New York City going to let illegals vote

Who would’ve thought you would be a big supporter of taxation without representation. They pay taxes and their children go to school. They should have a voice in the decisions being made with their money.

They knew the deal when they came here. It's not mandatory for someone to emigrate here and start a new life. Again, they have a process already to gain the franchise, it's called becoming a citizen.

If you don't need to be a citizen to vote here, what's the point of being a citizen?

The two things are completely unrelated. You would still have kids who felt they were born in the wrong bodies whether I am allowed to marry my life partner of choice or not. You’re conflating.
They are not unrelated. Trans point to the fact that our marriage laws were archaic and so are our rules regarding sports/life of trans people. Note that LGTBQ is lumped together, correct?

Same here. Once you allow non-citizens to vote for municipal officers, leftists will say, see it works lets make it Federal. I do not trust leftists. My opinion. You disagree. Which is what makes America great.

This thread is proof the faux conservatives are as crazy as the progressives in telling local and state govts how to run their own elections. They have no fucking clue what makes NYC work

I live in NYC, so kindly go shove it.

They are not unrelated. Trans point to the fact that our marriage laws were archaic and so are our rules regarding sports/life of trans people. Note that LGTBQ is lumped together, correct?

Same here. Once you allow non-citizens to vote for municipal officers, leftists will say, see it works lets make it Federal. I do not trust leftists. My opinion. You disagree. Which is what makes America great.
By that logic, it’s really all the fault of Loving v Virginia. :lol:

While this is something that Leftists would never countenance, this voting right should be conditioned on PAYING TAXES to NYC and the State of New York. If they are on the dole or otherwise freeloading, why should they be allowed to vote?

So I guess in your world, the family of five that is struggling to get by and does not earn enough to pay taxes should not be allowed to vote.

But the mega millionaire with a team of tax attorneys should be allowed to vote

So someone who pays local taxes and is a legal resident of a country should not be able to have any voice in the place he lives, works and his kids go to school?

Can you explain why you consider that stupid?
Not if they're here illegally. Idiot.

Yup baby steps that's how these liberals operate. Make something not normal to normal.

Maybe it will backfire on the Dems.

Many non-citizens come from lawless nations.

So they might actually vote for Republican law-and-order candidates.

As they say, Karma is a [B-word].

Do you have proof illegals pay taxes?

Even the Left's excuses don't work.

The conservative Heritage Foundation estimated unlawful immigrant households paid $39.2 billion in 2010, but received $93.7 billion in government services.” -- Oliver Darcy

[So much for that fable.]

15 Stats That Destroy Liberal Narratives

And the money they make is sent out of our country.

And, the money taken from working Americans is sent to Mexico by these Mexican citizens....more money than the

"Remittances totaled more than oil income

Money sent from abroad came to $24.8 billion last year, up 4.75%

Mexico News Daily | Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Remittances sent home by Mexicans working outside the country surpassed [Mexican] petroleum revenues in 2015 for the first time.

There was a 4.75% increase in money sent from abroad, most of which comes from the U.S., to total US $24.8 billion last year, up from $23.6 billion in 2014, said the Bank of México.

The bank said it was the first time remittances had totaled more than petroleum revenues since it began tracking them in 1995.

Oil revenues last year totaled $23.4 billion."

Nope, its NOT legal, its VOTER FRAUD.
My repeating of legal, legal, legal immigrants was to emphasize that this was not for the illegal, ILLEGAL immigrants, as bear had stated initially.

And NO it is NOT illegal for local govts to allow LEGAL NON CITIZENS to vote...locally....various localities have allowed such, since our creation as a nation. It is NOT unconstitutional at the local level.... from what I have researched previously on the topic. This is why it has held up and been allowed when localities have legislated it....because it is Constitutional.

Whether it is a good idea or not for a locality, is debatable...but it is NOT illegal or unconstitutional to do such.

My repeating of legal, legal, legal immigrants was to emphasize that this was not for the illegal, ILLEGAL immigrants, as bear had stated initially.

And NO it is NOT illegal for local govts to allow LEGAL NON CITIZENS to vote...locally....various localities have allowed such, since our creation as a nation. It is NOT unconstitutional at the local level.... from what I have researched previously on the topic. This is why it has held up and been allowed when localities have legislated it....because it is Constitutional.

Whether it is a good idea or not for a locality, is debatable...but it is NOT illegal or unconstitutional to do such.
What's funny about your post is I had many arguments in the past on here who insist non citizens couldn't vote now you all are changing your talking points

So someone who pays local taxes and is a legal resident of a country should not be able to have any voice in the place he lives, works and his kids go to school?

Can you explain why you consider that stupid?
If someone is in the country illegally they are not a legal resident. Until a person is a citizen of the US, they are citizens of wherever they came from and already have representation, chosen or not.

What's funny about your post is I had many arguments in the past on here who insist non citizens couldn't vote now you all are changing your talking points
Legal Non citizens, in local elections, can vote when legislators legislate it. They can not vote in Federal position elections....was my understanding....

But I just found a history article on the topic, and it said that at one time in our history, non citizens in some states, could legally vote in some federal elections as well.

Hayduk’s research found that at various points between 1776 and 1926, “40 states and federal territories permitted non-citizens to vote in local, state and even federal elections,” and that non-citizens were able to hold public office at various points. After all, in the mid-19th century, one just had to be a white, male property-owner to vote, and so-called “alien suffrage” (granting the right to vote to non-citizens) was seen as a way to lure foreign laborers — white, male ones — to help settle the frontier.

Forum List

Back