🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New York State Budget Director on the “Fundamental Ignorance” That Killed the Amazon Deal

No, I'm principled. If we let corporations negotiate for exemptions to laws the rest of us have to follow, we're idiots. And our government is a sham.

You're not principled, you're a fucking fool. Disney gets every break in the book in Florida and because of it, 126 million people visited Florida
last year, and paid all the State Bills of 21 million Floridians.

"Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

I'm not sure if you're trying to make a point or not. There's no doubt states benefit from these deals. But they're wrong.

Again, I ask: should a state be able to offer exemptions to any of its laws in exchange for corporate favor? Should companies be offered exemptions to pollution laws, for example?
Again that is a red herring and YOU KNOW IT. stop trolling.

It's not a red herring, simpleton. It's a valid comparison. No one should be allowed to negotiate for exemptions from the law, no matter how rich they are.
It is NOT you fucking LOON, be specific and cite for us ANY previous time any thing other then land and tax rates were offered?

I'm asking why? What prevents them from doing the same thing with other laws? Would you support it if they did?

You're not principled, you're a fucking fool. Disney gets every break in the book in Florida and because of it, 126 million people visited Florida
last year, and paid all the State Bills of 21 million Floridians.

"Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

I'm not sure if you're trying to make a point or not. There's no doubt states benefit from these deals. But they're wrong.

Again, I ask: should a state be able to offer exemptions to any of its laws in exchange for corporate favor? Should companies be offered exemptions to pollution laws, for example?
Again that is a red herring and YOU KNOW IT. stop trolling.

It's not a red herring, simpleton. It's a valid comparison. No one should be allowed to negotiate for exemptions from the law, no matter how rich they are.
It is NOT you fucking LOON, be specific and cite for us ANY previous time any thing other then land and tax rates were offered?

I'm asking why? What prevents them from doing the same thing with other laws? Would you support it if they did?
They have LEGAL discretion with taxes they do not with criminal liability laws which you should know you loon.

One of AOC's mindless disciples lol

No money was going TO Amazon you babbling buffoon. It was a CREDIT on future taxes generated BY Amazon.

Semantic horseshit. The exemption would give Amazon an advantage over everyone else who had to pay the taxes legally owed. Splitting hairs over what you call it doesn't change that.

Instead NY loses probably upwards of 30 to 35 thousand jobs. Tens of thousands of jobs that would have INCREASED NY's wallet via NEW taxes that would have more than made up for the credit offered to get the jobs to come to NY.

Dumbass leftists

Maybe - but in this case, they were right. Seriously, how far would you take this game? How much ass-kissing is a state allowed to do in their desire for corporate favor?
It isn't a game dipshit. It is a fact of life for how big cities attract big job investments to their cities.
Unless and until you outlaw such practices this will be the norm.

Yep. That's why it should be outlawed.
Which would be POINTLESS because then cities and states would just lower corporate tax rates by lay to attract the jobs with the end result being pretty much the same by the time all the addendums are added to the new local tax codes.

You're wasting your breath

I know I'm wasting my breath. But it might turn a light on for someone else. A state lowering taxes for everyone, is a valid approach. Giving special perks to special friends is wrong, and you know it.
It isn't about "friends" ffs. It is about broadening your tax base and increasing the standard of living for your citizens which in turn gives them reason to spend more.
It is a negotiation used in all aspects of capitalism from buying that new bedroom set at a price negotiated down to landing 40k new GOOD jobs for your city.

I get your fairness argument but let's get real here. NOTHING in life is fair or guaranteed

Last edited:
Oh, a headquarters. I thought it was a fulfillment center or something.

I don't shop on Amazon anyway. lol.

Are you dumb?
No, I'm principled. If we let corporations negotiate for exemptions to laws the rest of us have to follow, we're idiots. And our government is a sham.

Corporations are free to negotiate terms with whomever they choose, this is America
Should all of us be free to negotiate for exemptions to laws we don't like?
Let's say Bezos has a thing for young girls. Should a state be allowed to offer him exemption from statutory rape charges if he chooses their state for his headquarters? Seriously, are tax laws the only laws that a state can offer up for negotiation?
Good GOD you REALLY are as stupid as a BOX OF ROCKS.

That one is a koolaid drinking full retard prog.

Its not rocket science, Amazon offered NY $20 billion dollars in tax revenue and 25,000 jobs and those stupid shit liberals killed the deal. Well now they get nothing, WTF is wrong with those idiots?

There's a name for government "investing" in companies and expecting a return. Wanna guess what it is? HINT: it stars with Soc....

You mean like Obama giving GM $50 billion and getting a bunch of campaign donations in return? OUCH! You just can't win today, or any day. :auiqs.jpg:

Its not rocket science, Amazon offered NY $20 billion dollars in tax revenue and 25,000 jobs and those stupid shit liberals killed the deal. Well now they get nothing, WTF is wrong with those idiots?

They felt that caving to Amazon's demands was unethical. I agree.

Corporations are free to negotiate terms with whomever they choose, this is America
Should all of us be free to negotiate for exemptions to laws we don't like?
Let's say Bezos has a thing for young girls. Should a state be allowed to offer him exemption from statutory rape charges if he chooses their state for his headquarters? Seriously, are tax laws the only laws that a state can offer up for negotiation?
Good GOD you REALLY are as stupid as a BOX OF ROCKS.

That one is a koolaid drinking full retard prog.

What's a prog?

This entire thread is further proof of how conservatives actually do love big government.

We didn’t my need more tax dollars going to amazon. No more cronyism.
We need a Constitutional amendment to stop states from doing this in the first place. Or at least a Congress and Court willing to apply the Commerce Clause as it was intended.
South Carolina gave BMW no property taxes for a few years. A very good decision.

I disagree. These kinds of sellouts damage the whole nation. They make a mockery of equal protection and yell from the rooftops the government is for sale to the highest bidder.
BMW is one of the best things to happen here. We have automotive company's from all over making parts for them. A big boost in jobs and taxes. That paid off, I mean amazon would get 3 billion in a tax cut. But would pay 28 billion in taxes over 10 years. Now you get nothing.

New Yorkers don’t need to cough up $3 billion in tax breaks when we don’t the jobs.

Hey, Amazon, go to Appalachia, they’re dieing for jobs down there.

Who need high paying tech jobs when AOC will just pay people?

Forum List

Back