Votes: 5 22.7%
  • go to a party and/or bar

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • get high and watch Wizard of Oz

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
At 82 years of age I am on zero medications. I will cross country ski my daily 5 miles...Take a hot shower and then relax with a big glass of Jameson on the rocks and a beer chaser. My grandkids will be darting about as my kids are out at another party. Oh and a big fire in the wood stove.
At 82 years of age I am on zero medications. I will cross country ski my daily 5 miles...
OT:
You are truly among the lucky ones. I hope to make it to 82 and no need for medications. My parents were like that, but it didn't last once they got to their 90s. If I can muster the same, I'll consider that "good enough."

Happy New Year!​

I'm planning on busting out a few moves I haven't even attempted since 1978.
Be careful; you might bust more than a move. LOL If you were old enough to be doing them in 1978, be careful trying to "bust" them now. You've perhaps heard the song What a Difference a Day Makes? Well, 14,600+ of them makes a much bigger difference. LOL Worst thing about being around 60 is that one's body no longer has the resiliency it did when it was around 16 or 26. LOL

Happy New Year. And good luck with those moves.

Here's the '70's disco version of the song.

Last edited:
I will be trying to be the first in my time zone to post Happy New Years on USMB. Just kidding, will probably be in bed.
Wow! And here I thought I'd cut back a lot on the partying. I guess I have, but not as much as you, apparently. I'm nearly 60, but I'm still not at the point where I'd consider not partying on New Year's Eve, or any other major holiday for that matter. LOL
Any excuse to get drunk, right?
Are there other things you hate in addition to religion and drinking?
I like drinking, just not on a sunday. For any reason.

Wait until after midnight, and then it is Monday!

My plans are to do my best keeping the dogs calm as the sound of firecrackers will likely be heard throughout the evening and up through midnight.

Congratulations. Best way in the world to spend New Years, with the little ones. You are about 8 years ahead of me. No cross country skiing in Portland, but working as a millwright in a steel mill keeps me in reasonable shape. Only two grandsons, one 17 in Colorado, the other 21 months, here right now doing his best to annoy Grandpa. LOL

That struck me as the cutest thing ever......just sayin

I'm planning on busting out a few moves I haven't even attempted since 1978.

That is MDK's song! I've already dedicated it to him. mdk and I, we should be dancin' yeah!

WarlikeCourageousGlowworm-max-1mb.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
  • Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Do you live in a state that prohibits alcohol sales on Sunday's? If so, will they be lifting that law for New Year's Eve?

Anyway, that's a side thought ... what is your idea of the perfect way to spend New Year's Eve?
... or is it much ado about nothing?
If a baker has to bake a cake in Oregon then it shall be that alcohol "must" be sold on Sunday.

Bake the cake.

Forum List

Back