Votes: 5 22.7%
  • go to a party and/or bar

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • get high and watch Wizard of Oz

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
I bought my Crown Royal yesterday. Quiet drinks at home. I might binge on Game of Thrones.

It is going to be FRIGID cold here on NYE, so I am going to do what I usually do, stay home and eat snacks and watch movies! Now, THAT is my idea of a good New Year's Eve! I'm not much into alcohol either, so I bought some sparkling juice for myself and some egg nog (which I thought I liked - I liked it when I was a kid - but I had a glass, and it was kind of thick and sweet and gross actually).
I plan to have two beers with my better half and fall asleep on my comfortable leather couch to be awoken as the ball drops by my better half and then stumble up to bed.

Same as the last 12 years

Do you live in a state that prohibits alcohol sales on Sunday's? If so, will they be lifting that law for New Year's Eve?

Anyway, that's a side thought ... what is your idea of the perfect way to spend New Year's Eve?
... or is it much ado about nothing?
Are there actually states that don't? I can't think of any state where I cannot on a Sunday night go to a hotel, bar or restaurant and buy beer, wine or liquor. Not that I frequent bars like I used to, but still....
I meant a a store, like picking up a case of beer at a liquor or grocery store

I will be trying to be the first in my time zone to post Happy New Years on USMB. Just kidding, will probably be in bed.
Wow! And here I thought I'd cut back a lot on the partying. I guess I have, but not as much as you, apparently. I'm nearly 60, but I'm still not at the point where I'd consider not partying on New Year's Eve, or any other major holiday for that matter. LOL
Any excuse to get drunk, right?
Are there other things you hate in addition to religion and drinking?

Do you live in a state that prohibits alcohol sales on Sunday's? If so, will they be lifting that law for New Year's Eve?

Anyway, that's a side thought ... what is your idea of the perfect way to spend New Year's Eve?
Are there actually states that don't? I can't think of any state where I cannot on a Sunday night go to a hotel, bar or restaurant and buy beer, wine or liquor. Not that I frequent bars like I used to, but still....
I meant a a store, like picking up a case of beer at a liquor or grocery store
Oh. Okay...TY for the clarification.

At 82 years of age I am on zero medications. I will cross country ski my daily 5 miles...Take a hot shower and then relax with a big glass of Jameson on the rocks and a beer chaser. My grandkids will be darting about as my kids are out at another party. Oh and a big fire in the wood stove.

Schnapps and Champagne always. Usually with friends and family. But, I started 4-5 years ago watching some of the Twilight Zone marathon that is on each New Years and now it isn't New Years if I don't at least see William Shatner at 20,000 feet opening a window mid-flight to shoot 'some thing, on the wing' and 100 Yards Over The Rim. As well as a few others.

But imbibing alcohol in great quantity is the rule of the night. Then watch the ball drop. I usually watched Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin but that has apparently ended.

Well, I will spend New Years Eve doing a 12 hour shift, 6 pm to 6 am. And that adds about a thousand dollars to the paycheck. No hangover, afterwards. LOL

At 82 years of age I am on zero medications. I will cross country ski my daily 5 miles...Take a hot shower and then relax with a big glass of Jameson on the rocks and a beer chaser. My grandkids will be darting about as my kids are out at another party. Oh and a big fire in the wood stove.
Congratulations. Best way in the world to spend New Years, with the little ones. You are about 8 years ahead of me. No cross country skiing in Portland, but working as a millwright in a steel mill keeps me in reasonable shape. Only two grandsons, one 17 in Colorado, the other 21 months, here right now doing his best to annoy Grandpa. LOL

It is going to be FRIGID cold here on NYE, so I am going to do what I usually do, stay home and eat snacks and watch movies! Now, THAT is my idea of a good New Year's Eve! I'm not much into alcohol either, so I bought some sparkling juice for myself and some egg nog (which I thought I liked - I liked it when I was a kid - but I had a glass, and it was kind of thick and sweet and gross actually).
A finger or two of Myers dark rum fixes that.

I always have a bottle of something around, so purchasing alcohol isn't really an issue.

I'll probably toast the new year with some cognac (a very small amount given My recent health issue) and then hit the rack afterward.

I will be trying to be the first in my time zone to post Happy New Years on USMB. Just kidding, will probably be in bed.
Wow! And here I thought I'd cut back a lot on the partying. I guess I have, but not as much as you, apparently. I'm nearly 60, but I'm still not at the point where I'd consider not partying on New Year's Eve, or any other major holiday for that matter. LOL
I like drinking, just not on a sunday. For any reason.

Why?

A finger or two of Myers dark rum fixes that.

It really could use something to water it down a bit. It is just really too thick, IMO.

Why?
Starting off the week hung over is a bad omen.

Forum List

Back