New York on Verge of Being First State to Ban Natural Gas

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Natural gas may become a fuel of the past — at least in New York. And more than gas stoves will be discontinued, with New York Democrat Gov. Kathy Hochul agreeing to a deal with Democratic lawmakers that would bar natural gas statewide.

The preliminary deal, the New York Post reported, would mandate all new buildings under seven stories to be fully electric by 2026. Larger structures would be affected in 2029, and it's part of a wider $229 billion spending plan.

"Everyone knows we've seen the effects of climate change, the storms, the hurricanes coming to New York, record snow amounts," Hochul told reporters Thursday. "Our budget prioritizes nation-leading climate action that meets this moment with ambition and the commitment it demands."

And there you go......While the right was clutching it's pearls over abortion the democrats were erecting a full-blown theocracy based on environmentalism and social justice.

It's also a example of what happens when you have dem-party rule......Fuckin' Hochul was sure a wolf in sheep's clothing wasn't she?

Natural gas is easier and cheaper to resource, produce, maintain, ship, contain, and burn.
It is more environmentally friendly, and costs a hell of a lot less as a utility.

Of COURSE the DementiaCretins are after to get rid of it! It doesn't destroy enough of the environment for them to syphon billions of dollars from thier eco-terrorism!!!

Remember this guy? Reddy Kilowatt. He's been around since 1939. During the 60's he was the trademark for "all electric" homes in NM and AZ. The idea is admirable, but they have the cart before the horse. They have to be able to provide the power before they completely overwhelm the grid with no alternative.
d39eab01.jpg

The United States is the "Saudi Arabia" of natural gas. We have enough to last for hundreds of years, and that's even assuming we shift most electricity generation to natural gas. Much of the progress the U.S. has made in the [counter-scientific] quest to reduce our CO2 emissions has been due to the conversion from coal to natural gas to generate electricity. Indeed, powering our cars with natural gas would be a rational path for some Musk-like entrepreneur.

Leftist politicians are destroying our country. The only question is whether they are stupid or evil. Or both, I suppose.

I suspect they will just buy it all from PA & NJ (price be damned) because from what I understand from people who live there there are NG lines being installed all over the state and in all new construction.

I hope they get reamed good-n-hard......Deserves has everything to do with it.

Eventually, the Supreme Court will deal with these bans being put in place in municipalities and now an entire state. Interstate commerce, etc.

California is banning diesel trucks beginning in 2036 is more insanity from the nutter leftoids.

Natural gas may become a fuel of the past — at least in New York. And more than gas stoves will be discontinued, with New York Democrat Gov. Kathy Hochul agreeing to a deal with Democratic lawmakers that would bar natural gas statewide.

The preliminary deal, the New York Post reported, would mandate all new buildings under seven stories to be fully electric by 2026. Larger structures would be affected in 2029, and it's part of a wider $229 billion spending plan.

"Everyone knows we've seen the effects of climate change, the storms, the hurricanes coming to New York, record snow amounts," Hochul told reporters Thursday. "Our budget prioritizes nation-leading climate action that meets this moment with ambition and the commitment it demands."

And there you go......While the right was clutching it's pearls over abortion the democrats were erecting a full-blown theocracy based on environmentalism and social justice.

It's also a example of what happens when you have dem-party rule......Fuckin' Hochul was sure a wolf in sheep's clothing wasn't she?

As retarded as I think this is, they aren't looking to "ban natural gas." This implies that New York is looking to ban all natural gas. But that's not what's being proposed.

They're looking to ban natural gas into new buildings. This is stoopid and nothing more than virtue-signalling. But the title is misleading.

That technology has been around for decades. Many people that I know converted their cars to propane in the 80s. It can still be done. How to Convert Your Car to Run on Propane
One of the guys in our old hunt club ran his PU on propane....I seem to remember it having some issues when it got bitterly cold but I might be mistaken....He drove it till the day he died.

One of the guys in our old hunt club ran his PU on propane....I seem to remember it having some issues when it got bitterly cold but I might be mistaken....He drove it till the day he died.
I seem to remember some issues. Like when they took lead out of gas and the issues with valves, but that was before breakfast this morning and I can't remember what I had for that either. LOL

That's idiotic of New York. Natural gas fuels 46% of New York's utility-scale in-state power generation, and 70% of the state's natural gas-fired plants have dual-fuel capability, allowing them to also burn petroleum products.

Nuclear power provides one fourth of the state's electricity, and renewable resources only provides three-tenths of their electricity, with 73% of that being hydroelectric.

U.S. Energy Information Administration - EIA - Independent Statistics and Analysis

Forum List

Back