Newt Gingrich on "Meet the Press" - GOP handed two big gifts

R

rdean

Just finish watching meet the press. Newt said the Supreme Court, when it upheld Obamacare, saved the GOP from the headache of trying to provide healthcare for millions of people.

He said that Gay Marriage was a gift (paraphrasing) that took away the discussion of the GOP hatred of gays just in time for 2016.

Now, he has Bobby Jindal saying again and again that the Bible says marriage is between one man and one woman. Anyone who has actually read the Bible knows that Bible marriages are between one man and multiple women and one of the only marriages involving one man and one woman was Adam and Eve. And they were NEVER married.

Just finish watching meet the press. Newt said the Supreme Court, when it upheld Obamacare, saved the GOP from the headache of trying to provide healthcare for millions of people.

He said that Gay Marriage was a gift (paraphrasing) that took away the discussion of the GOP hatred of gays just in time for 2016.

Now, he has Bobby Jindal saying again and again that the Bible says marriage is between one man and one woman. Anyone who has actually read the Bible knows that Bible marriages are between one man and multiple women and one of the only marriages involving one man and one woman was Adam and Eve. And they were NEVER married.
Newt was right, and especially with the gay marriage ruling. The Republicans will have their bench Candidates, Jindal, Huckabee, etc, harp about it just to keep Republicans from getting depressed, and the Tier 1 candidates will keep relatively quiet about it.

That's just going to be for the primaries. When the general election comes around, repealing Obamacare will be a big issue, and you will hear whatever Republican candidate wins the nomination say crap like "I will uphold the law", and that's it

Newt was right, and especially with the gay marriage ruling. The Republicans will have their bench Candidates, Jindal, Huckabee, etc, harp about it just to keep Republicans from getting depressed, and the Tier 1 candidates will keep relatively quiet about it.

That's just going to be for the primaries. When the general election comes around, repealing Obamacare will be a big issue, and you will hear whatever Republican candidate wins the nomination say crap like "I will uphold the law", and that's it
I think they will stop talking about Healthcare unless one gets into office. Republicans have no problem screwing over millions of Americans. We've see it in the last three Republican presidents. Why? Because they are elitists. The GOP definition of elitist.

Newt as usual, was right. By leaving Obamacare intact, eventually the people are going to find out just how bad of a clusterfuck it really is. Eventually the blame will come down on the Democrats.

Newt as usual, was right. By leaving Obamacare intact, eventually the people are going to find out just how bad of a clusterfuck it really is. Eventually the blame will come down on the Democrats.
Keep dreaming the dream. If republicans want to gain the moral high ground on the health care issue then they need some better ideas rather than just this blind urge to vandalize and destroy the health care law. Right now they look like a bunch of assholes who would have turned somersaults joy if millions of people in their states had just lost coverage if the court had ruled in their favor.

Keep dreaming the dream. If republicans want to gain the moral high ground on the health care issue then they need some better ideas rather than just this blind urge to vandalize and destroy the health care law. Right now they look like a bunch of assholes who would have turned somersaults joy if millions of people in their states had just lost coverage if the court had ruled in their favor.

Do you think I'd shed a single tear if millions of people lost their welfare checks, food stamps, and Obamaphones?

Look at my eyes. :banana:

Do you think I'd shed a single tear if millions of people lost their welfare checks, food stamps, and Obamaphones?

I never claimed any republican gave a shit about the disadvantaged, you guys revel in being dickholes.

I never claimed any republican gave a shit about the disadvantaged, you guys revel in being dickholes.

Did I claim to be a Republican? Not really, I'm one of those evil "right-wingers" and a Christian Sympathizer. Guess how many guns I keep in the trunk of my car, and you'll win a prize.

But historically speaking, it was after all the Republicans who freed the slaves, gave the women the right to vote, and passed the Civil Rights Act. I will say that much for them.

Did I claim to be a Republican? No, I'm one of those evil "right-wingers", guess how many guns I keep in the trunk of my car, and you'll win a prize.

But historically speaking, it was after all the Republicans who freed the slaves, gave the women the right to vote, and passed the Civil Rights Act. I will say that much for them.
Right wingers never did anything good for anyone except themselves. Republicans only ever did good things when they had liberals in their party.

So Newt is basically saying on two of the most important issues Republicans pushed against (especially ACA)....The Republicans were dead wrong and the public was against them, so the Supreme Court saved the party from looking like a bunch of a$$hats.

The only problem with his theory is there are another dozen or so other policy stances Republicans take that make them look like a$$hats as well, so dropping 2 of them won't do as much as he hopes.

So Newt is basically saying on two of the most important issues Republicans pushed against (especially ACA)....The Republicans were dead wrong and the public was against them, so the Supreme Court saved the party from looking like a bunch of a$$hats.

The only problem with his theory is there are another dozen or so other policy stances Republicans take that make them look like a$$hats as well, so dropping 2 of them won't do as much as he hopes.
Nothing can wash away the stain of their continued devotion to the trickle down theory.

Did I claim to be a Republican? No, I'm one of those evil "right-wingers", guess how many guns I keep in the trunk of my car, and you'll win a prize.

Right wingers never did anything good for anyone except themselves. Republicans only ever did good things when they had liberals in their party.

That's really funny. Clinton never did anything good for this country until Newt led Congress. Unfortunately, Obama has no conservatives in his party, so he'll go down in history as an abject failure.

Republican are also pretty stupid and will let Progressives frame the debate are upholding obamacare and ssm.

That's really funny. Clinton never did anything good for this country until Newt led Congress. Unfortunately, Obama has no conservatives in his party, so he'll go down in history as an abject failure.
Conservatives have painted themselves into a corner over so many things that only the very smartest ones see what an ideological trap they have made for themselves trying to appeal to people like you. There are signs that the GOP has grown weary of the libertarian tea baggers and the social conservatives but it is much too late to salvage things. If the republican party was ever anything good it is now ancient history.

Conservatives have painted themselves into a corner over so many things that only the very smartest ones see what an ideological trap they have made for themselves trying to appeal to people like you. There are signs that the GOP has grown weary of the libertarian tea baggers and the social conservatives but it is much too late to salvage things. If the republican party was ever anything good it is now ancient history.

More whistling past the graveyard. Josef Goebbels you're not.

More whistling past the graveyard. Josef Goebbels you're not.
That does not even make sense, everyone knows that the Goebbels formula of propaganda only works on conservatives.

Can you tell us what is in the Tea Party platform that causes Liberal Progressive Democrat pukes to go apeshit at the thought of "Tea Party?"
Here's a clue from 1-10.

b76zflxiyaike3-jpg.42065

Can you tell us what is in the Tea Party platform that causes Liberal Progressive Democrat pukes to go apeshit at the thought of "Tea Party?"
Here's a clue from 1-10.

b76zflxiyaike3-jpg.42065
What they say they want is a lie. What they do and say in less guarded moments is better indication of what they stand for: Social conservatism, racial scapegoating, plutocracy and total destruction of the social safety net no matter the misery it might cause.

Here's a clue from 1-10.

b76zflxiyaike3-jpg.42065
What they say they want is a lie. What they do and say in less guarded moments is better indication of what they stand for: Social conservatism, racial scapegoating, plutocracy and total destruction of the social safety net no matter the misery it might cause.
I belong to the Tea Party, receive all their literatature, bulletins, E-mails and have attended meetings and have never heard any bullshit like that. If I had I would drop them like a bad habit. We always talk about the 10 points of the platform. That's why I have hate and fear of the Liberal Progressive Democrats. A pox on everyone of the evil bastards and may they all rot in hell.

Forum List

Back