NFL kneelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it seems they are.

My point is that it is not the place of the President to be butting into such matters, to be taking sides on such things.

This President is a total badass...he always sides with good and there is NO issue too small for him to take interest in...How fucking cool is that?

About as cool as this...

giphy.gif

That is pretty COOL.

Go put your toe in it and tell me how cool it is

Can't. Got plans to climb a tree. But I agree with you. SUPER COOL!!

Not cool at all, it is about 1500 degrees, which is really fucking hot, not cool at all.

If they're not protesting the Anthem, then why do they wait until the National Anthem is played before they kneel?
To draw attention to their protest.

What’s your thoughts on good, positive contributing, law abiding folks staging an annual protest against criminality and welfare dependency on Martin Luther King Day each and every year?

This President is a total badass...he always sides with good and there is NO issue too small for him to take interest in...How fucking cool is that?

About as cool as this...

giphy.gif

That is pretty COOL.

Not cool at all, it is about 1500 degrees, which is really fucking hot, not cool at all.

But figuratively, super cool.

You aren't claiming that Trump can literally melt steel with his bare hands, are you?

Of course not.

But figuratively, HELL YES.

See what I did there?

LOL!!! I am so funny, when I set my mind to it.

Kinda crazy how we spent an entire season off when not one NFL player had a protest or an event. Now that the season is starting they get involved. If you can’t actually spend your own off time protesting it’s not even serious to them. It’s a worthless protest. You can’t be so emotionally investing in something you won’t do on your own time.

It’s because they don’t believe in their cause. You need to remember that very few of Hess men ever left high school behind. They are nothing but spoiled brats who would have just been little thug nobody’s if it spent for football or some other professional sport. Just look at how the majority of them turn out when they are all used up. If they are lucky they own some coin op laundry Matt’s and get to do used car commercials.

Kinda crazy how we spent an entire season off when not one NFL player had a protest or an event. Now that the season is starting they get involved. If you can’t actually spend your own off time protesting it’s not even serious to them. It’s a worthless protest. You can’t be so emotionally investing in something you won’t do on your own time.

It’s because they don’t believe in their cause. You need to remember that very few of Hess men ever left high school behind. They are nothing but spoiled brats who would have just been little thug nobody’s if it spent for football or some other professional sport. Just look at how the majority of them turn out when they are all used up. If they are lucky they own some coin op laundry Matt’s and get to do used car commercials.
What I can't understand is Marshawn Lynch is supposedly a college graduate, but can't speak English. He was raised in the United States, college educated. Why can't he speak English?

About as cool as this...

giphy.gif

That is pretty COOL.

But figuratively, super cool.

You aren't claiming that Trump can literally melt steel with his bare hands, are you?

Of course not.

But figuratively, HELL YES.

See what I did there?

LOL!!! I am so funny, when I set my mind to it.

You are a legend in your own mind that is for sure.

Any POTUS sticking their nose into private bushiness and taking sides between them is the opposite of cool, and somehow I bet when Obama had opinions on things you were not talking about how fucking cool he was.

I fucking hate hypocrites.

What I can't understand is Marshawn Lynch is supposedly a college graduate, but can't speak English. He was raised in the United States, college educated. Why can't he speak English?

It’s not about education for these guys. All they have to do is play football. That’s it. Grades are faked and now they can nab them out of high school or first year collage. Talk about slavery!

It’s not about education for these guys. All they have to do is play football. That’s it. Grades are faked and now they can nab them out of high school or first year collage. Talk about slavery!
Slavery? More like lazy and dumb.

There wasn't enough support for him to actually have a formal vote. Garland was too much of an extremist, and would have ruined the ideological balance on the court, possibly destroying our democracy forever.
Too much of an extremist? More than the one the Reps are trying to shove down our throats now? That prick thinks the Nixon ruling was wrong! How extreme is that?

Kavanaugh isn't an extremist, it looks like he has a majority of the Senate behind him.

Slavery yeah. They are slaves that entertain us. In a way, these protest are a healthy thing for these men. It will become abundantly clear by mid year that these men need fans more then fans need them. They are slaves. Nothing more.

Very very very few people do really care. It's a NOTHING burger issue anymore.

If that were the case, they wouldn't be consistently losing an audience.

When you are an entertainer of some sort, you depend on an audience that creates the wealth in which you are paid.

Americans come in all shapes and sizes. So your audience has all different kinds of people. When you take a political stance, about a third of your audience doesn't care. They only came to see you catch a football or sing a song. Another third totally agrees with your points, and they are happy. The other third you totally offend; in this instance, many from the military and I'm sure most everybody that's on a police force.

In short, taking a political stance as an entertainer is the stupidest things one could do. There is an old adage: don't bite the hand that feeds you.

No one has ever said that entertainers are heavy weight intellectuals.

Slavery yeah. They are slaves that entertain us. In a way, these protest are a healthy thing for these men. It will become abundantly clear by mid year that these men need fans more then fans need them. They are slaves. Nothing more.
Slaves aren't paid this well. I get what you're saying, though.

To me it seems like kneeling is more respectful than standing. Standing is something you do naturally but kneeling is something you must do deliberately.

Standing for our national anthem is the tradition, the standard operating procedure for Patriotic Americans. Of course if someone want to denounce our country, they can kneel or squat and defecate on the flag, and if the NFL is cool with that, that is their right as a private outfit.

however, the people including President Trump, have a constitutional 1st Amendment right to call them out for this disrespect to our veterans

Think that might be because what they're doing is not "protesting" but resisting?

Lemme guess --- I lost you at the word "think"....

How are they resisting anything? Rosa Parks resisted by refusing to obey an unjust law. The people doing sit ins at lunch counters were resisting unjust laws. These guys are resisting nothing.

Slaves aren't paid this well. I get what you're saying, though.

That’s true, but look at these guys when sports are done with them. Just watch. It will change fast mid season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back