🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New Web Site Format

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can only “like” posts now? Too many snowflakes can’t handle being laughed at?

Why no Heads-Up thread this time? We have always had a Heads-Up thread whenever anything was going to be changed at the forum. This time ZERO just did it without warning. Why?

Yes. The new thing is also horrible. The old system we had until last night until without any warning we change to this new radical and annoying format we had a Disagree button, now we have an Angry button instead. This is not a good thing, there are things we can Disagree with this does NOT mean we are Angry with that person or what they have posted. This now will produce a Negative Vibe at this forum, with peoples thinking others are Angry at them as opposed to just Disagree with them.

That EVERYONE'S Ratings have been wiped must also have been to appease Snowflakes because they all seemed to have the lowest ratings and so now NO Ratings = Everyone Gets a Winner Trophy or something.
Now Lucy, I could not AGREE with you more! But I don't actually LOVE you. But it was better than saying I LIKED you, thought you were funny, sad, made me angry or were amazing. If I rate IM2 as ANGRY, does that mean I'm THREATENING a member? Will I be sent to class for EMOTIONAL RETRAINING and reeducation? Why are all the ratings based on EMOTIONS totally unrelated to the actual intellectual content? And what is the point when all of these "emotions" are meaninglessly translated into a "reaction score?" Looks like USMB was sold some really bad software meant for people with 66 IQs.

And you asre SO RIGHT about the Snowflakes: there were people on this board with 80-90% 'Funnies.' Being something of an old mathematician and programmer, it seems to me that any meaningful "reaction score" ought to have the capacity to swing POSITIVE and NEGATIVE. Like swinging from 0 thru +100 positive to -100 negative. Now at least that would make a little sense.

Yes yes yes and yes!

Under the old Pre-Snowflake Format I would have given you a Winner Rating, but now we are on Snowflake Format Muh Feelings Hurt Because Nobody Ever Gave Me A Winner Rating I can only give you a Liked Rating.
That deserves a Winner or Thank You. I love your PRE-SNOWFLAKE and POST-SNOWFLAKE GOT TO APPEASE THE JACKASSES format analysis, it is spot on. I'm of a mind to totally abandon giving anyone any ratings at all which will make the Reaction Scores totally meaningless and we both know all the flaming turds on the forum will now be running around giving everyone they don't like or agree with or supports Trump ANGRY ratings trying to ruin their "reaction scores.

USMB just became a PRO-ASSHOLE supporting forum. The bigger the jerk or idiot you are, the better you'll fit in and like it.
Toob, give this post an "angry," please, so I can see if it effects my "reaction score"

Between this, Covid-19 closures and restrictions, Liquor Stores being closed, etc., I think I might just stick an ice pick in my ear and end it now. Beautiful timing.
Between this, Covid-19 closures and restrictions, Liquor Stores being closed, etc., I think I might just stick an ice pick in my ear and end it now. Beautiful timing.
Can I borrow it when you're done?
Please pull ot out and clean it off before reusing. You know, just in case I have Covid-19. Don't want any cross-infections.

You can only “like” posts now? Too many snowflakes can’t handle being laughed at?

Why no Heads-Up thread this time? We have always had a Heads-Up thread whenever anything was going to be changed at the forum. This time ZERO just did it without warning. Why?

Yes. The new thing is also horrible. The old system we had until last night until without any warning we change to this new radical and annoying format we had a Disagree button, now we have an Angry button instead. This is not a good thing, there are things we can Disagree with this does NOT mean we are Angry with that person or what they have posted. This now will produce a Negative Vibe at this forum, with peoples thinking others are Angry at them as opposed to just Disagree with them.

That EVERYONE'S Ratings have been wiped must also have been to appease Snowflakes because they all seemed to have the lowest ratings and so now NO Ratings = Everyone Gets a Winner Trophy or something.
Now Lucy, I could not AGREE with you more! But I don't actually LOVE you. But it was better than saying I LIKED you, thought you were funny, sad, made me angry or were amazing. If I rate IM2 as ANGRY, does that mean I'm THREATENING a member? Will I be sent to class for EMOTIONAL RETRAINING and reeducation? Why are all the ratings based on EMOTIONS totally unrelated to the actual intellectual content? And what is the point when all of these "emotions" are meaninglessly translated into a "reaction score?" Looks like USMB was sold some really bad software meant for people with 66 IQs.

And you asre SO RIGHT about the Snowflakes: there were people on this board with 80-90% 'Funnies.' Being something of an old mathematician and programmer, it seems to me that any meaningful "reaction score" ought to have the capacity to swing POSITIVE and NEGATIVE. Like swinging from 0 thru +100 positive to -100 negative. Now at least that would make a little sense.

Yes yes yes and yes!

