New York on Verge of Being First State to Ban Natural Gas

Natural gas may become a fuel of the past — at least in New York. And more than gas stoves will be discontinued, with New York Democrat Gov. Kathy Hochul agreeing to a deal with Democratic lawmakers that would bar natural gas statewide.

The preliminary deal, the New York Post reported, would mandate all new buildings under seven stories to be fully electric by 2026. Larger structures would be affected in 2029, and it's part of a wider $229 billion spending plan.

"Everyone knows we've seen the effects of climate change, the storms, the hurricanes coming to New York, record snow amounts," Hochul told reporters Thursday. "Our budget prioritizes nation-leading climate action that meets this moment with ambition and the commitment it demands."

And there you go......While the right was clutching it's pearls over abortion the democrats were erecting a full-blown theocracy based on environmentalism and social justice.

It's also an example of what happens when you have dem-party rule......Fuckin' Hochul was sure a wolf in sheep's clothing wasn't she?
What climate change ??

That technology has been around for decades. Many people that I know converted their cars to propane in the 80s. It can still be done. How to Convert Your Car to Run on Propane
The problem is that propane is far less efficient than gasoline. ATT replaced a lot of its vans with either propane or CNG. Vans that needed fueling once a week needed to be fueled three times a week.

Eventually, the Supreme Court will deal with these bans being put in place in municipalities and now an entire state. Interstate commerce, etc.

California is banning diesel trucks beginning in 2036 is more insanity from the nutter leftoids.
Also diesel electric locomotives.

One of the guys in our old hunt club ran his PU on propane....I seem to remember it having some issues when it got bitterly cold but I might be mistaken....He drove it till the day he died.

Yeah, there's issues will ALL fuel sources......extreme cold/heat are the main ones.
Yes, cold is a factor in propane/natural gas vehicles. It doesn't need to be kept at a low temp for storage like hydrogen, but cold does affect the inner workings at certain low temps. Like most fuels though......as long as its above freezing, your gonna be ok.

Liquid fuels, like gas and diesel have the fewest problems.......because unlike being an actual, physical gas.........they are liquids and also contribute to being lubricants for the inside of the engine as well, which help a great deal in cold weather.

And battery operated vehicles have cold restricting the power they can give. It's more difficult to pull power thru a cold wire, from a cold battery, than it is a hot one. But a hot one can burn up faster. This is why you don't want these vehicles in Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico or Alaska. They'll burn the battery out a lot faster.

Remember this guy? Reddy Kilowatt. He's been around since 1939. During the 60's he was the trademark for "all electric" homes in NM and AZ. The idea is admirable, but they have the cart before the horse. They have to be able to provide the power before they completely overwhelm the grid with no alternative.
d39eab01.jpg
Of course, the result now is enormous bills, since electric heat is very expensive.
One of the guys in our old hunt club ran his PU on propane....I seem to remember it having some issues when it got bitterly cold but I might be mistaken....He drove it till the day he died.
Below a certain temp (really cold-like, -20 range), propane won't flow and the tank must be heated.
The problem is that propane is far less efficient than gasoline. ATT replaced a lot of its vans with either propane or CNG. Vans that needed fueling once a week needed to be fueled three times a week.
About 25% less energy per gallon for propane compared to gasoline.

Below a certain temp (really cold-like, -20 range), propane won't flow and the tank must be heated.
Nope, I heat my shop and run my emergency generator on propane and at times we reach those temps in the winter. I have no tank heaters and neither do any of my neighbors. We stay toasty.

Forum List

Back