various situations.

In your scenario, if a CCW holder and a criminal were in a gun fight, the CCW holder would immediately put his weapon down on police arrival, and the criminal would likely turn his gun on the police.

You said

Well, I did prove it.

I'm not a mind reader.

OK, whatever. You're being a dick. I really thought you were joking and bripat missed it. Guess I did.

Wow, you realized the shooter had a gun in a mass shooting. How were you to be a mind reader? Whatever. Act like a Democrat if that tickles your Willy

Jesus H Christ maybe if people learned how to express a clear concise thought via the written word then tender feelings wouldn't get so hurt

I'm not surprised. It's only logical.

The far right radical extremists on this board who have a small penis needs their penis extenders to feel like a man.

They will attack you for posting truths they don't like.
people on your side of the road do the same thing....

It's funny how you say that over and over and over to conservatives, but you're silent on telling the left the reverse ...
dana is a conservative?....does he know that?...

Forum List

Back