New York City going to let illegals vote

I don’t see any harm in allowing LEGAL, tax paying immigrants with children I schools or businesses to vote in elections that impact them
School Boards and local officials

Justification for cheating?
It's not cheating, if it is legislated.

I'm not done researching it, but I believe we passed a law about a hundred or less years ago, to make it illegal to vote in federal elections.

If someone is in the country illegally they are not a legal resident. Until a person is a citizen of the US, they are citizens of wherever they came from and already have representation, chosen or not.
That's why NY doesn't suggest illegal immigrants get the right to vote. It does give legal immigrants that right. It's amazing how many of you don't seem to be able to distinguish between legal and Illegal immigration.

If someone is in the country illegally they are not a legal resident. Until a person is a citizen of the US, they are citizens of wherever they came from and already have representation, chosen or not.
You can be a legal resident without being a US citizen. You do realize this right?

Who is conducting the oversight? Would it not require proof? If so, voter ID shouldn't be an issue moving forward, correct?
It does. Luckily those that are legal immigrants by definition have documents to prove their status.

That's why NY doesn't suggest illegal immigrants get the right to vote. It does give legal immigrants that right. It's amazing how many of you don't seem to be able to distinguish between legal and Illegal immigration.
There is only one distinction that matters, citizen or non-citizen.

Given that there is so much debate and distrust around elections, it is surprising a group hasn't organized a parallel "election" in which people selected by the group itself 'voted' and used those results to decide its social participation. Well done, it could gather a lot of influence.

Yup baby steps that's how these liberals operate. Make something not normal to normal.

Liberal Logic 101

The 9/11 hijackers would have qualified for voting rights under this ordinance, but the Mayor back then, Rudy Giuliani, was a XENOPHOBE!!! If he had allowed these peaceful Muslims to participate in our democracy, they wouldn't have gotten so outraged that they did that thing they did.

Doesn't mean they should be allowed to vote.
Again why not? I seem to remember a slogan saying "no taxation without representation" it doesn't apply anymore?

I can see and agree with not wanting this on a federal level. But for local representatives? Can you give me a reason why not?

Who is conducting the oversight? Would it not require proof? If so, voter ID shouldn't be an issue moving forward, correct?
It would require proof they were legal green card holders to register to vote.

There would also have to have a separate voter roll for local school board elections where legal immigrants are allowed to vote, vs federal elections or state elections, where green card holders are not allowed to vote.

Given that there is so much debate and distrust around elections, it is surprising a group hasn't organized a parallel "election" in which people selected by the group itself 'voted' and used those results to decide its social participation. Well done, it could gather a lot of influence.
Actually, that was the tactic that Navarro said he wanted to employ to prevent Biden from taking power.

It doesn't seem to stop Trump supporters bitching about supposed Democrats cheating.

Liberal Logic 101

The 9/11 hijackers would have qualified for voting rights under this ordinance, but the Mayor back then, Rudy Giuliani, was a XENOPHOBE!!! If he had allowed these peaceful Muslims to participate in our democracy, they wouldn't have gotten so outraged that they did that thing they did.
Why make up shit? Can't you debate the argument on its merit alone???

No, the hijackers were not invited to the United States by the United States, to become citizens???

It would require proof they were legal green card holders to register to vote.

There would also have to have a separate voter roll for local school board elections where legal immigrants are allowed to vote, vs federal elections or state elections, where green card holders are not allowed to vote.
Who provides the oversight on the 'separate' rolls and what guarantee is there they remain separate? What remedy is available in case of 'mistakes'?

Actually, that was the tactic that Navarro said he wanted to employ to prevent Biden from taking power.

It doesn't seem to stop Trump supporters bitching about supposed Democrats cheating.
All along, it has been the republicans that ARE CHEATING and trying to STEAL the election away from Biden, and we the people, while they point a finger at Democrats, who followed the constitution and the law.

Who provides the oversight on the 'separate' rolls and what guarantee is there they remain separate? What remedy is available in case of 'mistakes'?
what guarantee is there they remain separate?
Since they use computers to do this it seems a simple matter of creating a subfolder. I'm not a computer expert but even I'm capable of creating a folder within a folder.
What remedy is available in case of 'mistakes'?
It's called a lawsuit.

Last edited:
All along, it has been the republicans that ARE CHEATING and trying to STEAL the election away from Biden, and we the people, while they point a finger at Democrats, who followed the constitution and the law.
Lol, it's not even original. Projecting is as old as politics

Forum List

Back