Under the old Pre-Snowflake Format I would have given you a Winner Rating, but now we are on Snowflake Format Muh Feelings Hurt Because Nobody Ever Gave Me A Winner Rating I can only give you a Liked Rating.
That deserves a Winner or Thank You. I love your PRE-SNOWFLAKE and POST-SNOWFLAKE GOT TO APPEASE THE JACKASSES format analysis, it is spot on. I'm of a mind to totally abandon giving anyone any ratings at all which will make the Reaction Scores totally meaningless and we both know all the flaming turds on the forum will now be running around giving everyone they don't like or agree with or supports Trump ANGRY ratings trying to ruin their "reaction scores.

USMB just became a PRO-ASSHOLE supporting forum. The bigger the jerk or idiot you are, the better you'll fit in and like it.
Toob, give this post an "angry," please, so I can see if it effects my "reaction score"
OK, you got it but I didn't mean it. Besides, I was going to tell you I've been watching and ratings I've gotten don't seen to affect mine either. It probably gets sent into an algorithm and gets graded and averaged according to some calculation and then uploaded once a day so you can never know or see the changes. Besides, I have no idea what it means! Can your number go down? Can it hit zero? Can it go negative? And with a reactionary score, what is the point to Points? That seems about as intelligent and useful as the Poster of the Month, where people score the same credit for one word or an emoticon or meme as a 10,000 word self-written, carefully researched essay. I've yet to see one good, talented poster ever actually win Poster of the Month.

Yes yes yes and yes!

I will continue with Like rating even though these posts deserve Winners and Thank You.

and we both know all the flaming turds on the forum will now be running around giving everyone they don't like or agree with or supports Trump ANGRY ratings trying to ruin their "reaction scores.

So with this we return to Negative Ratings then. Great, only the Trolls liked Negative Ratings so they will be happy, this forum has always encouraged Trolls and done everything to keep Trolls as happy as possible while going after Non-Trolls. I think they ONLY kept the Funny rating when they also got the Funny and Agreecause the Trolls rely so much on that Funny button, now there is no actual Funny button but they have been given a nice new present the Angry button. What we will see they as you say will just rate EVERYTHING they want to Troll with the Angry as opposed to the Funny.

The other thing is if we go on previous forum changes NOTHING anyone says they pay attention to, eg. you could have 80% of the forum say they hated some new change but if those little Trolls are happy that's ALL that counts.

Please pull ot out and clean it off before reusing. You know, just in case I have Covid-19. Don't want any cross-infections.
My "reaction score" (boy do I hate that term) went up, not down. So the angry button doesn't negate a point.
Here ya go. Clorox Wiped.

No, you can be angry or sad about a post, too... It looks a lot more like Facebook's like system.

And we should all be happy that the forum is adopting Facebook's system? Facebook is bad, what else will the new format be able to adopt? The Snitching and Doxxing mechanism, you know where Wrong Think is Snitched on and then the person is Doxxed from their job?

This will be fixed shortly, it's just a setting. One of the main benefits to the software upgrade is the mobile support.

An ironic statement, given that this “upgrade” seems to have totally broken support for Tapatalk, at least for now; and on a regular browser on a cell phone, this site now works much less well than it did before.

Last edited:
My "reaction score" (boy do I hate that term) went up, not down. So the angry button doesn't negate a point.

I am giving you an Informative Rating even though there is no Informative button.

I am giving you an Informative Rating even though there is no Informative button.
Thank you.

My guess: ANGRY and LOVE make your score go up more (but equally) than the others, due to their severity rating. The system seems designed around compiling statistical data or a "ratings curve" for others to use (perhaps sold) that you and I will never see. All we get now is an "odometer" counter.

And we should all be happy that the forum is adopting Facebook's system? Facebook is bad, what else will the new format be able to adopt? The Snitching and Doxxing mechanism, you know where Wrong Think is Snitched on and then the person is Doxxed from their job?

1584957887318.png

There once was an experiment.............a group of 10 were placed in a room with a simple task........Choose the biggest box in the room.

One was clearly the biggest box while one was close in size......9 of the people were there to choose the smaller box.....Only 10% .....1 in 10 had the guts to tell the other 9 that they were wrong..........

I choose to be in the 10%...........Ratings mean nothing to me.......I could care less.

No, you can be angry or sad about a post, too... It looks a lot more like Facebook's like system.

Who actually OWNS this forum? We don't know do we. We have no idea with this new software what personal information can be gathering, we have no idea WHO they are told to Flag things and then give information on those who do Wrong Think, you know the exact same system that Facebook and Twitter use you know the Big Brother System.

Some might think this is all paranoia, but they used to say that about those who said the same things about Facebook and Twitter and look how that ended up with Facebook and Twitter passing personal information to various Governments when peoples said something that was Wrong Think, when peoples were not Brainwashed with the Political Correctness and how many got Doxxed from their jobs as a result? Off The Chart Doxxings.

My guess: ANGRY and LOVE make your score go up more (but equally) than the others, due to their severity rating. The system seems designed around compiling statistical data or a "ratings curve" for others to use (perhaps sold) that you and I will never see. All we get now is an "odometer" counter.

"The system seems designed around compiling statistical data or a "ratings curve" for others to use (perhaps sold) that you and I will never see."

Not good, a bit sinister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back