🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New York State Budget Director on the “Fundamental Ignorance” That Killed the Amazon Deal

We didn’t my need more tax dollars going to amazon. No more cronyism.

No tax dollars were going to Amazon you stupid moron, wait...AOC is that you?

The state was "offering" three billion in tax relief. Parse that how you like, but it's not equal protection.

Amazon offered to pay NY $20 billion in taxes, stupid shit Cortez said no I'll take $0. :auiqs.jpg:

Why do you trust politicians so much to make such deals? You think NY democrats negotiated a good deal?

Screw Amazon . There little shakedown is disgraceful .

The little guy who wants to open a shop has to pay full tax but the giant company gets all the breaks ?

I always laugh when I see a thread on this, because ...

"She graduated cum laude from Boston University's College of Arts and Sciences in 2011, majoring in international relations and economics."

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez - Wikipedia
Colleges are a joke now.
The gimme D's of the 80s to prevent students from flunking evolved into gimme C's in the 90s, to the gimme B's in the aughts, to gimme A's nowadays.

Regardless of her grades or how she got them, Cortez is obviously an idiot.

Corporations are free to negotiate terms with whomever they choose, this is America
Should all of us be free to negotiate for exemptions to laws we don't like?
Let's say Bezos has a thing for young girls. Should a state be allowed to offer him exemption from statutory rape charges if he chooses their state for his headquarters? Seriously, are tax laws the only laws that a state can offer up for negotiation?
Good GOD you REALLY are as stupid as a BOX OF ROCKS.

Really? So you think wealthy corporations should be able to negotiate for tax breaks? Anything else they should be allowed to "negotiate" for?

Tell me about this box of rocks.
All they negotiate for are tax breaks you fucking LOON. And yes when a competition is placed between where a company will locate a local Government needs the ability to negotiate to convince them to put their jobs and tax base in the local Governments control.

Worth noting that Sean Hannity has criticized the deal. He cites the fact that Amazon gets breaks that ordinary businesses do not.

At least there are still some intelligent people in liberal land. AOC still seems to think that NY now has an extra 3 billion laying around. This is a definite symptom of a much larger issue, namely the dumbing down of our youth. The fact that 16,000 people voted for her is astounding. That's a lot of useful idiots.

They would have had $27 billion (after a tax cut of $3 billion) and they would have had 25,000 new jobs.

Now they get NOTHING!!!! AOC, the poster child for indoctrination centers, still thinks they came out ahead. Why do Dems even take her seriously? She should go back to being a bartender.

New York State Budget Director on the “Fundamental Ignorance” That Killed the Amazon Deal | Jon Miltimore

Most of the jobs are automated.

The robots even pick product.

Here's the pickers...

They were not warehouse jobs lol.

Christ

They would have been good paying jobs. I know a few people who work for Amazon. They pay very well and the benefits are good. Let's not forget the $27 billion in new revenue for NY. Yet, AOC was more concerned about that $3 billion tax break. She is extremely ignorant of economics, math and capitalism.

Forum List

Back